• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Region or More?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Sevii Island style is fine. Actually, especially Sevii Island style. If there's a relatively in-depth storyline and the actual gameplay is fresh, it's good. Just like the entire East Unova in Black and White. There were the monks to hunt down, new Pokemon to catch. There were plenty of new places to explore.

On the other hand, adding more regions for the sake of more regions is not good. It's boring and - far out, I've already done 8 badges, why do I need another 8!?

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
    Years
    Personally I think that the most that should be put in a game at a time should be two and a half (the half being something similar to the Sevii Islands). One region is good so long as the storyline can keep the player entertained, and the second region needs to be something new. You can do something like a new post-elite four storyline with optional gyms, or like how I'm trying to make my hack, you can end the first region with a major plot twist that leads you into the second region. As for the islands, personally I'm making them optional, full of sidequests for evolution stones, rare and helpful battle items, and a few Legendary Pokemon.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    I tend to think that this is irrelevant, actually.
    If the storyline has content that fits multiple regions, then so be it.
    If there isn't a point to them, then don't have them.
    ... yeah.
    "Oh hey, we have 4 regions"
    "Awesome!"
    - plays game through first region -
    "Wow, this has been pretty cool so far! Let's see what else this game has to offer!"
    - crawls around in other regions -
    "This seems kinda...pointless. Nothing's happening."
    - okayface.jpg -​

Not to mention, I seriously doubt seeing many people complete a hack well enough to have multiple regions.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Having two regions would be fun, but I think no one had done it yet, even those who are very pro at hacking. XD .. It would be a miracle if someone could .. :p

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I don't want to add another reigion per say, but how about a tie travel mechnism so that in esence there are four different areas of the same reigion. (Prehistoric, Medevil, Present, and Future. Is this a good idea or not?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
    I personally would like GAMEFREAK to make a Pokemon Game called Pok'emon Grand Tour, and add a few fanmade ones like Topaz and Corna Region, along with Zheri. With the creators' consent of course.

I don't want to add another reigion per say, but how about a tie travel mechnism so that in esence there are four different areas of the same reigion. (Prehistoric, Medevil, Present, and Future. Is this a good idea or not?
    Very Good Idea!!!

My next Hack of Pok'emon FireRed: Beyblade Battles of Time

Last edited:
    Years
    I think it'd be a good idea if it could be pulled-off well. New music, Pokémon, trainers, culture possibly, etc. That's what separates two regions and an extended region anyway.

Back