• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinion on Water pokemon this gen

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I've found Seismitoad to my liking. I don't like its design, but it fits my team and battle style fine. I'm not a fan of any of the new Water Pokemon designs, though. I almost didn't have a water Pokemon on my team at all because of how little I like their designs, but decided on Seismitoad last minute. They're not the best Pokemon in this generation, in my opinion. Jellicent is kind of cool looking, but I would never use one because of its typing. Ghost Pokemon and me... we just don't mix.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I really like the Water type Pokemon in this generation. I even thought about doing a Water Monotype on Black but choosing Oshawott again would be a little repetitive d.d
    Samurott - best starter in this generation. Possibly in the whole series.
    Simipour - coolest monkey, imo
    Seismitoad - pretty cool, but not as cool as the other Water/Ground Pokemon, but still a cool one
    Basculin - they're okay, but probably wouldn't be put on a team of mine
    Carracosta - coolest fossil Pokemon ever imo
    Swanna - sorta like Seismitoad, but I like its design better
    Jellicent - cool typing and look
    Alomomola - interesting, but I like Luvdic better :P
    Keldeo - kinda off-looking, idk what is wrong with it, but its ok..

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    They aren't bad--but they could be better. They aren't ugly at all...Jellicent isn't ugly..but it isn't Pokemon-ish.

How isn't it Pokemon-ish? It's a big fluffy Jellyfish!

I would use it but I'm gonna use Chandelure, so I'm gonna go with Carracosta :)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I have no problem with any of the Water-types this gen (Simipour still seems a little awkward to me though), but I am surprised at how few of them there seem to be. The type variation seems more balanced to me, at least in comparison to other generations.

Samurott and Carracosta are far and above my favorites, though. Samurott looked odd to me when its art was initially leaked, but it's grown on me, especially since we got that official art of it with Emboar and Serperior while brandishing its sword. I'm hoping we get to see some official art of it standing in a bipedal stance sometime.

As for Carracosta, I always like fossil Pokemon, and a big tank-like turtle is just my cup of tea. It gets the awesome Shell Smash, not to mention Aqua Jet and Smack Down, and it eats steel. That's one hardcore turtle.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    GF did an okay job with designing the Water Pokemon. The Water Pokemon I like best is Samurott. Basculin looks like a Carvanha clone, IMO.

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    In my oppinion, the water types of this gen aren't the greatest. They came up with two good ones in my oppinion, (Samurott snd Carracosta) and the others I'm not too fond of. Although Eelektross isn't that bad.

I think that for this gen they did really well with dragon types. Their all really nice.

Years
    In my oppinion, the water types of this gen aren't the greatest. They came up with two good ones in my oppinion, (Samurott snd Carracosta) and the others I'm not too fond of. Although Eelektross isn't that bad.

I think that for this gen they did really well with dragon types. Their all really nice.

Eelektross isn't a Water-type, pure Electric with Levitate. Unless you mean Electric types in general.

Carracosta was the only one I liked, sadly, though Jellicent is pretty good.

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Eelektross isn't a Water-type, pure Electric with Levitate. Unless you mean Electric types in general.

Carracosta was the only one I liked, sadly, though Jellicent is pretty good.

Really? I thought he was a water type aswell. XD Oh well, a fail on my part.

Yah, Jellicent's not bad. Allthough I don't like his big white mustache-beard thing.

Back