• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One more slot left....

That Zoroark

The Zoroark That Likes Pie....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Umm, I need suggestions for my team.

Feraligatr
    Espeon
    Houndoom
    Scizor
    Crobat

Last slot help?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Pretty well balanced team except crobat and scizor are both flying... A dragon would be really powerful like garchomp. Or if that's not available maybe a grass type like roserade or a rock/ground/steel/electric like golem, steelix, or magnezone. It all depends on specifically what you want.

That Zoroark

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Uhhh....

Scizor isn't a flying type :P
    (HINT:Its a Bug/Steel type.)

Years
    As of your current team, you cover everything except for Normal, Water, Electric, Flying, and Dragon with STAB. If you get an Dragon/Ground type in, you cover Dragon and most likely normal, due to the power of most Dragon-Type pokemon. That leaves you with Water, and Flying to cover. Scizor is x4 when hit with Fire, so we can consider dropping him due to weaknesses (the reason I don't consider dropping a Dragon/Ground for the same reason against Ice is because it's a not as common). You already have good coverage of most of his strengths, only adding Dark to your list. Now we have:

Water
    Flying
    Dark

The only Ground/Dragon pokemon are Garchomp and Flygon, both good pokemon, but since you're not using them in Competitive battling, Garchomp is much better. He can learn some awesome Rock-Type moves like Rock Slide and Stone Edge, so even without STAB, he can cover Flying, leaving us with Water and Dark to cover. With a good Breloom, you can Double-Cover Ice with Houndoom to compensate for Garchomp's x4 weakness. The Fighting SubType of Breloom covers Dark, while the Grass typing covers Water. You're left with nothing you can't get a STAB SuperEffective against except Flying.

If you have any opinions on my choices, please tell me.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I suggest you add a ground type to your team, Donphan is a good choice from the ones that available within HGSS, STAB earthquakes should really help you out. Flygon and Garchomp will help you out too, like Poopnate said, but I don't really think you are in much of a need of a dragon type, considering Feraligatr can fire some pretty powerful ice attacks.

this image shows you all the weaknesses of your team, with Donphan added.
    It's quite balanced type wise.
    One more slot left....

Years
    I know Feraligator has some good Ice-Type attacks, but Garchomp has him beat in both Att and Speed. Using Garchomp would also make a good setup for a STAB attack, taking the multiplier up to x3 as apposed to a weaker attack from Feraligator at x2.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I know Feraligator has some good Ice-Type attacks, but Garchomp has him beat in both Att and Speed. Using Garchomp would also make a good setup for a STAB attack, taking the multiplier up to x3 as apposed to a weaker attack from Feraligator at x2.

Most Dragons have a Ground or Flying secondary type, making ice x4 effective.
    Ayway I guess it doesn't really matter which one he chooses, as he doesn't really have a weakness to Dragons. I just put Donphan there because maybe he doesn't want to use any pokemon that aren't from Johto/Kanto.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
    I say your fine. Put some strategy in there and you'll be done. But If you need a 6th, (Johto/Kanto pkmn) I got the perfect choice. It should be an Ariados. I know Scizor's in there, but if you breed Poison Spikes on Ariados and let it learn Spider Web your good. Use Curse(it's slow anyway) and a Physical move of your choice, the spider will be the one killing.

Years
    You should add a Grass type pokémon for more type coverage.

A good would be Sceptile because he can learn Focus Blast and that is certainly a plus

That Zoroark

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Ok, so I decided to have a mixed attacker.
    My options were:
    Rhyperior
    Megahorn
    Rock Slide(Staple)
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake (Staple)
    Mismagius
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball(Staple)
    Dark Pulse
    Psychic
    Well, Which one?

Years
    Gah... I can't comment because I'd take Misdreavus/Mismagius over ANY Pokemon (I love them both :3 ). Based on opinion, Mismagius. Based on Strategy, however, Rhyperior. The only thing you'd be gaining with Mismagius is an Electric type (Espeon can learn Shadow Ball and Psychic. Houndoom can learn Dark Pulse). Rhyperior just seems better since you're getting the Ground/Rock STAB attacks in.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
    Agreeing with (giggle) Poopnate, I'd go with Rhyperior, high HP and Def, and high Atk too, and with the possibility of Solid Rock, hoho, watch out, because 'Perior's on the street. Plus, synergises well with your team, great choice. Zeus approves, and the approval of a God counts for a lot ;)

Years
    Agreeing with (giggle) Poopnate, I'd go with Rhyperior, high HP and Def, and high Atk too, and with the possibility of Solid Rock, hoho, watch out, because 'Perior's on the street. Plus, synergises well with your team, great choice. Zeus approves, and the approval of a God counts for a lot ;)

Gods don't "giggle", Zues... *facepalm*

Back