• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOH, LOOK AT THIS! Okay, now that I have your attention.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2013
    [size=-2]Hello there! Yet another intro post, made by another new person.

My name's Dan, and I'm from the very sunny country of Malaysia. I'm a student in highschool. I enjoy writing, sketching, guitar of all kinds (classical, acoustic, electric, and a little bass), books (mainly Chuck Palahniuk and Irvine Welsh and Shakespeare and classics), and of course, Pokemon.

I'm also a huge LOTR and HP nerd, and am involved in multiple fandoms (SPN, Sherlock, DW/TW), and music is my guilty pleasure. Rock, kpop, forties', hip hop, indie, you name it, I probably have listened to it sometime in my life.

I've played only some of the games (Red, Blue, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald) and I'm looking into playing the rest of them when I find the time. Currently I'm completing a sixth round of Ruby (just for fun). Favourite Pokemans include: Mudkip, Lugia, Shuckle, Gardevoir, and Marowak.

But enough about me. I'm glad to finally be a part of PC. Too much of lurking around here without ever posting anything resulted in me signing up today after weeks and weeks.

See you guys around![/size]

Cid

Years
    It's inevitable to for this to be yet another intro post by another new person, after all. The important thing is, you feel welcome yourself, and if you're striking enough then that's an added bonus. And I'm happy to see that you're one of the more interesting new people, I mean, that thread title certainly grabbed my attention, hahaha. It's not as typical as you'd expect from just another new person.

Anyway, it sure is interesting to see a person from the same side of the globe as me! I'm from the Philippines, and I think we pretty much have the same weather, although you have to correct me if I'm wrong, haha. It's great to have another musician on board, and I must say I also enjoy writing and Pokémon, though the latter's pretty obvious. This be a Pokémon forum, arr. I can't say I'm a reader since reading books has been a sporadic activity for me as of late, but I like how you read Shakespeare and classics, because I don't know a lot of people interested in that and I've always wanted to get into reading them sometime.

And you're an HP nerd, too! I'm not too knowledgeable with it myself but I love that series all the same. Sherlock is awesome so you get plus points for that. :D And I'm also a fan of music, but I don't think I have good taste, haha. As for Pokémon, I hope you'll get around to playing one of the games set in Johto, and then the more recent DS games (DPPt, BW, B2W2) if you can. You must love Ruby so much to have been playing it for that many times. And I like your taste with Pokémon. I also love Mudkip, but who doesn't?

You're certainly fluent, mature and striking, and I like that! I'm glad you got through the lurking stage, and that you finally went around with signing in, haha. :) I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and if you'd like to chat or need any help, send me a VM right away. Welcome aboard! :D

Years

My name's Dan, and I'm from the very sunny country of Malaysia. I'm a student in highschool. I enjoy writing, sketching, guitar of all kinds (classical, acoustic, electric, and a little bass), books (mainly Chuck Palahniuk and Irvine Welsh and Shakespeare and classics), and of course, Pokemon.

I'm also a huge LOTR and HP nerd, and am involved in multiple fandoms (SPN, Sherlock, DW/TW), and music is my guilty pleasure. Rock, kpop, forties', hip hop, indie, you name it, I probably have listened to it sometime in my life.

I've played only some of the games (Red, Blue, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald) and I'm looking into playing the rest of them when I find the time. Currently I'm completing a sixth round of Ruby (just for fun). Favourite Pokemans include: Mudkip, Lugia, Shuckle, Gardevoir, and Marowak.

But enough about me. I'm glad to finally be a part of PC. Too much of lurking around here without ever posting anything resulted in me signing up today after weeks and weeks.

Hi Dan, welcome to PC.

So, you're Malaysian? I have a friend here who's also Malaysian.

I'm Hikari, and we're glad to always have new users on board. I'm 20, and from Australia. I'm also a long-time Pokemon fan who adores the 5th Generation of Pokemon.

You should play the 4th and 5th Generation games soon, cos they're among my favorites. Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and the newly released Black 2/White 2 are all great games you should check out.

Harry Potter fan? We've actually got a fanclub for those Pottermaniacs like you, just pop down to Other Clubs and you shall find it. You should also check out the PC Adoption Center where you can apply for help from a mentor, who is a member specialized in a particular section.

Enjoy your stay and feel free to VM me anytime.

- Hikari10

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
    Hiya Dan :3,welcome to PC! Malaysian? That's pretty cool,I'm Chinese but living down in Australia :D.I have been a Harry Potter nerd since probably when I was 7 since magic always fascinated and entertained me. Ahh...I love the Marauders :3.

Some of my hobbies are writing and doing creative drawings,I began playing the flute this year and also do piano :3.Favourite sports include,basketball,modball and rock climbing,they're all entertaining and fun :D.

I started off with a 4th Gen game and have now played every generation except II and halfway through Gen V.I also recommend the 4th generation games,since the remakes HG/SS were amazing and I'm sure you'd love it. Sinnoh was a blast as well,the new Pokemon were some of my favourites,personally :3.Mudkips are adorable and they're pretty powerful,so there's always been a soft spot in my heart for them along with being amongst my favourite starters.Gardevoir,I find beautiful and elegant,along with my first psychic type so that's always been near and dear as well :3.

But yeah,welcome to PC! Hope you stay active and have some great times here! I'm Rainbow by the way,if you want to chat endlessly about Harry Potter or Pokemon,just drop a VM :3! Have fun here!

Hello there, Dan! A big welcome to PC, it's wonderful to meet you. <3

If you're a writer and an artist, maybe you can show us some of your work in our Art & Design and Fan Fiction & Writing sections, perhaps? As both a writer and an artist, I'd love to see what you have to show us, and I'm sure the regulars over there would too. ^^ But you seem to have lots of interests, which is great. I'm sure you'll run into lots of others who share your interests here as well, given how huge Pokecommunity is!

R/S/E were one of the more addicting Pokemon games, though; I must've played through Emerald at least twenty times, haha. Here's hoping you're able to try some of the newer games soon, since they were all really amazing. :D But ahh, speaking of Shuckle, I actually used him in my Crystal playthrough before all the way through and he was very useful. Poor thing doesn't get enough credit!

Anyway, it was wonderful meeting you, and enjoy your stay here, yes?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@ Cid: Haha, glad I caught your attention. And woo, South-East Asians unite! Haha, I do believe we have around the same weather. And pshh about good taste, what kind of stuff do you listen to? :B And yep, I'm definitely looking to play one of the Johto games, probably SS first. I will definitely enjoy my time here, thanks again!

@ Hikari10: Oh, really? Cool, the more the merrier! And it's good to meet you too, Hikari. 4th and 5th Gen do look super cool; when I'm done with exams here I'll probably jump straight into them after I do maybe one or two of the Johto games. The Other Clubs section does look intriguing, and so does the Adoption Centre. Really interesting thing PC's got here. C: Thanks for the welcome!

@ Rainbow Arcanine: Hiya! :B Ooh, another HP fan! The Marauders are so awesome. Wish Rowling wrote more about them, oh well. Woah, you play the flute? That's cool. Oh man, do I wish I could try the more recent games. During the holidays I am going to be so pumped to played all of them. Great meeting you, Rainbow! :3

@ Cirno: Hey there! And that sounds like a good idea. I draw mostly people/portraits and things, but I've been wanting to get into sketching Pokemon for a while. :) Twenty times? Phooo, now that's determination, haha. Aww man, Shuckle is super awesome though! He really doesn't get enough credit. And yep, definitely will enjoy my stay here, thanks! Good meeting ya too!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2013
    Yeah bro, LOTR ftw! C: And... cards? As in Pokemon cards? Because I don't think there are LOTR cards...

But yeah, I do collect Pokemon cards. C:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Hi Dan, welcome to PC! I'm synerjee and I'm Malaysian too. :P It's very nice to meet you! You're the first Malaysian I've seen around here.

You definitely have to give the newer pokemon games such as Black & White as well as Black & White 2 a go! They have awesome new pokemon and equally awesome storylines! It's something I'm sure you won't regret. :D

Well, hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Have fun and hope to see you around! Feel free to drop me a VM/PM. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023

Heya Smooth, I'm MidnightShine but you may call me Mid/Middy, I'm Malaysian too FYI~ Welcome to PC & I hope you'll huv fun~

~Mid

Years
    Hey Smooth. An old school Pokemon fan but you haven't played any 4th or 5th gen games? Seems a bit odd to me. Man, LOTR is mad epic, watched the films, read the books and played a bunch of the video games. Hydreigon is my favourite Pokemon, though I used to like Marowak a lot. Anyway enjoy your stay.

Back