• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen One Thing Fire Red and Leaf Green Should have Kept From Ruby and Sapphire

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Message: I know that Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes, and many new things are kept, Such as Johto Pokemon and Berries.

What do you think they should have kept from Ruby and Sapphire that they didnt in Fire Red and Leaf Green? I think they should have kept the Secret Bases, and the Berry Bushes, and Contests. Even though Berries are in Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can't grow them, you have to get them off Pokemon or Find them in the Ground, or get a Pokemon with Pick-Up to find it. The Running shoes are Included in Fire Red and Leaf Green By the Way....But it's just a remake.

Chamo-Me Dizzy

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Message: I know that Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes, and many new things are kept, Such as Johto Pokemon and Berries.

What do you think they should have kept from Ruby and Sapphire that they didnt in Fire Red and Leaf Green? I think they should have kept the Secret Bases, and the Berry Bushes, and Contests. Even though Berries are in Fire Red and Leaf Green, you can't grow them, you have to get them off Pokemon or Find them in the Ground, or get a Pokemon with Pick-Up to find it. The Running shoes are Included in Fire Red and Leaf Green By the Way....But it's just a remake.

Chamo-Me Dizzy
    The most and only valuable things from FRLG are...
    -making even more ubars (Deoxy-F and Deoxy-L) as if there isn't enough
    -move tutors...

Result of the above: an enhanced netbattle =)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I like the TM System, The Berry-Bag, Tv, Map, and some other cool things, but they should have combined it into a super thingy gadget

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • Dizzy said:
    Message: I know that Fire Red and Leaf Green are Remakes, and many new things are kept, Such as Johto Pokemon and Berries.

Chamo-Me Dizzy

:'( theres no secret bases.......thats my absolute favorite thing in r/s. so wat if there remakes, they put the running shoes but no secret base. wat a rip-off. :tired: literaly rip-off since they always 'rip-off' the good stuff from the game.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Mewther said:
    In the original Red and Blue versions there wheren't any contests..
    So why should there be any now??..

There were alot of things in the Old Game that they didnt have, but made it to this game anyways.

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
    Years
  • Preview Revue

So basically from what you guys have said, I think that Pok?mon FR/LG is not a remake OR revamp of the original Pok?mon series, but is actually a hybrid of the original series AND Ruby/Sapphire in more ways than just graphics.

With that being said, it is MY opinion that FR/LG is a TERRIBLE hybrid because it has R/S's TM's, no contests, Johto is uncharted once again, obviously you just have that one crappy little STANDARD bike [since no one has mentioned the MACH BIKE or ACRO BIKE], & there are STILL a big chunk of the G/S/C Pok?mon nowhere to be found !

How do you OFFICIALLY capture all 386 then ?

Ah ha !
    most, if not all, of those G/S/C Pok?mon ARE capturable in Pok?mon Colosseum, & then transferrible to R/S.

Well, I'll just sum-it-up like this:
    Pok?mon Fire Red/ Leaf Green good/Bad Points
    GOOD
    1. Better graphics
    2. Trade ability with Ruby/Sapphire [and possibly Pok?mon Colosseum, but not necessary if you have Ruby or Sapphire]
    3. More adventure to explore. [Mystery Islands]

BAD
    1. Ruby/Sapphire TM's instead of the FIRST SET of TM's.
    2. No breeding.
    3. Nintendo will give everyone besides JAPAN the short-end of the stick by taking Deoxys OUT like they did with Mew, Celebi, & Jirachi OR They'll leave Deoxys in, BUT take Mew out AGAIN & STILL leave you wondering about Celebi.
    WHAT ABOUT CELEBI ! ! !
    4. You'll most likely have to wait until Pok?mon Coloseum 2 to use some of your Pok?mon in 3-D battles because the strategy guide for Pok?mon Colosseum only mentions Pok?mon caught in Pok?mon Colosseum & R/S as usable in Pok?mon Colosseum.
    5. Just send me a private message for the rest because I WILL buy both versions, but I STILL belive that Fire Red/Leaf Green sux !

I just want a new adventure, & it's close enough for me.

YES, I'M VERY BORED.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • -the old set of TMs ARE in the game. Just that they are now move tutors, and not TMs. All the old TMs are bought back such as explosion, substitute and so on.

-there is breeding... it's on one of the islands

-so what about Nintendo... as long as they included them in the game, Netbattle will have them so no lost

-major strategies change, opening new strategies and making even more Pokemon usable ^-^

Years
  • Um, I know nobody will agree with me, but I like the idea of no contests in FR/LG. I do like contests, but only so that my pokemon can be covered in ribbons. It's good that you can only obtain the contest ribbons in R/S, thereby giving more prestige to Pokemon that have been traded from R/S to FR/LG with lots of ribbons. Although, I know very few people actually care about the ribbons.

Same goes for berries. TO be strategical with berries in FR/LG you probably have to grow them in R/S and trade them, thereby making them more valuable to FR/LG players, making item trading more useful. But once again, some people don't care about berries.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 26, 2005
    what's the use of berries in FR/LG anyway? I mean, if there are no contests and all... I never use them for healing paralysis or sleep or whatever... and healing 10 HP? give me a break -.-

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Sponge_Bartjuh said:
    what's the use of berries in FR/LG anyway? I mean, if there are no contests and all... I never use them for healing paralysis or sleep or whatever... and healing 10 HP? give me a break -.-

You could trade them to Ruby and Sapphire, but keep the ones that help status impairments :).

Mewther said:
    Well.. I agree with you Demotruk..

Please don't spam mewther, you could say more then I agree with you.

Years
  • what are you guys talking about net battles?...the wireless adapter? cuz thats not net, with that u can play with people like only a half mile away. lol

Back