• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Oo Freaky GTS Encounter

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
  • Ok, so when I first got D/P about a week after, I put a Starly up for trade (the only one I ever did...) and got something in return, anyways, yesterday, I went on the GTS and was searching for a staraptor, as I still needed the Caught Dex info.

I found one, and immediately traded for it...

When looking at it's stats, I was amazed to see:

OT: Myzou

And all the other stats, including caught in the route above twinleaf and such.

Has anyone else ever had a coincidence like this?

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
  • Ok, so when I first got D/P about a week after, I put a Starly up for trade (the only one I ever did...) and got something in return, anyways, yesterday, I went on the GTS and was searching for a staraptor, as I still needed the Caught Dex info.

I found one, and immediately traded for it...

When looking at it's stats, I was amazed to see:

OT: Myzou

And all the other stats, including caught in the route above twinleaf and such.

Has anyone else ever had a coincidence like this?

Is that your own staraptor?

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
  • Yes... considering it was my OT name, my ID number, where I caught it, etc ;)

lol, wow, that's just..............freaky
    i had an experience like this once.

"I was searching for a Kingdra, when i ran into a Shiny one, after finding out that it was hacked after i recieved it, i put it back onto the GTS, 2 days later i was looking for another Kingdra, and i ran into a shiny one again, now i thought that the odds of finding 2 hacked kingdras were pretty rare, so i traded for him, and i found out that this was the exact same Kingdra that i got a couple of days earlier"

i was so annoyed

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
  • Yup thats what happened.....I'm very surprised that it happened....>_>

Chances are like...1 in a million? Lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    Wow, that's cool. Maybe trading is only done within a region, despite 'global'? Otherwise that's pretty damn unlikely, and thus interesting :)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • WOW, that's insane...

What are the odds, it's freaky all right

Its never happened to me but I hhope one day it does, as Im looking for my wailord someone "stole" from me in trade/backs and hopefully Ill maybe be able to get it on GTS one day...

Well that's interesting...

Years
  • Wow, the odds for that happening must be incredibly high.

That's just awesome though. At least you know it's definitely not hacked.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
  • I got a pokemon off the GTS once, then I found this person on a chatroom... that was her pokemon XD we went to do the trade thing instead, and everything checked out.

Back