• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Piece openings?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So I'm currently watching the Enies Lobby arc and my question is, why is there so many different openings?
    Like the first opening of his arc made sense. It showed CP9 fighting the Straw Hats and then both sides confronting each other on the rooftops.
    But then the 2nd opening shows the Straw Hat Pirates running away while wearing military gear and that made no sense with what was going on currently.
    And not too long after that, another opening appeared which is way too long. About 2 minutes and 30 seconds long, sheesh, I'm used to 1:30 long anime openings. And this opening makes no sense either to what is currently happening in the arc. Especially since it shows the Going Merry even though that ship was long gone by now in the arc, and will soon be replaced by Franky's new ship after the arc is over.

They should have kept the first opening for the full arc.

Anyways enough rambling, what are your thoughts on animes that constantly change opening in a single arc?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Stop moaning and get back to enjoying that based CP9 Saga.

I didn't know making a comment meant moaning. :P
    I love the Enies Lobby arc so far, I'm just wondering why the openings switch so often.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • They switch because of music company contracts. Artists use anime series as added advertising for their latest tracks. We're lucky they don't change as often as they do in other sort of shows really, every season in a lot of cases.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
  • Don't really mind animes that do that, I could just look them up on youtube if I really want to see it again. It's always a nice change to see the new openings. Especially One Piece openings, most of them were pretty good.

Jung

Sica please.
    Years
  • Why are openings 3 and 4 such best One Piece openings?

Back when One Piece was super fun.

This so much. One Piece is still super fun, just can't wait till it finishes animating Dressrosa arc. Even if the manga is not quite done with it yet.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Oh my god those bring back some memories. Time for a rewatch, I guess. :'DDD

I like new OPs and am not bothered by them. You could always skip them if you like. :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oh my god those bring back some memories. Time for a rewatch, I guess. :'DDD

I like new OPs and am not bothered by them. You could always skip them if you like. :p

I do skip them after the 1st watch. Inconsistency is just a pet peeve for me lol.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • The 4 kids opening is so great!!

I don't really mind when animes change their openings or even endings as long as they're good!

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
  • I wish they hadn't extended the openings, personally :/ combined with the series and arc summaries they also do, it just pads out every episode exponentially. Every time I watch One Piece I end up skipping the first few minutes as a result.

That said, Fight Together was definitely the best opening in a while. We Go was good but overstayed its welcome, and Hands Up wasn't around for long enough.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Yeah, they try to pad out as much as they can to not catch up to the manga :p I skip the first 5 minutes too generally.

I personally like it when they have new openings for new arcs and stuff. Bit Hands Up came out really late and was replaced too soon.

Back