• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinion on Black/White 2

Years
  • Now that Pokemon Black/White 2 have been out for a while, many of you have probably gotten pretty far into it. My question is: what do you guys think of the game and how does it compare to the previous installments?
    Personally I found this one to be the best one out of all, especially its soundtrack which beats all the others. What are your thoughts?

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I absolutely LOVE B2/W2. I feel that they improved on a lot of things, and added more features to the game itself. I feel, that it's possible, that B2/W2 are one of the greatest Pokemon games ever made. o.o
    That's my opinion, of course, but still- they're pretty great.

Years
  • I completely agree; the game is addicted as anything and offers somewhat of a challenge when compared to the previous installments.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I love Black and White 2, they were a good step in the right direction for the franchise. I loved the PWT and all the little extra areas all around Unova. The storyline was also great too! The second best games in the franchise, but don't listen to me because I'm biased on this haha. Now where's my Gen III remake???? :P

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    The new features, namely the Pokémon World Tournament and Habitat section of the Pokédex, made these games enjoyable. The plot, including Team Plasma, was darker. I think N's innocent ideals made BW1's plot much less threatening. I really like the new Team Plasma uniform designs as well, definitely gave off the Team Aqua feel. The ability to catch previous generation Pokémon made me quite happy too as many happen to be my favourite.

My only complaint about BW2 is how they executed Team Plasma, in what I thought was rushed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2013
    After looking back at Red and Blue, I love how the graphics are coming along.

I found it down right hilarious how the rival acted, but I haven't finished the game yet though.

But so far, it may be my favorite!

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
    Years
  • I enjoy Black 2 immensely!
    Especially the rival so far; having one which is as friendly (nearly so) as Wally, just makes me fill up with a warm feeling of nostalgia & child-like joy~

Years
  • I have to say I loved the scenery of these games and the extra stuff they added in to fix most fans' disappointment of Black and White, the Pokemon World Tournament was fun, along with the expanded Pokedex which made team-building easier, and the fact the wild Pokemon are now a little bit more challenging to fight.

And not to mention Rosa is now my new fave protagonist from the series.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think Black 2 and White 2 are great, the first to have a regional Pokedex which contains more than 300 Pokemon (Victini counted), PWT, Join Avenue, and Pokestar Studio. Compared to original BW, B2W2 in overall has much better storyline and features.

Years
  • Imagine a fire type with Chlorophyll. A good excuse to teach it Sunny Day, so it moves faster, and charges up moves like Lava Plume. I'd like to see a new Pokemon like that. (I know they haven't added any new Pokemon to the game.)

Years
  • Imagine a fire type with Chlorophyll. A good excuse to teach it Sunny Day, so it moves faster, and charges up moves like Lava Plume. I'd like to see a new Pokemon like that. (I know they haven't added any new Pokemon to the game.)

You mean like a fire/grass type? Because having chlorophyll on a fire type wouldn't really make any sense.
    Although a fire/grass type sounds pretty deadly...flying being its only weakness.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I think these are the best games in the series, tied with HeartGold and SoulSilver. It's probably because they expanded Unova, tied loose-ends, brought back gym leaders, and basically you have something to do when you beat the game.

satotaku

Generation 1's last hope
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    With how quickly generation 5 was brought to an end it can definitely be seen as a compromise and a stop-gap generation while they were working on Generation 6 but it definitely is no slouch in the story department and the graphics are a huge step up for the DS and there's alot of little nice additions.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I loved the upgraded graphics and storyline of B2/W2, as well as that it was a sequel, which brought something new to the franchise. I liked how the storyline expanded, but it still had that B/W feel to it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Having almost completely completed (i.e. including post-game stuff) Black 2, I can safely say that I prefer it to Black. I just found the storyline much more enjoyable, there's more to do post-game, and I liked how the older Pokémon were available immediately. I mean, I understand why they weren't in Black, but yeah.

Back