• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One thing you wished you were good at

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Getting better at singing would be nice. As a hip-hop artist I'd like to be able to sing on hooks. I can follow a melody decently but it still sounds like **** compared to a good singer. Idk, I may be tweakin but I highly doubt that.

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
    Singing. I really, really wish I was good at singing. I mean I'm okay at it, but not good enough to perform in front of anyone.

I can dance, why can't I sing, dangit? >_<

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    There's nothing I do that I'm not reasonably good at considering the effort put in. The attention span and motivation to spend more time on the more worthwhile of those pursuits would be a good start, but that's a personality trait rather than a learned skill, I suppose.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    Like a bunch of other people, drawing, but specifically drawing freehand. I'm good at pixel art, and I could certainly get better at freehand with the time and motivation, but I haven't had the willpower to do it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    School. It's something I've never really been good at and most of the time if I'm upset, it's because of school. I put in my efforts only to get nothing. So to those that say school is a cakewalk and just takes doing your homework and paying attention and such, good for you that that's all you need to do. It doesn't work for me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Art. Cause I intended to make some field of art or graphics my major and I'm still at an amateur level compared to most college art students. I can barely draw figure, and only from the front. I can't draw a lot of objects very well either. I suck at foreshadowing and perspective and a whole lot of other thing. I still lots to improve on , maybe even take some lessons even before I start drawing classes again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I want to say drawing, but then again, drawing a good picture requires a lot of time & patience, and I really don't have the nerves for that. Even if I was good at drawing, I probably wouldn't finish a single picture.

I wish I was good at playing the piano. I play the guitar, and I love it, but classical music (which I really love) sounds better on a piano.

Eh, maybe one day... remember, being bad at something is the first step to being good some day.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    For me it's also the piano, I play guitar and bass, and sing, but paino is something I really want to do, but I don't like practicing it because it always sounds so bad.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Speaking fluently in foreign languages. I might learn quite a lot, but even I have trouble trying to engage in a conversation mainly due to: Words I've never heard before, and also trying to translate what they said into English quickly, then translating what I'm gonna say from English into their language. Really difficult for me as my thought process is slow.

Years
    I wish I could draw ;-; Whenever I see amazing fan art or art in general I get so jealous. All I could draw are stick figure lmao.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ya know, it seems like the common answers in here are art and/or music. Why is that?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Gosh, so many things. x_x I'm just going to echo:
    Being someone fun to be around.

My second pick would be school, as I am just a really average student no matter how hard I work, I don't really know how to make the jump from average to above standard, I guess. But being around people is more important for me, and I would like to be a fun person and, I dunno, more confident in myself as well.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I wish I could draw. I always wanted to get into animations but not being able to draw ain't really doing me any favors.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm stuck between drawing and singing.

Right now, I'd probably have to go with singing. I can draw decently, as long as I have a few hours to put something together that takes other people a few minutes, but I'm a lousy singer. I just can't get the pitches quite right. I love music, and can play several different instruments very well, but I just can't sing. It's not fair I tell you, not fair!

Back