• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Onii-chan

Years
    Whoa-ho! This is something strange... your own Fanfiction moderator... actually posting a story? Amazing isn't it? Since when did I post my last story? Maybe 8 months ago? lol...
    So yeah... this is just a small one shot... not my best work but I just wrote it for just my enjoyment... and hope you guys could enjoy it, too!

Onii-chan
    by Niko

Onii-chan is what she calls me. Really. We?re not related in any way but somehow she just started calling me that back then. She was a sweet and adorable little girl; just a couple of years younger than me. She always lightens up my day. She changed me in a way. She changed me inside? but hardly anyone noticed that. She?s just carefree; never really worried about anything? that?s why I somehow fell in love with her.

Even though she became close to me, she still felt so distant compared to some other friends she has. It?s obvious. She already likes someone else. Of course it?s not me. She loves someone who loves her back in turn. Somehow, I just don?t want to be jealous. And yet in times, I feel it conquering my emotions. To her, I?m just a character in the background? maybe? I?m not sure. All I know is that I?m just a character in her life. Just that spiky haired boy who trained her years back then. Just that silent, nonchalant trainer who occasionally appears out of nowhere. Aloof and not really caring about anything. Just that person who spent time with her? precious time and memories? such little time was enough for her to call me onii-chan. That?s right. I?m just her onii-chan. Maybe. Maybe I?m wrong. I just wanted to know.

~*~*~

You know that sometimes ideal conditions happen even though you know they would never happen. Of course they do happen. Especially that day?the day when my older sister told me that she was in town. Inside I was overjoyed. This could be the chance that I could ask her if I meant something in her life? or if I do have the courage? I could tell her how I feel. I know it?s futile? but somehow, I just felt that I needed to.

My immediate question to my sister was if she was with him. Him?you know. Her boyfriend. The reply was ?yes? and my heart sunk. So much for perfect conditions. But you never know because I didn?t expect to see her in the streets downtown the next day. And what?s amazing is that he?s absent.

She smiled at the sight of me and threw her arms around me, yelling ?Green, onii-chan!?

Perhaps I may be important in her life, considering the fact of her surprising welcome. Despite that, I just smiled and gave a weak hug back to her. A while passed and we were walking along the street. There were so many questions I asked: ?How come he?s not with you? How are you doing? Are you sure you?re fine? How long are you staying??

She just giggled every time I finished a question and answered them with the smile I adored. He?s not with her because he had to visit his family and she was just curious around town. She was doing fine. Of course she was doing fine. She was going to leaving the next day?

I smiled weakly. I hardly see her. And every time she would visit my town, I just wish that she could stay longer. Just maybe a day or two. I don?t know, as long as I see her, I guess it?s fine. Every time she leaves town, I just had a feeling that I won?t be able to see her again. It makes me sad for a while and yet no one notices. I guess everyone would think I?m apathetic or something.

A brief moment of silence prompted her to ask: ?What?s wrong, onii-chan??

Onii-chan. She called me that again. Should I do it? Should I ask her now? Of course I?m something in her life. Why does she call me that in the first place? But? but?

?I?m just wondering?? I began ??if I have any, you know, importance in your life?? I trailed off, feeling slightly embarrassed. The way I asked the question made me feel ashamed inside. It sounded absurd. Why did I think of it in the first place?

She laughed. So sweetly. So serenely. So lovely.

?Green, onii-chan. Why do you think I call you ?onii-chan? in the first place?? she laughed again as if I just told her a joke. ?Oh, Green? you?re so much to me. You?re just like a big brother, that?s why I call you onii-chan!?

Big ? brother?

I didn?t realize that we were walking along the beach now. The sun hasn?t set yet. But almost. The sun?s bright yellow rays intertwined with the orange clouds, reflecting the illusion of the larger sun on the peaceful ocean. The rays were distorted by the ripples of the ocean, so that the reflection looked a lot like orange stairs leading up to the sun. In a way, it reminded me of her. She noticed the sun, too, and we both found ourselves watching it set. It was for a while? a few minutes maybe? It wasn?t long. But I felt really close.

?Yellow, I??

She turned her head and that smile was present. That smile I adored.

??I?ll miss you?and I just wish I could care for you?like a big brother??

Years back then, I never said anything like the words that just passed my mouth. I wouldn?t even think of them. But this girl changed me? so much?

?Oh, Green?? her smile still present ??you?ve always cared for me.?

She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same. Tightly, this time. I felt her close and I felt her warmth and her heart beating. She?s just so close to me and I didn?t want to let go of her. And I wished for that moment to last. And I wondered. If anything could ever be this real forever. If anything could ever be this good again.

I heard her voice: ?Onii-chan?? and for a while, I thought I heard her say something? but I was afraid to say anything. I was just scared, that was all. And part of me didn?t want to believe what I thought I heard. We hugged for a while. But that small amount of time felt so much like forever.

The moment we parted, I just wished for more time to spend with her. To be there for her. To be her comfort. To be the shoulder she?ll need. For her?my little sister.

~Owari

Bluestar Jet

Aqua Destruction...
    Years
    You know, I've always liked this kind of fan fic. Not very many spelling mistakes, although maybe one or two. Rate 9/10

Years
    Thanks for reviewing! Though I'm sure I couldn't find any spelling mistakes... but meh... nobody's perfect. This is just a mediocre fic anyway... and I sure would like some more feedback... you know... one learns from his mistakes. So critique away!

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    I like these kind of fics, too. Some people, if they like a Shipping without many hints (don't get me wrong, I like Yellow+Green), just write stupidly absurd pairings. This fanfic, however, is quite true to reality, and also very rational. You've pretty-much given me an idea for a Wataru and Yellow pairing now. 'Shame this fic's a one shot. But I guess it sort of takes away the emotion if you add more chapters, eh?

Years
    nicoleb said:
    I like these kind of fics, too. Some people, if they like a Shipping without many hints (don't get me wrong, I like Yellow+Green), just write stupidly absurd pairings. This fanfic, however, is quite true to reality, and also very rational. You've pretty-much given me an idea for a Wataru and Yellow pairing now. 'Shame this fic's a one shot. But I guess it sort of takes away the emotion if you add more chapters, eh?
    Ah thanks! It's just that certain ship stories are so unrealistic and that's what I disliked about them... in fact, I used to write such things but I stopped writing those kinds and tried to be reasonable. And yes, one-shots are better because they don't make the story stale. =D

Back