• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One of the worst parts of Wifi Battling....

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
Years
  • Good morning all! : )

I'm here to rantabout something about WiFi Battling, that makes me angrier than any thing happening to me in Pokemon.

Let me explain...

Okay so, you're in the mood for a Wifi battle. You go to your PC box, and withdraw your Wifi Team. Finally, you connect to Nintendo WFC, and find an opponent.

The battle is pretty smooth, and you both seem to be equally skilled.

OR

Your opponent isn't doing well, and it seems he/she will most likely those.

THEN

Either the second you win, or a little bit earlier than that you will see:

"Communication lost with other Player"

Now, whenever I see this, I get pretty pissed..

Anyways

In total, I've done about maybe 80-90 Wifi Battles. I always sit through the entire thing regardless of if I am performing well or not.

HOWEVER.. I have done 80-90 Wifi Battles, as it says on my Trainer Card.

I've done much more than 80-90, and I've won a lot as well.

Every time I am about to win = Communications Lost
    Every time I have a more advantage team = Communications Lost
    Every time I pull out a great strategy = Communications LOst

Whenever I lose = I sit through the whole thing.. I mean seriously, imagine how much work it takes for those people with 1,300+ wins. They probably have gotten at least 2,000, but people Ragequit and make it a draw.

In conclusion, I'm not too sure how much your total wins effects your actual ranking, but I believe it has something to do with Pokemon-GL.

Thanks for listening, thanks for replying =)

-Sevrah

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Its soooo annoying! >:(

I do sometimes quit myself though, when my opponent is just PP stalling to the end :I I dont want to wait minutes for my pp to run out just so that i can lose :I

Sevrah

Sevrah Lux
    Years
  • OMG!!

Since I made that post it's happened about 7 times.. This is ridiculous.. Why doesn't Game Freak do anything about it??

: O

Years
  • Yea, I think GameFreak should make it where if they quit, they lose.
    I know their DS could of turned itself off, but seriously, its like 1 in a million when that happens. Its just Ragequit Ragequit I get angry next battle I quit.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I am really angry when these things happen to me but I can't do anything anyways cause its an unhealthy behavior of people that has been practiced since the days/era of online games.

Whenever someone disconnects on me, I just condition myself that I pretty much won the battle so I win. Records may nor show it but I know in myself I won.

And yeah, I seat on every battle including the times when I am not performing well..

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    It's always upsetting how people will try to disconnect in order to avoid a loss count, i mean if you know you are going to lose just forfeit the match by running.

That besides the point, there has been many times where what seemed like a one sided match ended up with the one at the disadvantage winning, people just need to hold out till the end.

Sitrus

is not sweet.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    None of you know how annoying it is on PBR. It happens all the time.

At least some of them disconnect after I've won.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hence why people tend to avoid random matchup and would prefer to go on forums and challenge people.
    Odds are, someone you agreed to battle with is far less likely to ragequit than some random person on random matchup.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I haven't even gotten into competitive battling yet, but this is what I fear most. Already I can tell how buggy the game is and what the community is like just from trading. Can we talk about how it took me a half hour to trade one pokemon because of the communications being lost? GG Nintendo D:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The part that irks me the most is disconnectors on Wi-Fi. I guess they didn't want a loss record, huh? It can, and will get annoying.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Yes... the practice of disconnecting while you're losing is very annoying and cowardly.

what I think game freak should do is that they should make it so that in the third game so that if you disconnect from a wifi battle, you automatically lose (Someone else mentioned it in here already as well). Sure, it could be very irritating if you disconnect when you didn't mean to, but what are the chances of that? If you have a bad internet connection, you can always go somewhere else with a wifi hotspot...

Back