• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Online Distribution Of Heracross or Pinsir in the US

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
  • Heracross and Pinsir will be distributed between August 13th and September 17th via an online event and the Heracronite and Pinsirite will be distributed at a Gamestop from August 18th to August 31st.

More information as this becomes available.

Source.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There's a little bit of info here: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Heracross,_Pinsir,_event_distribution_announced_for_US

It seems that is one is going be via serial codes....I really wish they didn't do that.

Only the mega stones will be given via serial code, the pokemon themselves are given out via wifi. What is the deal with all these pokemon being given out that are just totally normal pokemon? No special abilities, moves or secret items, just pokemon you can get in the game normally anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Only the mega stones will be given via serial code, the pokemon themselves are given out via wifi. What is the deal with all these pokemon being given out that are just totally normal pokemon? No special abilities, moves or secret items, just pokemon you can get in the game normally anyway.
    Oh, of course, the part of the distribution that I'd want is serial codes but the part I don't is WiFi....
    *sigh*
    I'm not exactly happy with the state of Gen 6 events so far either. The only good ones so far were the Torchic+Blazikenite one and the Fancy Vivillon one, imo. IDK why they're doing so many ones that aren't WiFi and/or aren't global. And like you said, most of 'em aint that special.

I know that it's still kinda early in X/Y's life, but that excuse grows thinner each day.....

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, the Heracross event means diddly to me. I already have a 6IV in a Level Ball with four Egg Moves. Beat that, Gamefreak! BEAT THAT!

Ahem.

Anyway, yeah, gimme the stone. That's all I want. EB better be getting this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    Where did you hear this??

During the Tanabata Festival will be distributed at the Pokémon Center Tohoku, from 1 to August 31, 2014 this shiny Jirachi. Is L.10 and knows the move Lunar Force that can not learn normally.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    During the Tanabata Festival will be distributed at the Pokémon Center Tohoku, from 1 to August 31, 2014 this shiny Jirachi. Is L.10 and knows the move Lunar Force that can not learn normally.
    That must be a new move. It's not on Bulbapedia yet.

And FTR, I want this Jirachi.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You have to go back a bit on the BulbaNews thing to find it. The article was put up on July 11th, it seems.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Jirachi_to_be_distributed_in_Japan_throughout_August

Apparently the Jirachi is gonna come with the moves Wish, Swift, Healing Wish, and Moonblast.
    Who cares? It's a SHINY JIRACHI.

Granted, the image used on the news bit perhaps should have been something like this instead:

385.png

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, they should've used that image instead.

Too bad its only going to be distributed at one Pokemon Center in Japan....

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, they should've used that image instead.

Too bad its only going to be distributed at one Pokemon Center in Japan....
    Don't worry, it will be cloned and offered for a king's ransom everywhere. If I ever get my hands on it, I swear I'm going to clone and Wonder Trade a few of them just to see people post reactions (I hope). Maybe I'll keep a few for random passers-by claiming to want Jirachi.

Also, I suggested the image to SnorlaxMonster.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Unless these promotions have max IVs in every stat, I don't really see what's so special about it (if they weren't shiny, which admittedly would be interesting). Not to mention you can get the other exclusive in Friend Safaris, so it's not very exciting at all (to me, anyway).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I'm on the same boat as Stargazer here. Plus, I already have both of these Pokémon, with one being shiny (Heracross). What I'm more excited about is Jirachi; have been waiting to get a hold of it for ages, haha. Did have one in Platinum, but forgot to transfer before trading the game in, sadly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Unless these promotions have max IVs in every stat, I don't really see what's so special about it (if they weren't shiny, which admittedly would be interesting). Not to mention you can get the other exclusive in Friend Safaris, so it's not very exciting at all (to me, anyway).

Yeah, I'm on the same boat as Stargazer here. Plus, I already have both of these Pokémon, with one being shiny (Heracross). What I'm more excited about is Jirachi; have been waiting to get a hold of it for ages, haha. Did have one in Platinum, but forgot to transfer before trading the game in, sadly.

This event is actually a good thing because Pinsir and Pinsirite are exclusive to X, while Heracross and Heracronite are exclusive to Y. This event flips it so that X players get Heracross and Heracronite, while Y players get Pinsir and Pinsirite. This is so that people won't waste time asking people to trade for their version-exlusive Mega Stones.

But my only gripe about this event is why don't Heracross and Pinsir have Rock Blast and Quick Attack, respectively? I know they're egg moves and all, but those moves are crucial to them. Ah, well; that's what breeding is for.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Don't worry, it will be cloned and offered for a king's ransom everywhere. If I ever get my hands on it, I swear I'm going to clone and Wonder Trade a few of them just to see people post reactions (I hope). Maybe I'll keep a few for random passers-by claiming to want Jirachi.

Also, I suggested the image to SnorlaxMonster.

I think it's ridiculous that it's only being offered in one store in only one region. They really could have used this opportunity to distribute the Jirachi everywhere and educated people about the holiday that inspired the Pokemon, but nope! Not even everyone who celebrates the holiday gets the Pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Good news.

I probably shouldn't say this too loud. I'll start getting endless requests. So I'll say it quietly.

Spoiler:

Quiet enough? ;)

But seriously, I have limited friend room, I can't add everyone for that. But I will definitely be cloning and sharing it. Heck, I received and cloned it a dozen times, sending 11 total back, before I could keep mine. {XD}

Back