• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Oppenheimer

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    So I looked around in this forum and couldn't find any thread discussing about this movie, which surprised me since when I saw it in the theater, I have been crazy about it.

Nolan's vision and Hoyte's cinematography felt like it was made for this film, and obviously the stacked cast gave it its best, especially RDJ in my opinion!

What did you guys think of the movie?

Years
  • I think it's absolutely outstanding. Nolan completely knocked it out of the park with this one, the effects, soundtrack, cinematography and of course narrative are just *chefs kiss*. I love how each aspect of Oppenheimer's life is given focus, it doesn't fall into the trap of over-focusing on Los Alamos and the bomb; because while that was a major part of his story, it's not the full picture. The movie takes time to explore his romantic escapades, political views, experiences in Europe and all the other factors that made Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer.

I watched Barbie and really enjoyed it as well, but Oppenheimer just has so much more meat on its bones and explores far more mature topics. I can only imagine what watching it in 70mm IMAX was like if I already enjoyed it so much watching on an older, small TV via a DVD player that only has AV out.

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I think it's absolutely outstanding. Nolan completely knocked it out of the park with this one, the effects, soundtrack, cinematography and of course narrative are just *chefs kiss*. I love how each aspect of Oppenheimer's life is given focus, it doesn't fall into the trap of over-focusing on Los Alamos and the bomb; because while that was a major part of his story, it's not the full picture. The movie takes time to explore his romantic escapades, political views, experiences in Europe and all the other factors that made Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer.

I watched Barbie and really enjoyed it as well, but Oppenheimer just has so much more meat on its bones and explores far more mature topics. I can only imagine what watching it in 70mm IMAX was like if I already enjoyed it so much watching on an older, small TV via a DVD player that only has AV out.
    I love this review!! It really was more than just the Manhattan Project! And I loved RDJ's performance as Strauss!

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Ok y'all are selling it to me. It's going on the list!
    If you do, I must warn you there is a suicide scene in the movie so it does get dark at some points. ^^

Nevertheless it's a masterpiece in terms of cinematography and the cast really shines! I challenge you to find Garry Oldman in the movie without looking up his role!

Years
  • If you do, I must warn you there is a suicide scene in the movie so it does get dark at some points. ^^

Nevertheless it's a masterpiece in terms of cinematography and the cast really shines! I challenge you to find Garry Oldman in the movie without looking up his role!
    Thank you for the warning, I truly appreciate that <3

I will maybe watch it a little later on this year then 😊

Back