• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online Pictionary! (skribbl.io edition)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    PC GT 2020: Online Pictionary (skribbl.io edition)

latest

Hi everyone, welcome to Pokecommunity's GT-2020 Pictionary event! This year, Pictionary will be held online using the website skribbl.io. What is Pictionary, you might ask? Pictionary is a game where each round - one person is the artist who is given a prompt that they must draw. The other players will then have to guess what the artist is drawing.

As we are a Pokemon forum, all the drawing prompts will be Pokemon themed! Remember that you don't need any artistic ability to participate as this will be a casual event to just have fun drawing and guessing with other PC members. Generally, we will try to hold multiple games in a day so that people of all different timezones can participate.

Rules

• Each round lasts 60 seconds and per game, there will generally be 10 rounds.

• When you're the artist: You will have three Pokemon-related prompts appear on your screen. Of these three, choose the one you want to draw and have other people guess what it is. Remember that you have a limited time to choose which prompt to draw or the game may automatically allocate you one.

- Once you have chosen your word by clicking on it, you can now begin drawing the word for the other players to guess and you have 60 seconds to draw the prompt to the best of your ability.

- You can draw using a trackpad, mouse or even a tablet if you wish - choose your preferred mode of drawing and go for it! Feel free to add colour to your drawing as needed.

For example, here I am given three Pokemon prompts to choose from:
      Spoiler:

So now I am going to draw Arcanine (really badly) for everyone else to guess - remembering that I have 60 seconds to draw (keep an eye out on the timer on the top left hand corner of the screen.)
      Spoiler:

- Remember the artist also gets points for their drawing - the more people who guess your drawing, the more points you get!

• When you're the guesser:

- You will be able to see the artist creating their drawing in real-time. You will have 60 seconds to guess what the artist is drawing - if you think you know what the artist is drawing, type the answer in the chat.

- The game will inform you if you are correct - otherwise, keep guessing and try to figure it out before the time runs out!

- Any guesses which are not close to the answer or the answer itself will be visible for other players in the chat so keep that in mind.

- Try to be fast with your guess - you will get more points depending on how little time has elapsed since the artist started drawing and you also get more points depending on how fast you guess relative to other players (e.g. player who guesses 1st gets the most points, player who guesses 2nd gets the 2nd most points for that round and so forth…)

- Need a hint? Look above the drawing - similar to hangman, the no. of letters the answer is will be shown and as the timer begins to run out - the game helps you by filling in some of the letters as seen here:
      Spoiler:

- The next round will begin once either all the guessers of the round have typed in the correct answer OR the 60 second time limit runs out. A new round will start and a new artist will be chosen but the process otherwise repeats itself where everyone will continue trying to guess what the drawing is.

- If needed, you can also votekick the current artist who is drawing for the round. Please use your discretion - only do so if the artist is inactive, drawing explicit / inappropriate content or is otherwise disrupting the game for other people. For a votekick to be successful, a majority of people need to click on the 'votekick' option.

How do I join a game?
    • Make sure to keep an eye out on this thread - a post will be made before a game starts as a heads up and a reminder will also be made on the Pokecommunity Discord.

• In the post, an invite link to the game will be posted. When you first open it, you will be able to customise your in-game avatar and pick your in-game display name - click the arrows to change your avatar's appearance or the die to randomly generate one.

• Once you are happy, click the "Play!" button to join the game lobby. If you are in the game lobby, you should see a screen like this with all the other players who are waiting for the game to start.
      Spoiler:

• The host is the only one who has the ability to begin the game so once you are in the lobby, sit tight and keep an eye out for when the game begins.

• If you are interested in participating, please fill out the following form and post it in this thread:

Forum username:
      Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?):
      Team:

Timezone: (to help figure out when to run games)

• For each game of skribbl.io held, the winner (the person with the most points at the end of each game) will get 50 points allocated to their get-together team!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Forum username: Eleanor
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Eleanor
    Team: Armor Abode!
    Timezone: Central Europe (Rome / Berlin / Paris etc.)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • i've missed GT isketch <3 / skribbl.io.

Forum username: Skip Class
    Skribbl.io handle: zappyspiker
    Team: Tundra Town
    Timezone: New Zealand (GMT+12)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Forum username: Candy
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Candy
    Team: Armor Abode
    Timezone: WIB (UTC+7)

It's been a while hurr

Years
  • Forum username: gimmepie
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): gimmepie
    Team: Armour Abode
    Timezone: GMT +8

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Forum username: Hyzenthlay
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Annie
    Timezone: GMT +8

Where will the Discord updates be? ^^

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
  • Forum username: Zephdo
    Skribbl.io handle : Zephdo
    Timezone: GMT +8 (Philippine Standard Time)

Years
  • Forum username: Tsutarja
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Zach
    Timezone: GMT-4 (Eastern Daylight)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Forum username: Cubism
    Skribbl.io handle: Cube
    Timezone: GMT-4

Years
    • Seen today
    Forum username: 5qwerty
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): 5qwerty
    Timezone: Gmt - 4

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi everyone! Will be looking to get Pictionary under way on Sunday so 2 days from now technically (Saturday for America / Europe). I am thinking of hosting games at 10am (GMT + 10) and 10pm (GMT + 10) each day for now but will adjust as needed based on if these times will work for people or not. Games will run for about an hour! I will also look into seeing if there are some other people who can help with America / Europe timezones so there are more times - I will do my best to accomodate but I can not be up in the early hours of the day unfortunately. Will let you guys know in the thread if I can work out some other times to host - may be around to host @ 6am (GMT + 10) depending on the day!

Where will the Discord updates be? ^^

I'll be posting in #gt-general and give a ping about 15 - 20 minute before a game begins!

Royxee

Eating Poképuffs on the Edge of Cerulean City
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Forum username: Royxee
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Royxee
    Timezone: GMT + 4

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Forum username: Fafrir
    Skribbl.io handle (what name will you be using in-game?): Fafrir
    Timezone: Saskatchewan (GMT -6)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi everyone!

Pictionary will be starting in about 15 minutes so feel free to hop onto the game (we will begin on the hour but I may wait around for an extra 5 - 10 minutes depending on how many people turn up). Click this link to access the room: https://skribbl.io/?rwaxPYLBJWxF. We will be playing for about an hour or so :)

Let me know if there are any issues accessing the room - either on this thread or feel free to PM me on Discord (Sophie#7335). Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi again everyone! We will be having our second game for today in about 10 minutes - due to the shorter notice, I will be waiting till 5 past the hour to start. Remember that you can always join mid-game using the same invite link so feel free to come on down as we will be playing for the next hour :) As always, feel free to ask me any questions on Discord beforehand: https://skribbl.io/?lSq9lMAx7fEQ

Cid

Years
  • Forum username: Cid
    Skribbl.io handle: Cid
    Timezone: GMT+8

Not sure if I'll be able to participate in the current one since I'm eating dinner. Might catch the tail end of it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hihi - day 2 of Pictionary is here, with our first game of the day starting in about 15 minutes (again may wait an extra 5 minutes - keep an eye out!) As always feel free to join in mid-game using the same link - click here to access the room: https://skribbl.io/?zBQA6rLni9pM. See you all there!

Back