• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Online is horrible!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    I've spent an hour just trying to find someone to battle and every declines, whats the point of being online if you wont play online. I just want some friends for friend safari dang it! Only battle I've had in this past hour was a full team of darkrai that rage quit when i swept his team.

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
  • That's because people are always in the middle of a trade or battle. I hope GF allows you to reconnect with the person who wanted to trade or battle with you. If you want battles, just Check someone who wants to battle

Years
  • Just because some people are online that doesn't mean they're available for battles/trades. A lot of people decline my requests but I've declined many requests too. If you want to battle you can always go here https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305545 or on the Battle Spot. (But Free Battles are 3v3) :) I actually enjoy Battle Spot cause the battles are short and fun.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    A lot of people are just too preoccupied with breeding, raising or clearing the game and/or Pokedex.

A little trick to getting more battles with people on either your Friends/Acquaintances list is to just select Battle from the menu and wait for someone to pick up on your challenge. It works for me, though I do get the occasional battler that won't ever let me battle anyone else >.>

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd suggest posting in here or here. Battle Spot is also something you'll wanna take a look at.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    A lot of people are just too preoccupied with breeding, raising or clearing the game and/or Pokedex.
    This. I often have nothing but a Fly user (currently a Flame Body Fletchinder) and, sometimes, a friendliness evolver walking around with me, and the other slots are reserved for Eggs. As my Eggs slots fill up, I periodically head into the daycare and drop the earliest ones in the PC in order, then when I have a full box, I head to Centrico Plaza to hatch them. I then fly to Kiloude and visit the rater. After Wonder Trades, I occasionally get a follow-up trade request (I trade good stuff, sometimes people want more), but I sometimes get a battle request. I just carry on with what I'm doing and it cancels itself.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    If I'm online, I'm usually there for trading or to register people as being online for Safari purposes. I'm not a battler, I don't raise competitive Pokemon, so for me, online battling's not really fun - I decline most people. I've thought about turning off requests for Passerbys and Acquaintances, but I've had fun trading with strangers and stuff so I'm hesitant to do that.

Most annoying to me was that my profile said for a long time "No battles plz" and I still got tons of battle requests! I ended up changing it because it apparently did nothing.

Editing to add that if you're looking for Friend Safaris, you should check around this forum or on Reddit. It's a good way to find the types you're looking for!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I am always looking for a good battle. Sadly, all I get spammed is with trade requests. PM me if you want to add me as friends so we can get our battle on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually don't have much trouble trying to find battles online; whenever I get into wi-fi and search, I run into one instantaneously, almost. I suppose I'm just lucky, haha. Trading is even more easier to get done.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I usually don't have much trouble trying to find battles online; whenever I get into wi-fi and search, I run into one instantaneously, almost. I suppose I'm just lucky, haha. Trading is even more easier to get done.
    Wonder Trade is either the best thing on the planet or a "why the hell would I give you something nice this way" pithole.

I choose to look at it as "I'm breeding anyway, some of you will have nice things for me, and some of you are just starting your games anyway and don't have much, so this will help".

We'll hope there aren't people constantly taking advantage of the great stuff coming through by routinely catching Pidgey on Route 2 and doing nothing else until they WT in a good team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Don't feel bad, I get declined for battles all the time (I also turn down everyone who tries to trade with me)

I don't have anything of value to trade but feel free to add me if you're lookin for a battle.

Years
  • I'm always looking for a battle online while I'm not breeding but most people only want to trade. When I do find a battle, most of the time it's against an army of legendaries or a bad player. I'll run into a competitive player every now and then..

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I stay online because I want people to get me O-Powers lol! I don't battle. Ever. People try, and I reject. I reject random trades, too, and have it set so only friends can send me requests.

I also like seeing who's online so I can give them O-Powers and send them "Bravos."

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I Never Trade without setting up the terms on PokeCommunity.

I do most my battles on Battle Spot. I love 3v3 singles, 4v4 Doubles.

I battle people using my Battle Box if asked, which has a selection of awesome pokemon.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • Most people don't want to be bothered whilst they're hunting for shinies or breeding Pokémon or scamming people. However, don't worry about it, The PokéCommunity is a community filled with people willing to battle you and become your friend! :)

Years
  • Well, the first thing I did after getting X was going online... So obviously, I rejected every battle offer, my party consisting of level 20 braixen and pidgeotto. Actually it really bothered me because every time I was online people would send me battle requests and my team was so underpowered I knew I would stand no chance had I accepted. I just beat the champion today so maybe I'll start battling now.

Years
  • I have only got 1 battle request ever, and I declined it, LOL. Then when I wanted to battle, I put my message up as "Let's Battle" and no one ever challenged me. I like Wondertrade and the GTS the most, but unless you meet people on here, online isn't that fun :P

Back