• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online shopping

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • I find it way too tempting. It's a good thing I don't have a credit card, cause I'd probably go broke really fast with the wide selection of goods. xD

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Depends entirely on how intensely my want for the item is. If I want it badly enough then I'll track it down in a store, but in most cases I'm content ordering online and waiting for it to arrive. There aren't many things that I want in stores around here, to be honest. Sometimes I'd like to buy a long-forgotten movie or a specific toy for myself or my daughter and the internet's got my back.

Years
  • lol. The number one thing I always spend my allowance and other money on is always old video games and guide books so I can only get them onlineXD

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I buy things online that are a bit hard to find in stores from places like Amazon, occasionally I buy games/Pokemon merchandise online. I hate shopping in stores. It's easier to buy things online, though Im careful not too buy too many things.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I buy a few things online, I find it convenient that I can just purchase what I want from home and expect it the day after. I barely have time to go out to shop besides I dislike being out there in all that rush!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I love online shopping so much *o*

The only thing that bugs me are the shipping prices but I can usually find some really good deals online. I spend a little too much time going through my Amazon wish lists to see if anything's come down in price enough for me to buy.

Plus I love waiting for the mail to come with my package! It's fun when you order multiple things at once and waiting to see which comes first.

Years
  • I only online shop on Amazon, no where else. I love Amazon. I prefer to go into a store and buy things though. I use Amazon for stuff that I can't really find anywhere near me. So im not really a huge fan of online shopping. I think it's pretty cool and convenient though.

Years
  • I rarely buy anything online, since most of what I want I could easily get from a physical location, and then I wouldn't have to deal with shipping charges, either. The only time that I have bought anything online though was a couple of shirts which I couldn't find anywhere else. Shipping out of country costs a pretty penny though (and takes forever), which is the other main reason I stay away from it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • As much as this is going to make me seem like a complete Luddite, I really like the immediacy of physically going into a shop and buying something. Even though brick-and-mortar shops are, unfortunately, dying by the day due to those pesky overheads resulting in more expensive goods than online shops, I really like having a look and browsing and seeing what takes my fancy before parting with my hard-earned cash. If I can be bothered to wait, then I'll normally go online due to the significant cost savings; if I can't wait, then I'll just go out and buy it immediately.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • The only online buying I do is for materials for cosplay (because really.. I am not going to go to a different city to try and find glow in the dark nailpolish, or other weird materials..) If I need something with delivery (cases of beer too heavy for me to carry home by myself), if there's a deal and I know the products I'm getting (15 off on products from the body shop, for example), or if I can get free shipping and hassle-free returns (like on Asos products.. and I have free next-day delivery with them!)
    Or gifts for others I can't find anywhere else, really.
    :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I prefer going out to the shops and browsing the shelves and having the whole shopping experience. The only reason I do online shopping is to buy things that I can no longer buy in stores.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have no means of transportation, so if I want something I'll buy it online. It comes in handy with preorders and stuff you just don't know where to find.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just go for what's cheaper. If it's online, then online. If it's offline, well, so be it. I don't really enjoy shopping at all so. I'd only reject buying clothes and food online since I'd rather check those by myself. Otehriwse, a book preview in Amazon is as good as any shop would offer, and the search service is much more efficient!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Most of the things I'm buying nowadays (Christmas gifts, new releases, or textbooks) are from online. I find them so much cheaper and very convenient than having to drive to the nearest shopping center which for me is really far and it's such a gas waster. I would "click and buy", pay the $5.00 shipping fee and wait a wait to obtain my item. I'm pretty patient, I can also be lucky that some items do come within three days and that's better. xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • To the irony that I created this thread, I don't shop online, but prefer to buy everything from the stores. I for one thing am not an avid shopper, and for another, prefer walking around the malls, window shopping and occasionally buying things I need. It provides good exercise and also is quite calming for me in a way to just leisurely walk around. Only in situations where I really, really want a specific limited edition item or an item with a timed promotion would I turn to online shopping.

Brizz

TM87
    Years
  • The main online shopping that I do is for clothing, particularly shirts and even some shoes here and there. There's such a huge selection online as opposed to going to the mall or what have you, especially clothes shopping. I also buy other miscellaneous items online if it's something that I likely couldn't buy in your everyday department store.

Back