• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online Maker's Recolor Tutorial

Did this help you

• Helped alot thanks

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Helped a little

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Not at all helpful

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Absolute rubbish

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Recolor Tutorial​
    Well first of let me say I think that this place needs more tutorials so I'm going to make a series of them. My first is a recolor tutorial.

In this tutorial you will need:

MS Paint – I just prefer to use MS Paint because it's so easy yet can make some brilliant sprites.

A Pokémon Sprite – Any will do I'm going to use a Ariados

Here are all the tools on MS Paint and what they do. I will also show you what ones you are going to use.

The tools we are going to use are the Pick Color and Eraser.

Step One

Get your sprite on MS Paint and zoom so that it is comfortable, for me it is X8 as it's quite a small sprite.

Step Two

Now we are going to make a pallet to recolor this pokémon with. Now go to Wikipedia and search a color which you think will go on your pokémon well. So I'm going to pick green.

Now copy that pallet and paste it on MS Paint, but shrink it to fit on the page.

Step Three

Color Pick the light, medium, dark and outline colors and match them with colors from your pallet which you got from Wikipedia.

Step Four

Pick Color your light Wikipedia color choice with a right click and Color Pick your Pokémon's light color with a left click. You should now have a result looking like this

Step Five

Now do that same technique until you have a finished product.

Well I hope this helped people easily recolor pokémon. Post your recolor's here to show them off. Comments will be appreciated and sorry if this tutorial is not very clear but I tried my best if you have any way of improving this then those comments will also be available.

Thanks - Luke

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Recolors can look nice but they aren't difficult enough to need a tutorial. The only part that requires effort is the pallet. It's a nice idea but it's not necessary.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Personaly i think its necessary to help newcomers to creating these and if it helps the odd person there is a necessityfor it. Thats what a tutorial does it helps people.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeah this isn't a tutorial... Well actually it is its a tutorial on how to set up your palette for recoloring pokemon not actually a tutorial for recoloring...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    all done on paint right? i might aswell try that thanks

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    You do know that there are far more shades of each color than those shone on Wikipedia, do you not?

And I agree, this tutorial doesn't really belong in this section. :\

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Also, don't use pallets from wiki'
    Make you own, or rip them from other Pokémon

Back