• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Punch Man vs Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Years
    I like them both, just curious about what, some of you think?
    One Punch Man vs Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Both are definitive examples of a Manly anime, but One Punch Man wins for saving anime by having the western audience be interested in anime again after being turned off by the dominance of Moe anime and their oversaturated tropes.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
    Whereas One Punch Man seems more comedic and (relatively) down to earth, JoJo lives up to its name of "bizarre" - fierce and fantastical, especially once Stands start coming into play.

JoJo is honestly more my thing, if only because of its own brand of English/American history. Pro tip: this brand of history is nuts and often involves everyone's names referencing music acts.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I have several problems with this line of logic.

Not the least of which is "When the hell was anime in danger?"

If you've been on the internet since the mid-2000s, there have been blogs and videos from anime fan about how anime is going downhill because of the rise of moe anime starring high school girls such as Lucky Star and K-On, the overuse of anime character archetypes, and the overexposure to sexualized scenes. These things have little to no presence in JoJo and OPM.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    If you've been on the internet since the mid-2000s, there have been blogs and videos from anime fan about how anime is going downhill because of the rise of moe anime starring high school girls such as Lucky Star and K-On, the overuse of anime character archetypes, and the overexposure to sexualized scenes. These things have little to no presence in JoJo and OPM.
    Ooooh Pinkie, I worry. I was gonna say a lot but...listen, seriously, experience trumps internet chatter and hearsay. I watched and lived through the rise of moe, I know the effect it had/has on the industry. Some bloggers and youtubers aren't going to change that.

It's far better that you take a look yourself and come to an informed opinion than just regurgitating the ideas that other people of questionable incredulity spout on the web.

Moe hasn't killed anime and OPM isn't the messiah. It and Jojo are actually quite oversexualized, too. And not stuffing yourself with standard tropes doesn't make you revolutionary. If it did, I'd say Agetarou is literally Jesus.

Which it is.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ooooh Pinkie, I worry. I was gonna say a lot but...listen, seriously, experience trumps internet chatter and hearsay. I watched and lived through the rise of moe, I know the effect it had/has on the industry. Some bloggers and youtubers aren't going to change that.

It's far better that you take a look yourself and come to an informed opinion than just regurgitating the ideas that other people of questionable incredulity spout on the web.
    Does that also include Gaijin Goomba? He's had experience with anime he's watched along with Japanese culture. He's made several videos on how he greatly despises Moe anime and compares them to junk food. He's shared his experience on he hated Moe anime on his analysis on the ME!ME!ME! short. He also worries about the oversaturation of them, for it limits the creativity of the industry.

Moe hasn't killed anime and OPM isn't the messiah. It and Jojo are actually quite oversexualized, too. And not stuffing yourself with standard tropes doesn't make you revolutionary. If it did, I'd say Agetarou is literally Jesus.

Which it is.

The only difference is that the oversexualization from JoJo and OPM is mostly on the male characters, which doesn't bother many fans compared to the oversexualization on the female characters, especially the well-written ones.

Back