• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen One-pokemon-only Play Through

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
  • my friends call me noob for doing this but if they challenged me to a battle i know my typholsion would kick some butt

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • Yeah in the original G/S/C if i chose cyndaquil id do a one pokemon run through (except obviously fo HM slaves) to the point where none of my pokemon even made it to level 20 and id have and uber strong typhlosion (and im gonna do it agin once i get the remakes since the cyndaquil evolution chain had some big moveset changes. TYPHLOSION USED ERUPTION! XD) i could sometimes do that if i chose totodile but i dont think is really possible to do that if you choose chikorita, considering its the only one with type weaknesses in johto. neither cyndaquil or totodile will end up with type weaknesses to the main types in the Johto gyms. and cyndaquil has advantages to half of them. But Kanto..... thats a different story for any of them.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Hey guys ... i got through the whole Johto region (i just smashed Lance) with only my starter ... totodile :]

I wanted to ask you if you have ever done such a thing ... did you enjoy the adventure? If you did give your thoughts here :]
    And remember to tell the name of the pokemon you used :P

PS: Of course i had some pokemons for HM moves ... but i never used them unless there was a double battle xD

I used to do that for R/B/Y and then my first go throughs on G/S, but then I wised up and decided I wanted an actual team. I had my starter pokemon, whatever it may have been, and then a bunch of "HM Slaves"

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I never tried. Although it seems a little boring to rush through a game like that I might consider. But I'd just create a nice team in my first runthrough.

Back