• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinions on Seasons

What's your Favorite season in Unova?

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I noticed something I dislike about the seasons - the fact that the leaves blowing in Autumn is only evident in Route 1. I wish they'd extend it for other routes, too, instead of isolating it
    Have to agree - I kinda feared that would be the case when they revealed the promo shot and that was confirmed when I played the game. Similar to weather in games being restricted to certain routes only in the last few gen games - it's just artificial. =(

Otherwise I quite like the concept and if does add a lot to the places it does show up in, as well as more in the way of backtracking and exploration too.
    Mine is just staying at autumn, is that normal? How long does a season last?
    A month. I think you can change the date though on the DS if you want - just note that other time-based stuff may be affected, and now just in b/w either.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    I love that they added seasons. i havent seen any of the other ones but from pictures i would say spring would be my favorite.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the Seasons feature is my favourite feature intoduced in Gen V, surely Day & Night and Weather is good but Seasons gives the games a more realistic and.. well seasonal feel and they make the game look better overall :)

It's awesome that they still kept day and night, making it just an aesthetic change. Seasons definitely make the game more realistic. Although not for the Winter snow, because it doesn't snow here. But that's why I love Winter. It shows me what I want, but don't have.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I was expecting more snow for Winter, it wasn't until Driftveil City that I got snow, and then in Icirrus and then it disappeared... I was disappointed, honestly. Winter was just pale colors and blue trees - still cool and gave a slight "winter" feel but they could've done more.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Omg, night in Mistralton in Winter looks amazing. I love the added effects of hail, looks so realistic and my God everything looks awesome. :D Winter > Autumn, so far. :3

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Omg, night in Mistralton in Winter looks amazing. I love the added effects of hail, looks so realistic and my God everything looks awesome. :D Winter > Autumn, so far. :3

I agree, I love Winter. :D Much better than boring Autumn. :<

I also wish the games utilised seasons more, instead of just certain places. :\

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    As you can see, cynthia didn't know it just turned winter in Unova. xD

I guess my favourite would be Winter, we don't get enough snow here. :O

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Winter is definately my favorite. The changes are more drastic and cooler, more areas are accessible, and Sawsbuck's winter form is so awesomesauce. That, plus just a few more things makes winter in the games amazing. Its also my favorite season in real life, and without the cold, it makes it that much more fun!

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    i will probably like spring as i like spring the most compare to other seasons.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Am I the only one who HATES winter? I hate Sawsbuck in winter (I have one in my main team too. Blaagg) Maybe because in Indiana we've had WAAAYYY to much Snow and Winter. I liked Autumn better... And Sawsbuck is pwnage in fall.

Years
    It is really cool that they added seasons to the games. It makes it really cool. I like how different things change with the seasons.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I like spring the best. This is mainly because I love the look of flower petals flying about in the air. I also love Deerling's spring form the best. Pink > green, brown and orange in my opinion. I can't wait for next month when I can experience it for the first time. So far I've only played in Autumn and Winter.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Winter looks pretty cool :D

However I miss the Autumn leaves blowing and the golden trees already :( Unova seems so... cold and dull in winter maybe because it is night now

Goodbye Stunfisk, Tranquil and Shelmet!

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
    I think I prefer summer, but I think they should have made teh seasons come around once a year to make it seem more realistic ( while its snowing in your game, its also snowing outside your window :D [ depending where you are ] ) but otherwise they are quite good.

Years
    Cnt choose my fave season till i see them all but adding them in was definately a good idea....makes it more real if ya know wat i mean lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm disappointed that the Royal Unova doesn't reflect the season tbh. I mean really, it's winter, wouldn't you expect the ocean to not be so calm, or even just some snow towards Marvelous Bridge, come on, get creative Game Freak! :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Winter is becoming new new favorite season in BW due to the nice shade of Green-blue the trees are and the snow around the place though I did expected there to be more snow than there really was...

Back