• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opinion: What 4 egg moves should I teach Fomantis?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So whenever I have a HA pokemon I breed a 5 IV version with some egg moves to store away for future need and a lot of the time the egg moves are pretty easy to determine, even if they are not moves I plan on using I do end up putting moves on that I can see a value for at some point in the future especially if I decide to change my tactics later on. But I am having a hard time figuring out what 1 move to leave of my Fomantis and I could really use some help deciding!

For those who don't know, it's egg moves are:
    Weatherball
    Giga Drain
    Aromatherapy
    Defog
    Leaf Storm

And fortunately I happen to have a Nuzleaf with Defog (otherwise Defog would not be an option at all since it's a move tutor egg move I believe) however, ALL the moves have value. Well, nto to me because I am going to be running a purely physical set, however I can see the value if I ever decided to do a special moveset or if someone in the future wanted a special moveset or whatever. So, out of these 5 moves, which one would you leave off the list and why? Best justification/reasoning gets a HA Fomantis with Defog plus whatever the other moves end up being. Thank you so much for helping me make this decision!

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I'd say Defog, Leaf Storm and Weatherball are a must, Defog is always useful, Leaf Storm goes really well with the Contrary ability, and Weatherball is quite useful on Lurantis since it's a Pokemon that really enjoys being under the sun.

As for the other two I guess it depends on what you need the most, Aromatherapy is always useful and works better if your going for a physical set. but Giga Drain may work too if you decide to combo it with Leaf Storm's Contrary boost.

Back