• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One Winged Angel

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    Ok, your avatar is Snow, so, Final Fantasy fan aswell.
    This means a Sephiroth Tribute?
    It's good.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Considering it seems like the content is similar to your other poem, I'm going to assume the title/last lines aren't a reference to Sephiroth. :P

It seems like your style changes drastically after the second stanza; the first two are very poetically descriptive, while the rest are more narrative of your emotions. I might change a bit in the first two to match the rest, or add stanzas peppered throughout that imitate that style to make it go throughout the poem instead of just in the beginning.

Another suggestion I have is regarding punctuation. I can tell you were trying to mix it up a bit, but you still stuck to the commas when you didn't want anything else. There's only one period, which means this entire poem is considered one large sentence. There are many points that I could see a period fitting in, to make the poem's punctuation flow better.

I like the way you related the poem's title to the poem itself though. It's always best if the title is understandably connected but without being repeated multiple times in the poem; it gives the title much more opportunity for analysis that way.

Minor grammar nitpicks:
    -Line 2: Teasingly can either describe an adjective or an adverb, so you should either change that to "teasing" or add an adjective probably, such as "your teasingly charming body and mind".
    -Line 15: Emotionally
    -Line 16: "Strike me to dead" should be "strike me dead" I believe.
    -Line 18: Cuttened isn't a word. I think you mean "cut" (past tense of cut), but that's not very descriptive so you might be looking for another word.

Those are all minor nitpicks though. :)

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    Didn't had a spellcheck progam at the moment when I was writting this. o,o
    Anyways~ I've fixed it up a bid and replaced two words, though.
    I'll take your suggestion into my next piece~
    Thanks for the feedback again. And yes it changed after the first two lines, that was little the point, but see this piece as a first part of my story.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Well, I agree with what Toujours said; your style changes a lot between the stanzas, and the entire poem could be considered a large run-on sentence because of lack of proper punctuation, which is something that you'll probably want to fix. Other than that, I found the poem to have a good flow, and the dividing of emotions that span multiple lines was done well. To me, it seems like an emotion starts, fades, and another starts and the cycle goes on, which is an effective way to tell a story.

Also, Toujours, I find it ironic that you were reprimanding Usul for his punctuation, but you added an extra comma in that exact paragraph :3.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Also, Toujours, I find it ironic that you were reprimanding Usul for his punctuation, but you added an extra comma in that exact paragraph :3.

orz

orz.jpg

Curse you, commas! CUUUUURSE YOUUUUU

Edit: Also, I wasn't trying to reprimand. I didn't mean to come off that way, just trying to give good, complete critique D;

Back