• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online shopping

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Online shopping, the future of shopping. Do you do prefer buying things online rather than go to the stores to make your purchases? If you do, why? And what do you usually buy? If not, what's keeping you from doing so?

Additional questions to consider:
    - What is your opinion on online shopping?
    - Do you see online shopping as efficient and beneficial?
    - More for the better or for the worse?

Also, add in anything relevant!

Discuss!

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It depends what I'm buying really. I like buying clothes in store for example. I might look at them online to get an idea of what I want, but I like being able to try them on and look in the mirror, as well as checking if it fits. However, I'd buy something like a game online. It's so much easier to buy something standard like a game online, it's just a lot quicker and hassle free.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I find online shopping way too tempting :X I try not to, and normally go to the shops instead. Less likely to spend a fortune.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I usually only bother for books or Pokemon stuff. Occasionally video games, if I can find them cheap enough.
    Otherwise...eh.

I really don't have an opinion on it. I do know, however, that people lie to you on Amazon about the quality of books. I:

Savant

Natural Born Breeder
    Years
  • Online shopping is really convenient and most people say you can find things a lot cheaper. While it is true, shipping plays a big role in the cost. And since I live in a tiny corner of the world shipping here costs just as much as whatever I'm buying so I usually just go to the local stores and buy whatever.

Sirfetch’d

I have been online shopping a lot more recently as I just find it easier. I know that there are risks that come with it, but overall it is my preferred method of shopping~!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i've done online shopping before. i think it's very convenient and sometimes stuff just happens to be cheaper online then in the stores.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think online shopping is incredibly convenient for people looking to buy furniture from, say, Ikea, if they don't have one nearby. But I think that it's a better alternative than a go-to resource. I think its better to go to the store first-hand and see what you're considering purchasing.

I also think that online shopping is a bit disastrous for people who can't really manage their money, because its very easy to blow all of your funds if you don't have the self-control to resist the temptation to buy all the things. Not a big deal for people who don't need to manage their savings, but something that everyone should at least try to do.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love online shopping. Shopping malls are very far away from where we live, so it saves us a lot of time to just order things online and have them delivered right to our front door. The only thing I don't like about online shopping is that you can't try out your clothes when you shop for them. You won't be able to tell how they look on you, exactly, until they arrive at your house and you put them on. It's also quite a hassle to return your items, but that happens very rarely.

My favorite online store is Walmart for everything clothes-related. If I'm shopping for games or electronics, then I usually visit BestBuy.com. n__n

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I only shop online when I can't find them anywhere else. For example, I'm planning on getting a Pikachu 3DS, but I can't find it anywhere else besides the. net. So I have to resort on getting it online. I prefer buying stuffs in stores but if it needs be, I'll do it online.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I do know, however, that people lie to you on Amazon about the quality of books. I:

That includes the date of arrival. I needed a book for one of my projects and I didn't even get it until I finished the project -.-

I love online shopping, oh my god. I can get everything so much cheaper than I could in person. I got my 3DS for a great bargain (although the shipper failed to mention some scratches on the cover and screen, but it doesn't hurt much), and certain items can arrive really fast even without expedited shipping. For stuff like food and clothes though, I'd probably just go to the store for those. You can't try out clothes online :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • 70% of my purchases are online. My main reason is that many of the items I want I can't find in any stores, even asking store employee don't help much either [they say stuff like not available, out of stock, or that they don't have the specific I want].

The only thing I hate about online shopping is the wait time - waiting for the item to arrive, as oppose to buying them from the store and I get them the same day.

Do you do prefer buying things online rather than go to the stores to make your purchases? If you do, why? - Main reason is that when I want a specific model/brand sometimes the stores won't have them. I prefer to buy online since its easy, convenient, and don't have to waste gas going to the store.

And what do you usually buy? If not, what's keeping you from doing so? - main items are Music t-shirts, Pokemon merchandise, sports merchandise,

Additional questions to consider:
    - What is your opinion on online shopping? - easy, convenient, fast, and I can still be lazy [shop in my room without having to walk all over the store]

- Do you see online shopping as efficient and beneficial? - sort off, wait time is the worst part

- More for the better or for the worse? - I say about equal.

Years
  • The only reason I would see myself shopping online is if I find something that is either available only on the internet or if it's cheaper online than at the store. Otherwise, if I can pick something up at the store for the same price online, I would do that.

Ayselipera

I think online shopping is great when you know the product you're looking for fairly well. Which would mean you don't have to examine it much in person to know that you're getting exactly what you want. Typically the trickiest things to buy online are clothes since you can't try them on. I tend to buy clothes from the same online sites all the time so I know the sizing well enough to know if it's going to fit or not. Even so, sometimes you get something that just doesn't look the same as it did online andddd that's happened to me a good amount.

Personally I think it's really convenient. Especially when you're either trying to save a few dollars or you can't find the exact item anywhere or you just really don't want to go to the store. It has its cons though, but I think it's evenly matched enough with buying in stores that it's worth try.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Love it! Love everything about it! Shopping in pajamas? Hell yeah! Shopping in bed on a rainy day? Double hell yeah! Saving big wads of cash online? MUTHA@#$%&®¶ HELL YEAH!

tumblr_mbpm859Qqs1qcsvpyo1_500.gif

Bottom line: If you're responsible with your money and a conscientious consumer, you're good to go. If not...

Online-Shopping.gif

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Not really. I like to buy things at stores because I can get them faster.
    I've bought a few video games online from amazon but that's about it.
    Only other time I've shopped online was to buy new rank insignias, a new beret and uniforms online at the offical PX website, since the only PX I know of in Missouri is over 100 miles from where I live. I would buy em off amazon too, but all the uniforms on that site look like cheap knock-off airsoft wannabe crap.

Years
  • Nothing beats going around streets from one shop to another, surrounded by sounds, smells, sights and so on :P
    However in saying that, online shopping is useful for some books and games.

- Do you see online shopping as efficient and beneficial?
    There is a lack of atmosphere and ambiance in buying online. You could buy the slickest suit online using a computer in a dark corner of a basement. But when you physically go out to a shop, you visit a place where an effort is made to make the place look dignified and satisfying. There's conversation, music and interaction all around. You get the opportunity to see, judge, touch, smell (if you want..?) the item you seek to purchase rather than click "add to cart" despite seeing merely an image and a boxed description of the item.

All in all I find online shopping useful but I prefer going out shopping instead.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Even though I do live in the middle of nowhere, nowhere near any stores, I do still think that driving the half-hour round trip to wherever the hell I want to go and paying the extra money for retail price and gas is much better than clicking a button and waiting a few days for something to arrive. Waiting for packages drives me crazy.

Back