• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ONE FIFTH of the ENTIRE pokedex is WATER???

Are there too many water pokemon?

• Yes, we're drowning in them.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • No, I love them because I'm a water baby.

Votes: 20 20.6%

• Total voters

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    Personally would love to see more dragon, fire and ghost type pokemon, as they are always my favorites.

I actually tend to stray from water types that are not duel-type, as water alone is pretty stale and you find more of them 90% of the time over every other type already.

Still waiting on at least one Fire/Dragon, and also for a generation to add more than 2-4 ghost types and more than 1 dragon evolutionary line.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    In some ways it makes sence...our world is like covered by 72% water...or something like that. Most likely there world is the same, and anyone realized that Regions are not big in games but in Anime is sorta large but either way, Water body is larger then Land Mass in Percantage wise..in real life

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    just wait until the 5th gen, the last half of that regions pokedex will all be water xD

Oh God, we don't need more Pokemon. ~550 is already abused and they're coming up with stupid sprites and names, i.e. Bidoof.

Water is way too abundant, though. Maybe make them less available in the next game?

For those arguing that Water Pokemon should be abundant because there's a lot of water, what about INSECTS. There are like billions of those things lol! but we don't see billions of Bug Pokemon, so that logic returns illogical :<

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    I've never really used a Dragon-Type. Why? THEY'RE WAY TOO DAMN RARE. If the Dragon-Types exists to be rare, can they at least give us more of them? Also, we need more Ice-Types. That way, My Pokes can actually gain STAB from Ice Beam and Blizzard, instead of just teaching such Moves to my Water-Types. See what I'm gettin' at?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I've never really used a Dragon-Type. Why? THEY'RE WAY TOO DAMN RARE. If the Dragon-Types exists to be rare, can they at least give us more of them? Also, we need more Ice-Types. That way, My Pokes can actually gain STAB from Ice Beam and Blizzard, instead of just teaching such Moves to my Water-Types. See what I'm gettin' at?

Needs moar ghosts and steel. Ice too. Dragons are lame.

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    Well this is no shock in all the games least 25% of the routes on the map space is water and 75% of the routes have water and 3 types of rods. So i never would of thout about it before ether but there is a lack of electric pokemon too could this mean something or are the makers all in the misty lover club or what?

paddy185

Banoffee Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    I know.... there are some water types that are worthless.... Magikarp and Luvdisc anyone? At least Feebas evolves into something good(same goes for Magikarp) AND can learn TMs....

Years
    Oh God, we don't need more Pokemon. ~550 is already abused and they're coming up with stupid sprites and names, i.e. Bidoof :<

For Gen V I would be in favour of culling a bunch of useless pokemon/double ups that have populated later generations. Regardless of a percieved backlash.

I mean how many Rattata & Pidgey clones do we need (Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof & Tailow/Hoot Hoot/Starly). Sure Waters overpopulated but if we got rid of the useless ones like Luvdisc, Qwilfis, Corsola, etc how many of them would be truely missed?

*Ducks head awaiting backlash*

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    That may be true but you have to look at from another point sure there are alot of clones of pokemon types but this only done to make up for huge mass of water. I just did some study online and took a few more looks a the pokedex and that dose suck. I here till we find the end to this junk trainers against more water types!

tobi-ksla

Years
    I don't care about how abundant Water Pokemon are. I love them. Well, just the good ones... Stop look at me like that!

... But still...

1) Fire/Dragon - Just give us an OU line of Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Please? I mean, real mythical dragons breathe fire! They should at least make a Dragon family that could fire off STAB Flamethrowers! Sure, he'd be weak to Stealth Rock, but it's worth it, right?

2) Ghost - I found it hard to make a good monotype Ghost team. Some Ghosts fulfill a certain niche in battle. It's also annoying that the good ones are overused already...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I luv em there should be more when i make fakewmon if i do there will be tons and toins of water pokemon >:-)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I don't care about how abundant Water Pokemon are. I love them. Well, just the good ones... Stop look at me like that!

... But still...

1) Fire/Dragon - Just give us an OU line of Fire/Dragon Pokemon. Please? I mean, real mythical dragons breathe fire! They should at least make a Dragon family that could fire off STAB Flamethrowers! Sure, he'd be weak to Stealth Rock, but it's worth it, right?

2) Ghost - I found it hard to make a good monotype Ghost team. Some Ghosts fulfill a certain niche in battle. It's also annoying that the good ones are overused already...
    That's right.
    Dragon/Fire would be really nice.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    The only good thing about heaps of water pokemon for me is that my starter is usually grass
    i think the we should have more fire types and a dragon/fire type would be cool (A dragon that gets STAB from breathing fire OMG that would be awesome)
    also more dark types and a dark type gym would be good (Dark is the only type without a Gym)

Years
    The only good thing about heaps of water pokemon for me is that my starter is usually grass
    i think the we should have more fire types and a dragon/fire type would be cool (A dragon that gets STAB from breathing fire OMG that would be awesome)
    also more dark types and a dark type gym would be good (Dark is the only type without a Gym)

OH MY GOSH YES.

It's too bad Charizard had to be Fire/Flying and not Fire/Dragon. Heck, why couldn't there be 3 types? =(

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I personally take pride in water type pokemon. They make team making easy Quagsire especially. But what makes water types the best? You can make a team out of them without using pokémon you absolutely hate. But I agree Steel Types Dark Types and Ghost Types need more men. But most of all! There should be a fighting type legendary!

Back