• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen One-Pokemon Game Advice?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Alrighty, I've been considering trying this for a while, so I'm finally going to. I'm going to try and beat Sapphire with just one pokemon, by hacking the starters, and recording it and putting it on YouTube. Problem is, I don't know which pokemon to use. haha I want to use something that I like, but also something that's strong and will be able to actually let me complete the game with it alone. Here's my list of potential starters(feel free to recommend ones not on this list)

Vulpix
    Cyndaquil
    Bagon
    Taillow
    Swablu
    Murkrow
    Absol
    Larvatar

So any tips on what to use as the starter and/or movesets are welcomed. My current preference is to use Absol, because it's basically my favorite of the group and is a pokemon that's not seen too often. At least in my experience.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Bagon, Absol and Vulpix. Each of which are interesting choices, IMO.

Hrm.
    I reckon I'd most likely like to See a Vulpix run.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what becomes of this :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Thanks. =) Vulpix is another favorite from the list. Any other opinions? I'm quite anxious to get started, actually. lol

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Urm, Okay?

There's something Else I've wanted to see for a long time..

Though the pokemon isn't necessarily strong, or Anything, and I dunno if anyone would be crazy enough to try it?

a Nincada/Ninjask/Shedinja Only Run.

I reckon it'd be interesting to watch.

ONECSM

Beginning Video Hacker
    Years
  • id try cyndiquil since it is a type that normally a starter team has. it will be a fun challenge to get it to a typhlosion instead of a pokemon like absol (sorry since you said its your fav of them) who cant evolve and is kinda boring after a while(experiance) pick whichever you want though.

Back