• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ooops, Trainers Choice error!

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    In today's episode "A Fan with a Plan" we wittnessed the first major mistake in an First Commerical Break Eyecatch Quiz or Puzzle (WTP or Trainers Choice) ever in the history of Pokemon. We've waited 7 seasons for this to happen:

Which of these Pokemon evolves into Seviper?
    -Suicune -Arbok -Sableye

The answer isArbok]!

See anything wrong? Seviper does NOT evolve at all. Let's discuss this wacky moment in Pokemon History. Cobras evolve into Vipers?! How can this be? :16:

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    It's nothin' new - Trainer's Choice screws up all the time. If you remember "Game Winning Assist", they said that Combusken is the best choice to battle against Kirlia. Of course, Combusken's Fighting side is extremely succeptible to Kirlia's Psychic attacks...And if you recall "Hokey Pok? Balls" a few weeks back, they mislabeled Beuatifly as Nuzleaf (still don't know how they screwed that one up).

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    Although an interesting feature, I've found TC to be somewhat subjective (I realized this when I wrote How Pokemon Really Works). I don't know how this happened.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Jesse GS the II said:
    It's nothin' new - Trainer's Choice screws up all the time. If you remember "Game Winning Assist", they said that Combusken is the best choice to battle against Kirlia. Of course, Combusken's Fighting side is extremely succeptible to Kirlia's Psychic attacks...And if you recall "Hokey Pok? Balls" a few weeks back, they mislabeled Beuatifly as Nuzleaf (still don't know how they screwed that one up).

Well, actually according to R/S rules, Fighting Pokemon are supposed to be strong against Psychic Types, so that's probably why they picked that one.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Psychic types are strong against Fighting. Not the other way around. >_> This isn't the first time 4Kids blundered up.

-Nuzleaf is the best choice against Camerupt.
    False. One's a Grass-type. The other's a Fire/Ground-type. They assumed it was only a Ground-type that could use Fire attacks.

-Seviper is the best choice against Foretress.
    False. First off, they assumed Foretress was only a Bug-type. That's good and all, but it's also part Steel-type. Plus Bug-types lost their weakness to Poison when Ruby/Sapphire came about.

-Combusken is the best choice against Kirlia.
    False. They assumed this by seeing the opening "The Challenger" considering Wakashamo completely fries a Saanaito with a Fire Spin.

It's embarassing. You'd figure a company that's been dubbing the series since 1998 would at least research these things ahead of time and know what the hell they're doing.

Years
    No, psychic is good against fighting.

Yes, It is pathetic that they screw up so much. The Beautifly/Nuzleaf thing was pretty funny actually, yet really stupid.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    I heard Brock and Jessie actually tried the Seviper against Forretress thing. Now Jessie's suing 4kids for their mistake. :P

Also, Jessie got really mad when she thought Seviper did evolve from Arbok. She started thinking that she could have evolved her old Arbok into a Seviper. However, Meowth set her straight. :P

May got mad at the Nuzleaf/Beautifly incident, saying that they degraded Beautifly by doing that. :P

For Nuzleaf against Camerupt, they're making the same claim as Combusken vs Kirlia below. :P

For Combusken against Kirlia, 4Kids claims they mixed up the Pok?mon. They were suuposed to say who's the best choice against Combusken and that the answer was Kirlia. :P

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    Same episode, May even said that Skitty helped her win at the Fallarbor Town contest, SHE USED BEAUTIFLY THERE! She used Skitty at Verdenturf.

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    Be sure to tune in next week for another glitched TC:

Which of these Pokemon evolve into Ho-Oh?
    Skarmory Moltres Skitty

Answer is Moltres
    (this is fake and just for hahas :))

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    I was like O_O;;;

They should have stuck to the "Who's that Pokemon?" quiz from before

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    lol, they do that they'll probably call Scyther Alakazam. XD *referring to 1st movie mix-up obviously XD*

lol, the beautifly/nuzleaf thing is wierd. HOW CAN THEY NOT TELL?!?! XD
    Also. I not like them saying Combusken would beat Kirlia. *glares at evil 4kids* *challenges them to try it, with me using my Kirlia. :P* Heehee. No chance. XD

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    But since it's a duel type, and water can resist fire, Ludicolo can beat Camerupt. Ah, 4Kids can screw up things! XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Psychic types are strong against Fighting. Not the other way around. >_> This isn't the first time 4Kids blundered up.

-Nuzleaf is the best choice against Camerupt.
    False. One's a Grass-type. The other's a Fire/Ground-type. They assumed it was only a Ground-type that could use Fire attacks.

-Seviper is the best choice against Foretress.
    False. First off, they assumed Foretress was only a Bug-type. That's good and all, but it's also part Steel-type. Plus Bug-types lost their weakness to Poison when Ruby/Sapphire came about.

-Combusken is the best choice against Kirlia.
    False. They assumed this by seeing the opening "The Challenger" considering Wakashamo completely fries a Saanaito with a Fire Spin.

It's embarassing. You'd figure a company that's been dubbing the series since 1998 would at least research these things ahead of time and know what the hell they're doing.

So, what would you have put for the answers?

Back