• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Night...

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
  • This is just a quick simple story I wrote. Its actually a scene from my past. Maybe if I write it out, or talk to someone, it'll stop haunting me. MW isn't working right now, so excuse the spelling mistakes if there are any.

~~~~~~~~~~

One Night...

"What the hell are you still doing up for?!" I often heard this drunken voice when he stumbled through the door, leaning against its frame to keep himself up. It was around 12 midnight, and my little sister, Kimberly, had woken up from a bad dream.

We were sitting on the couch that was against the wall, next to the grandfather clock. It chimed, annoucing that it was officially 12:00.

I tried to speak. I really did. But when a drunk man walks into your house with a glass bottle in his hand its kind of hard to. Its hard to speak when you know no matter what excuse you make up, your still going to get hurt. It was hard just looking at him.

"I.... Kimberly.... We....," Was all I could manage to say.

A small frightened voice spoke up. "It was my fault," She had tears running down her cheeks, and was shaking more than before. Both of us knew the consequences. "I had a bad dream...." Her voice trailed off.

There was a long silence. At least it seemed like a long one. I couldn't let him hurt Kimberly. "Please, we'll go right to bed and fall asleep right away! I was just trying to calm her down." Kimmy's nightmare was actually about our mothers boyfriend. She said he had gotten home late, as usual, and then mention something about me. I wasn't really listioning to that part. I wish I had.

"OUT! GO TO YOUR ROOMS NOW!!!" He shouted. I had just said we would. Asshole.

Before Kimberly or I could react, a glass bottle was flying through the air at us, aimed at my face. Thats great, just use us for target practice. I love you too.

"Kimberly, move!" I shouted. She didn't see it, so I pushed her out of the way, falling to the ground and covering my head all at once. Its surprizing how fast one can move when they're in danger. The bottle shattered against the wall, and glass flew everywhere. Something sharp slashed across my back, skimming the surface of my skin. I could feel warm liquid oozing out of my cut.

Kimberly dashed up the stairs, but I stayed where I was, in too much pain to move, to even breathe. I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to punch him, kick him, hurt him, make him pay for the past few months. My blood was starting to drip onto the floor. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't even utter a word, let alone hurt him.

*~*~*~*

"Did it hurt?" Kimberly asked, watching me try and clean my new cut. She had some scratches on the back of her leg.

"Yeah," I said, wincing.

"Did you cry?"

"No."

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?" I turned around, looking at her. She was near tears again. She sniffed and rubbed her eyes, bitting her lip. Poor kid. Six years old and having to live through this.

"How..." She was having trouble finding words. I sat down on my bed next to her, taking her hands in mine. Finally, she knew what to say.

"How are you so strong? How can you be so brave?" She started crying again, leaning against me. I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her.

"Kimberly," I began, wanting to cry with her. But I couldn't. She needed me, and I needed her. "I don't know."

She continued. "You're so calm and smart, and you'll face up to that monster. I hope he burns in Hell."

"Kimberly, don't use those words," That was my fault. I had said that in front of her once.

"I'm sorry its just... Your so strong, so... so caring, so kind. I wanna be like you..." She stopped crying, but still didn't move. I felt sorry for her.

I smiled gently, looking her in the eye. "But you are. To live through this at your age is strong and brave." She smiled back at me, sniffing. We sat there the rest of the night, just talking. I doubt I'll ever forget that one night, not because of the scar on my back, not because of the man who helped ruin my life, but because of that one little girl named Kimberly, and all she survived through.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there you have it. Nothing fancy, just a relief.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    dark_espeon said:
    This is just a quick simple story I wrote. Its actually a scene from my past. Maybe if I write it out, or talk to someone, it'll stop haunting me. MW isn't working right now, so excuse the spelling mistakes if there are any.

~~~~~~~~~~

One Night...

"What the hell are you still doing up for?!" I often heard this drunken voice when he stumbled through the door, leaning against its frame to keep himself up. It was around 12 midnight, and my little sister, Kimberly, had woken up from a bad dream.

We were sitting on the couch that was against the wall, next to the grandfather clock. It chimed, annoucing(announcing) that it was officially 12:00.

I tried to speak. I really did. But when a drunk man walks into your house with a glass bottle in his hand its kind of hard to. Its hard to speak when you know no matter what excuse you make up, your(you're) still going to get hurt. It was hard just looking at him.

"I.... Kimberly.... We....," Was all I could manage to say.

A small frightened voice spoke up. "It was my fault," She had tears running down her cheeks, and was shaking more than before. Both of us knew the consequences. "I had a bad dream...." Her voice trailed off.

There was a long silence. At least it seemed like a long one. I couldn't let him hurt Kimberly. "Please, we'll go right to bed and fall asleep right away! I was just trying to calm her down." Kimmy's nightmare was actually about our mothers(mother's) boyfriend. She said he had gotten home late, as usual, and then mention something about me. I wasn't really listioning to that part. I wish I had.

"OUT! GO TO YOUR ROOMS NOW!!!" He shouted. I had just said we would. Asshole.

Before Kimberly or I could react, a glass bottle was flying through the air at us, aimed at my face. Thats great, just use us for target practice. I love you too.

"Kimberly, move!" I shouted. She didn't see it, so I pushed her out of the way, falling to the ground and covering my head all at once. Its surprizing(surprising) how fast one can move when they're in danger. The bottle shattered against the wall, and glass flew everywhere. Something sharp slashed across my back, skimming the surface of my skin. I could feel warm liquid oozing out of my cut.

Kimberly dashed up the stairs, but I stayed where I was, in too much pain to move, to even breathe. I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to punch him, kick him, hurt him, make him pay for the past few months. My blood was starting to drip onto the floor. But, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't even utter a word, let alone hurt him.

*~*~*~*

"Did it hurt?" Kimberly asked, watching me try and clean my new cut. She had some scratches on the back of her leg.

"Yeah," I said, wincing.

"Did you cry?"

"No."

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?" I turned around, looking at her. She was near tears again. She sniffed and rubbed her eyes, bitting her lip. Poor kid. Six years old and having to live through this.

"How..." She was having trouble finding words. I sat down on my bed next to her, taking her hands in mine. Finally, she knew what to say.

"How are you so strong? How can you be so brave?" She started crying again, leaning against me. I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her.

"Kimberly," I began, wanting to cry with her. But I couldn't. She needed me, and I needed her. "I don't know."

She continued. "You're so calm and smart, and you'll face up to that monster. I hope he burns in Hell."

"Kimberly, don't use those words," That was my fault. I had said that in front of her once.

"I'm sorry its just... Your so strong, so... so caring, so kind. I wanna be like you..." She stopped crying, but still didn't move. I felt sorry for her.

I smiled gently, looking her in the eye. "But you are. To live through this at your age is strong and brave." She smiled back at me, sniffing. We sat there the rest of the night, just talking. I doubt I'll ever forget that one night, not because of the scar on my back, not because of the man who helped ruin my life, but because of that one little girl named Kimberly, and all she survived through.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there you have it. Nothing fancy, just a relief.

;o; OMGoodness, I cried so much in this story. Did this truly happen to you, espy? ;-; This story was both beautiful and terrifying. I hate it when parents, who are supposed to be the strong ones. Parents are supposed to be the ones who are mature and protective, not the other way around.

This is a tale that's happened to many children. Child abuse is truly a horrible thing. Seeing as I've never suffered through child abuse, I can't say I understand what Kimberly and her sister had gone through.

Awsome story Espy, it really inflicted me with so many emotions. Fear; on how Kimberly and her sister had been attacked by their own father. Sadness; on how these poor children had to go through such a dramatic and traumatizing ordeal. And anger; on how the father could be so ruthless and evil...he is as the devil himself from my eyes.

*huggles Espy* Great work, dark_espeon, this was a wonderful and beautiful short story. <3

~Kelsey

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
  • Yes, this did happened to me. Sankyuu, Kelsey. *hugs back* Our mother didn't have enough strength to dump him. I wonder how Kimberly is doing right now...

(Actually, he was our mother's boyfriend, and that was my second family. I was adopted again, and then once more after that. So, now here I am, on my fourth family.)

Last edited:

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • I cant believe this actually happens to children. =[ Its absolutely horrible; and I cant believe its happening to one of my best friends on PC, Saphi-chan. =[ Saphi come live with meh~! ;0;

Anyways, that was a very touching story, Saph. Not very happy, I must admit, but a beautiful piece of literature that can really get people into opening up their eyes and seeing how good they have it compared to other children. =] *huggles Saphira* That was lovely~

~Karli

Years
  • I'm speechless..................Awesom story but I did know you could write that good and I do know you can do better.[that was a complement not a I know you can do better thing.]

TIN Prop

Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    This is really sad. It's good to be able to deal with your past through writing it out.

One thing that stuck in my head was that I never clearly identified how old the narrator was at the time.

Beautiful. If you ever need to talk about any of this, I'm online constantly. Just send me a pm, and I'll give you proper channels to talk to me. Trust me, I'm quite always around.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • Aww, that's beutiful ;-; *hugz* I had no idea you were ever abused like that! ;.; Feel free to talk to me about it any time.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Awws, that's a really emotional story, great work.
    You really depicted the detail, both mental and physical, so well ^^

Back