• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Online battles

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    hey im totaly new to this forum :D played red,blue,yellow and gold then last week "snaped" back into pokemon. bought a GBA and Saphire :D

anyways to the question. do you think the WiFi battles in d/p will enable indepentent groups like this one (aka not endorced by Nintendo) to have contests and Major Battling events? i think that has alot of potential.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I certainly hope so...I also hope that we'll be able to share Friend Codes once they're out...

...Actually, the problem with that is not being able to have a prize if it's online & unofficial.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
    I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't care if we had mini-tournaments, but since we don't endorse them, we wouldn't get prizes or anything. I will definently put my friend code on here, because I don'T know anyone who would play Pokemon with me besides my sister.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    Hmmm, playing Pokemon with someone other than my sister? I don't care if there are no prizes, my sister is horrible at Pokemon (sorry Growlithe70) so battling in tournaments using WiFi would be AWESOME!

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    *sry wbout my english..*
    Well, the admins can make a thread when everyone register, inculding their friend code, and then arrange a battles, i prefer double...
    and then they send a PM to the admin with the results (all of them to avoid cheating)
    and then they will publish the results, and make new battles..
    and you can trade throgh WiFi, so some1 may send a rare pokemon with/or a rare item as a reaward
    what d you think?

Saru129

Fire User
    Years
    I think that it would be a good idea for the players who are serious. But they should have a section where people can just go and battle for fun away from people who's only goal is to be competitive. No offense to those who do.

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm just happy I will be able to battle as my friends who own pokemon games hate to battle as I am always stronger.:D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Come to think of it,I am hosting a D/P tournament,the tournament tree will be the sma as the tournament tree in pokemon emerald so if you want to enter you can,there are 16 places open(now 15 because I am joining)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It'd be pretty awesome.

But I don't think Nintendo would involve themselves too much. Just as well anyway.

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
    yea they should have like a room where you can battle for fun and then like a room that rates you. Where as the more wins the higher your rate as in like trainer lvl's.

And tornies would OWN on wifi, a torny in the confort of my home.

Back