• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Pinnacle of the Final Frontier

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
  • Good post, Almondeyes. I like Scizor's personality.

Okay, it seems that I can open up sign ups again, since not all of the roleplayers posted. Expect new missions tomorrow!

And during these new missions, you'll start to earn BP.

EDIT: NEW MISSIONS!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Name:Chris Kain

Appearance: Chris is about 1,4 meters, he has short, gray hair that goes until his ear and some parts of his forehead. He usually wears a Red jacket that he never fully closes, a black shirt, gray jeans, a pair of gray shoes and a white bandana.
    When in battle he can sometimes be seen wearing a black and white colored necklace tied around his right hand.

Personality: Chris is a kind person but tends to be rude and annoying at times. He also has a personality that makes him laugh when he needs to be serious about something important to him or to others. When in battle, his personality changes into a serious sort of person that looks at a lot of possibilities and picks the one with the best outcome.
    Most of the time he is confident about most things, but when he is faced with an important decision he is unconfident and hesitant about the choices he makes.
    He likes people that isn't to serious and a bit laid back.

History: Chris was born in Fallarbor town near the Meteor Falls. He lived there with his father since his mother passed away when he was 5. One day when he was 7, his dad took him to the Meteor Falls where he caught Chris a young Bagon. Ever since that Bagon and Chris were close friends. When he was 10 he decided to go and start his journey to defeat the gyms and the elite 4. He and Bagon went to challenge the gyms and trained hard to do so, he also picked up a few friends along the way. One day on his travels after beating the gyms and the elite 4, he came across a person that asked to battle him, he lost and the person offered Chris to train in a secret, remote place. Chris thought shortly about it and decided to accept

Others: Chris has a terrible fear of dogs

Pokemon:

Species: Salamence

Nickname:Dreams

Appearance: He looks like an average salamence except for the fact that he has two fangs going out of his mouth and a scar on both his wings. His wings are also slightly darker than usual salamence

Personality: Dreams is a jolly sort of pokemon that fully suits Chirs' personality. Though he gets irritated when someone says that dreams are worthless. Dreams doesn't gets along with pokemon that are too proud. He is also very optimistic. Dreams has never disobeyed Chris and is loyal to his trainer.

History: Dreams was caught by Chris' father when he was 7. When Chris left for his journey he brought Dreams along with him and thus became his first pokemon in the pokemon league. Dreams evolved rather quickly as a result of vigorous training and head-banging. They made a good team and swept through every trainer, gym, elite 4 and obstacle that was in their way. He was one of Chris' most powerful pokemon in his team and also one of his bulkiest. As a result, Dreams was often Chris' trump card.

Moveset: Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Dragon claw, Draco Meteor

Species: Samurott

Nickname: Gerlude

Appearance: Gerlude's moustache is black and his shells are a bit more reddish than the regular samurott's. He also has a longer front horn.

Personality: Gerlude is a proud pokemon, but he is not too proud and knows his limits. He is a bit rash at times and would charge into battle without a strategy. When facing a larger adversary he stays calm and collected. He doesn't seem to get along with pessimistic pokemon. Gerlude looks serious but is actually very playful.

History: Gerlude ended up in Chris' possession because his trainer wanted to trade him for a rufflet when he was still an oshawott. Chris happened to caught a baby rufflet and traded the rufflet for Gerlude. Since then, he has been a valuable addition to Chris' team as transportation on water or in battle. He has disobeyed Chris many times and even sometimes hit Chris with his shell. But after Chris got his eighth badge, he never disobeyed him and has since then been one of the most powerful member of Chris' team.

Moveset: Aqua Tail, Razor Shell, Brine, Rain Dance

Other: Gerlude is of Dreams' best of friends in Chris' Team

Species: Persian

Nickname: Kersy

Appearance: Kersy"s fur is a more brownish colour than regular persian's and the whiskers on her face are much longer. The gem on her forehead is blue rather than red.

Personality: Kersy is a vain pokemon and is sometimes to proud for her own good. Differently from Gerlude, she doesn't get along get along with Dreams because of her personality. Kersy is brave enough and just practically to proud and always challenges foes stronger than herself, usually to her own defeat. In battle, she is outright sneaky and prefers to attack out of nowhere and ambush the enemy.

History: Kersy was encountered by Chris when she was injured in the forest as a meowth, she was looking for food when she was attacked by a growlithe. Chris decided to help Kersy and beat the growlithe. He then Caught Kersy to be one of his pokemon. She has ever since became friends with Chris. Though they have a long history together, Dreams still doesn't like Kersy and Kersy still hates Dreams. Kersy isn't very nice to Chris and nearly always disobeys his commands until Chris earned his eighth badge.

Moveset: Slash, Giga Impact, Return, Thunder

Species: Skarmory

Nickname: Steel

Appearance: Steel has white feathers instead of the red ones the regular Skarmory has.

Personality: Steel is somewhat a Loner and tends to keep away from the rest of the group. He seems to dislike being bothered or being the center of attention. In battle, he fights without mercy and leaves no time for the opponent to flinch. He tends to be very rude to others and generally doesn't care for what happens around him.

History: Steel is Chris' first pokemon that he caught himself. Steel liked Chris but tends to keep away from Chris' other pokemon. Several times during his journeys, Steel saved Chris from getting attacked by wild pokemon. Steel never disobeys anything Chris says, so he became the main transportation Chris used for long distance traveling. Though he is lonely he is rather playful around Chris.

Moveset: Fly, Steel Wing, Sky Attack, Brave Bird

Other: Steel has a soft spot on his heart for babies.

Species: Blissey

Nickname: Bliss

Appearance: Just your average Blissey, if anything is different it's the fact that her coat is slightly darker than usual Blissey

Personality: Bliss is happy-go-lucky and plain childish. She is usually playful and prefers to protect than to attack, but when her comrades are in danger, she drops her attitude and will protect her comrades at all costs.

History: Chris met Bliss when she hatched from an egg that his friend gave him. When she hatched, Steel was like a father to her, Steel would always protect her from any harm.
    In return, She was always very protective of her comrades and always tried her best to keep her out of harm's way. She evolved when Chris carved her an Oval Stone and gave it to her.
    Moveset: Last Resort, Softboiled, Seismic Toss, Heal Pulse

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Hm. Battle Pyramid, please? Though I imagine it either works a little differently from its game set-up or from the current missions set-up . . .

Silhouette

Years
  • I'll take battle factory - I like playing with a variety of different pokemon. Thanks for the complement too by the way :3
    Sure thing!
    Can I try the Battle Palace? Looks interesting.
    Okay.
    Spoiler:
    It looks good. If you could just edit Chris's appearance to make it longer, that'd be great. It's just really vague, that's all. Once you do that, you can choose one of the facilities that hasn't been chosen.
    Y'know, I think I'll test my luck at the Battle Pike. Hopefully things will turn out in my favour :)
    Alright then.
    Hm. Battle Pyramid, please? Though I imagine it either works a little differently from its game set-up or from the current missions set-up . . .
    Yep, Battle Pyramid. Each facility has their own quirks that differ from one another.

Kogenta - Battle Pyramid

• You will scale 7 floors of the Battle Pyramid with three of your Pokemon. This time around, you will find a lot of Pokemon that like to poison (Gulpin, Roselia, Butterfree, Seviper, Skarmory, Ludicolo, Crobat and Gengar). Along the way you will fight three trainers, each with three Pokemon (not five since you will be fighting some wild Pokemon, too). And, you may run away from wild Pokemon.
    • Here are the trainers you will fight:
      Spoiler:
    Beechlgz - Battle Palace

• You will fight five trainers in a row, but you cannot command the three Pokemon you have chosen. Instead, they must fight off instinct.
    • Here are the trainers you will battle:
      Spoiler:
    Almondeyes - Battle Factory

• You will start by choosing three of these six Pokemon (You can choose movesets):
      Kadabra, Miltank, Chimecho, Magneton, Heracross, Furret
    • Here are the five trainers you must battle:
      Spoiler:
    • After winning a battle, you may (you don't have to) switch ONE of your Pokemon with a Pokemon used by your previous opponent.
    Tenthcompanion - Battle Pike

• You will advance along 7 rooms in the Battle Pike, each with a different occurrence. Choose three of your Pokemon to accompany you, and good luck.
    • Here are the occurrences:
      Spoiler:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Thank you.

At each facility, you will battle five trainers (once a day).

I probably should have asked this earlier, but . . . By this did you mean that each day we post battles against five trainers, that every day for five days we post a battle against one trainer, that within the RP our character fights five trainers per day (an RP day), or that within the RP our trainer is to fight a trainer once per day for five RP days.

Hopefully that sentence was understandable. ^-^;;

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I'm finding it extremely difficult to do a battle a day, even if I sit down and really set out a few hours to type it out most I can get done in a day is one pokemon defeated. Sorry, Silhouette, the time it takes to do these battles is really much longer than I could have expected. Does anybody else share the same opinion as me? If so, maybe the time could be extended to two weeks or something (just a small adjustment to the game in light of time needed). If I'm the only one who's struggling, though, maybe I should back out of this one and let someone else be able to join. I'm enjoying this one it's just too much for me to complete in a short space of time.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • Name:Chris Kain

Appearance: Chris is about 1,4 meters.He has long black hair that extends until some parts of his shoulders.He wears a Black shirt, half opened red jacket, a pair of white jeans, a gray headband and a pair of red shoes. He sometimes wears a distinctive accessory that he got from his father, a dragon necklace. In battle, he wears several additions such as a electric insulating glove to hold the force of electricity that Kersy gives of when charging her Thunder inside of the pokeball. He has a scar on his right hand and left eye caused when Kersy revolted and scratched him.Chris also has a rather enduring body, it comes from being attacked by pokemon on a regular basis.

Personality: Chris is a kind person but tends to be rude and annoying at times. He also has a personality that makes him laugh when he needs to be serious about something important to him or to others. When in battle, his personality changes into a serious sort of person that looks at a lot of possibilities and picks the one with the best outcome.
    Most of the time he is confident about most things, but when he is faced with an important decision he is unconfident and hesitant about the choices he makes.
    He likes people that isn't to serious and a bit laid back.

History: Chris was born in Fallarbor town near the Meteor Falls. He lived there with his father since his mother passed away when he was 5. One day when he was 7, his dad took him to the Meteor Falls where he caught Chris a young Bagon. Ever since that Bagon and Chris were close friends. When he was 10 he decided to go and start his journey to defeat the gyms and the elite 4. He and Bagon went to challenge the gyms and trained hard to do so, he also picked up a few friends along the way. One day on his travels after beating the gyms and the elite 4, he came across a person that asked to battle him, he lost and the person offered Chris to train in a secret, remote place. Chris thought shortly about it and decided to accept

Others: Chris has a terrible fear of dogs

Pokemon:

Species: Salamence

Nickname:Dreams

Appearance: He looks like an average salamence except for the fact that he has two fangs going out of his mouth and a scar on both his wings. His wings are also slightly darker than usual salamence

Personality: Dreams is a jolly sort of pokemon that fully suits Chirs' personality. Though he gets irritated when someone says that dreams are worthless. Dreams doesn't gets along with pokemon that are too proud. He is also very optimistic. Dreams has never disobeyed Chris and is loyal to his trainer.

History: Dreams was caught by Chris' father when he was 7. When Chris left for his journey he brought Dreams along with him and thus became his first pokemon in the pokemon league. Dreams evolved rather quickly as a result of vigorous training and head-banging. They made a good team and swept through every trainer, gym, elite 4 and obstacle that was in their way. He was one of Chris' most powerful pokemon in his team and also one of his bulkiest. As a result, Dreams was often Chris' trump card.

Moveset: Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Dragon claw, Draco Meteor

Species: Samurott

Nickname: Gerlude

Appearance: Gerlude's moustache is black and his shells are a bit more reddish than the regular samurott's. He also has a longer front horn.

Personality: Gerlude is a proud pokemon, but he is not too proud and knows his limits. He is a bit rash at times and would charge into battle without a strategy. When facing a larger adversary he stays calm and collected. He doesn't seem to get along with pessimistic pokemon. Gerlude looks serious but is actually very playful.

History: Gerlude ended up in Chris' possession because his trainer wanted to trade him for a rufflet when he was still an oshawott. Chris happened to caught a baby rufflet and traded the rufflet for Gerlude. Since then, he has been a valuable addition to Chris' team as transportation on water or in battle. He has disobeyed Chris many times and even sometimes hit Chris with his shell. But after Chris got his eighth badge, he never disobeyed him and has since then been one of the most powerful member of Chris' team.

Moveset: Aqua Tail, Razor Shell, Brine, Rain Dance

Other: Gerlude is of Dreams' best of friends in Chris' Team

Species: Persian

Nickname: Kersy

Appearance: Kersy"s fur is a more brownish colour than regular persian's and the whiskers on her face are much longer. The gem on her forehead is blue rather than red.

Personality: Kersy is a vain pokemon and is sometimes to proud for her own good. Differently from Gerlude, she doesn't get along get along with Dreams because of her personality. Kersy is brave enough and just practically to proud and always challenges foes stronger than herself, usually to her own defeat. In battle, she is outright sneaky and prefers to attack out of nowhere and ambush the enemy.

History: Kersy was encountered by Chris when she was injured in the forest as a meowth, she was looking for food when she was attacked by a growlithe. Chris decided to help Kersy and beat the growlithe. He then Caught Kersy to be one of his pokemon. She has ever since became friends with Chris. Though they have a long history together, Dreams still doesn't like Kersy and Kersy still hates Dreams. Kersy isn't very nice to Chris and nearly always disobeys his commands until Chris earned his eighth badge.

Moveset: Slash, Giga Impact, Return, Thunder

Species: Skarmory

Nickname: Steel

Appearance: Steel has white feathers instead of the red ones the regular Skarmory has.

Personality: Steel is somewhat a Loner and tends to keep away from the rest of the group. He seems to dislike being bothered or being the center of attention. In battle, he fights without mercy and leaves no time for the opponent to flinch. He tends to be very rude to others and generally doesn't care for what happens around him.

History: Steel is Chris' first pokemon that he caught himself. Steel liked Chris but tends to keep away from Chris' other pokemon. Several times during his journeys, Steel saved Chris from getting attacked by wild pokemon. Steel never disobeys anything Chris says, so he became the main transportation Chris used for long distance traveling. Though he is lonely he is rather playful around Chris.

Moveset: Fly, Steel Wing, Sky Attack, Brave Bird

Other: Steel has a soft spot on his heart for babies.

Species: Blissey

Nickname: Bliss

Appearance: Just your average Blissey, if anything is different it's the fact that her coat is slightly darker than usual Blissey

Personality: Bliss is happy-go-lucky and plain childish. She is usually playful and prefers to protect than to attack, but when her comrades are in danger, she drops her attitude and will protect her comrades at all costs.

History: Chris met Bliss when she hatched from an egg that his friend gave him. When she hatched, Steel was like a father to her, Steel would always protect her from any harm.
    In return, She was always very protective of her comrades and always tried her best to keep her out of harm's way. She evolved when Chris carved her an Oval Stone and gave it to her.
    Moveset: Last Resort, Softboiled, Seismic Toss, Heal Pulse

Is the appearance good enough now?
    If so i would like to enter the battle dome

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • I'm finding it extremely difficult to do a battle a day, even if I sit down and really set out a few hours to type it out most I can get done in a day is one pokemon defeated. Sorry, Silhouette, the time it takes to do these battles is really much longer than I could have expected. Does anybody else share the same opinion as me? If so, maybe the time could be extended to two weeks or something (just a small adjustment to the game in light of time needed). If I'm the only one who's struggling, though, maybe I should back out of this one and let someone else be able to join. I'm enjoying this one it's just too much for me to complete in a short space of time.

I agree with you that we need more time. In order to write a good, detailed post, it does take quite a while. I worked hard on my first post, and it took me about an hour (too extreme? I wanted to make a good impression :P). That was a one on one battle. Imagine us writing three of those in one day. I'm sure all of us here have other things to do every day, so we might not have time to post. Extra time would be quite nice, I think. What are your thoughts, Silhouette?

Silhouette

Years
  • I probably should have asked this earlier, but . . . By this did you mean that each day we post battles against five trainers, that every day for five days we post a battle against one trainer, that within the RP our character fights five trainers per day (an RP day), or that within the RP our trainer is to fight a trainer once per day for five RP days.

Hopefully that sentence was understandable. ^-^;;
    I'm finding it extremely difficult to do a battle a day, even if I sit down and really set out a few hours to type it out most I can get done in a day is one pokemon defeated. Sorry, Silhouette, the time it takes to do these battles is really much longer than I could have expected. Does anybody else share the same opinion as me? If so, maybe the time could be extended to two weeks or something (just a small adjustment to the game in light of time needed). If I'm the only one who's struggling, though, maybe I should back out of this one and let someone else be able to join. I'm enjoying this one it's just too much for me to complete in a short space of time.

I agree with you that we need more time. In order to write a good, detailed post, it does take quite a while. I worked hard on my first post, and it took me about an hour (too extreme? I wanted to make a good impression :P). That was a one on one battle. Imagine us writing three of those in one day. I'm sure all of us here have other things to do every day, so we might not have time to post. Extra time would be quite nice, I think. What are your thoughts, Silhouette?
    Terribly sorry, everyone. I've never done this kind of RP before, and I'm just trying to get the hang of it. Perhaps I should just drop the whole assignment thing and let everyone challenge the frontier? You're the roleplayers, and I don't want this to die, so I guess it'll be whatever is easiest. :D

Pokepokemo is accepted, by the way!

Also, sorry for being absent for a day or two. Had some things going on.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Both running and participating in an RP is a learning experience. I do not mind having assignments. Actually, I find that having some amount of structure in an RP tends to make it last longer. This being a learning experience, however, I also believe we should be flexible and willing to work together. Your willingness to change is appreciated, but honestly I see no call for anything beyond moderate adjustments here. What do you all think?

And no worries about the absence.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Both running and participating in an RP is a learning experience. I do not mind having assignments. Actually, I find that having some amount of structure in an RP tends to make it last longer. This being a learning experience, however, I also believe we should be flexible and willing to work together. Your willingness to change is appreciated, but honestly I see no call for anything beyond moderate adjustments here. What do you all think?

And no worries about the absence.

I agree. Assignments and deadlines are fine. I wasn't sure who else would agree, but my personal opinion was that the time given was just a bit too short and might use an extension.

Silhouette

Years
  • Thanks for the support, guys. So we'll shoot for a two week deadline and see how that goes?

While we're on this topic, do you as roleplayers prefer battling trainers that I create or would you rather battle trainers that you make up on your own?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Two weeks seems a good bit better.

Well, in my own opinion I quite like to be surprised with trainers and pokemon I don't expect. The same could be done with a random number generator, but it doesn't matter. I quite like being assigned pokemon to fight against, even if they are selected (like before, when you chose pokemon that were strong against our teams, I thought that was pretty cool). That's just what I think about it anyway.

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
    Years
  • I think having a two week deadline would be a perfect solution. No need for anything major. And I like when you generate our opponents. It adds a nice element of surprise to our encounters.

Back