• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Obviously they wouldn't give Norman a competively tooled Mega Slaking with a perfect moveset, IVs, etc, that would make it practically impossible for the player to defeat him. If he did get a Mega Slaking, it would probably be nerfed one way or the other. Otherwise, there would be no legitimate way of achieving victory against him, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Obviously they wouldn't give Norman a competively tooled Mega Slaking with a perfect moveset, IVs, etc, that would make it practically impossible for the player to defeat him. If he did get a Mega Slaking, it would probably be nerfed one way or the other. Otherwise, there would be no legitimate way of achieving victory against him, haha.
    I wouldn't be too sure...after all Cynthia was given perfect Pokemon (which is why she's so difficult to defeat). Plus Norman seems like someone who would Ev train and pick the perfect set for his mon.

Years
  • I wouldn't be too sure... after all Cynthia was given perfect Pokemon (which is why she's so difficult to defeat). Plus Norman seems like someone who would Ev train and pick the perfect set for his mon.

Except she's the champion of Sinnoh, and he's the fifth gym leader. I think her Pokemon should be a bit more difficult to defeat than the average gym leader. d: Maybe in the player's rematch, assuming they return, with Norman, Mega Slaking could have all those perks.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Guys/gals, he won't have Mega Slaking. None of the gym leaders in X and Y had a Mega, so it's safe to assume it'll be the same in ORAS. GF never changed the rosters in remakes before. Can we put this to rest?

EDIT: I can think of only ONE change. Giovanni didn't have his Rhydon in FRLG. Instead, it was a Rhyhorn. But I think it was a bug so it doesn't count.

Years
  • Guys/gals, he won't have Mega Slaking. None of the gym leaders in X and Y had a Mega, so it's safe to assume it'll be the same in ORAS. GF never changed the rosters in remakes before. Can we put this to rest?

EDIT: I can think of only ONE change. Giovanni didn't have his Rhydon in FRLG. Instead, it was a Rhyhorn. But I think it was a bug so it doesn't count.

Korrina did, outside of her gym battle (the Tower of Mastery battle). Maybe Norman will give the player their starter's Mega stone and challenge us to a battle between Megas. Everyone better hope they have Mega Blaziken or that Mega Swampert is bulky enough, or Mega Sceptile fast and powerful enough to defeat a Mega Slacking... yikes...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Korrina did, outside of her gym battle (the Tower of Mastery battle). Maybe Norman will give the player their starter's Mega stone and challenge us to a battle between Megas. Everyone better hope they have Mega Blaziken or that Mega Swampert is bulky enough, or Mega Sceptile fast and powerful enough to defeat a Mega Slacking... yikes...

Mega Slaking, huh? That would make Norman much more formidable, although I do hope they change the AI and not let Slaking keep using Focus Punch. Seriously? We have like three turns to make Slaking lose his focus. And at that early level we would spam only attacking moves anyway. Perhaps the rosters would remain the same, but a move remodelling is in order.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

No. It is still possible that GF would change it around in ORAS. We thought in Gen 5, we'd be getting Gray, but instead we got B2W2.

If they do get Mega's, I'm pretty sure that they can be battled in postgame. Most likely, rematches.

Now that thinking about it, it may be possible we get a Mega Probopass, Mega Makuhita, Mega Torkoal, Mega Slaking, Mega Altaria, Mega Solrock, Mega Lunatone, and Mega Milotic.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

You've also forgot one of Claire's Dragonairs replaced by a Gyarados in HG/SS.

Also, in repsonse to Leijon, Mega Probopass? Game Freak only gives fan favorites Mega Evolutions, and from what I know, not a lot of people like Probopass and find it as an unecessary evolution.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    In fact, I had assumed Probopass was nonexistent until I happened to see one large moustache in the BF. While crossgen evos are not significant, I wonder what will be the power hotspot where Nosepass and Magneton evolve. New Mauville?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There's actually been a handful of evolutions/pre-evolutions to the Hoenn Pokémon since Ruby & Sapphire, I wouldn't be surprised if they some how integrated these to fit into the Regional Pokédex.

Years
  • No. It is still possible that GF would change it around in ORAS. We thought in Gen 5, we'd be getting Gray, but instead we got B2W2.

If they do get Mega's, I'm pretty sure that they can be battled in postgame. Most likely, rematches.

Now that thinking about it, it may be possible we get a Mega Probopass, Mega Makuhita, Mega Torkoal, Mega Slaking, Mega Altaria, Mega Solrock, Mega Lunatone, and Mega Milotic.

I agree with you on every gym leader getting a Mega (When I brought up this idea it was shot down in the Mega Trend...).

Yeah aka the Sinnoh evolution and pre-evolutions to Hoenn Pokemon. Speaking of evolution I wonder if the Kalos Megas of Hoenn Pokemon will appear. I see Mawilite reappearing as a counterpart to Sableyeite which will likely be in AS only.

Btw in terms of popularity Abamasnow wasn't all that popular either, nor was Banette or even Manectric.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • You've also forgot one of Claire's Dragonairs replaced by a Gyarados in HG/SS.

Also, in repsonse to Leijon, Mega Probopass? Game Freak only gives fan favorites Mega Evolutions, and from what I know, not a lot of people like Probopass and find it as an unecessary evolution.

Eeeeh lol. I don't think so. A lot of Pokemon that received mega's weren't fan favourites. Majority were Pokemon that needed boosts like Mawile, Abomasnow, Banette etc.

As for the gym leader's each having a mega... I can see it being possible but not a brand new mega. Brawly could end up with Mega Medicham instead of adding a new one in, and then they could give Flannery and Roxanne Houndoom and Aerodactyl. I'd love the idea but it's unlikely imo.

I think the only mega we can properly foresee right now is Mega Metagross because it's Steven's main Pokemon and it would reflect Diantha and Gardevoir, but even then. They can be very unpredictable in these situations imo.

Years
  • I hope that they have their Emerald teams as they were more diverse than their RS teams (plus they have yet to integrate anything from Emerald that we know of into these games). Wattson actually lacked Gen III electric types in RS, having only gen I electric types in his team, being the only gym leader out of Johto to have Pokemon not introduced in his generation.

Years
  • Really the Mega evolutions in Kalos were all over the place. Some were Pokemon that needed buffs to be relevant, and others, like Garchomp, were already popular, powerful Pokemon. There's really no way of predicting what Pokemon are liable to get a Mega in the future. It's hard to rule any Pokemon out, or be completely sure that one will get a Mega. Right now, I'd say Sharpedo and Camerupt have the best chance, based on the Archie and Maxie screenshots released during E3.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That's a lot of new Megas to introduce for one sole purpose. But I think it would be cool to see post-game rematches involving Megas.

Yeah, gym rematches especially would be amazing. Too many hoenn megas wod need to happen though, but eh screw it, I'm expecting all final stagers to ger one eventually, so why not dump Hoenns here and now. If it were to happen here's what I expect:
    Roxanne- Mega Probopass
    Brawly- Mega Medicham
    Watson- Mega Manetric
    Flannery- Mega Torkoal
    Norman- Mega Slaking
    Winona- Mega Tropius
    Liz n Tate- Mega Solrock/Lunatone
    Wallace/Juan- Mega Milotic
    As you guys can tell I love the idea of each character having one Pokemon that megavolves, mostly cause its a visual and contextual aid of the bond needed for it.

Oh as for CoroCoro next week here's what I'm expecting:
    -Pokedex/Pokenav reveals. Usually some of the first things revealed.
    -Wallace, Roxanne and Brawly. The usual charavter reveals
    - A good amount of megas.
    -A cool surprise, like sevtet bases or the trick house.

Years
  • Yeah, gym rematches especially would be amazing. Too many hoenn megas wod need to happen though, but eh screw it, I'm expecting all final stagers to ger one eventually, so why not dump Hoenns here and now. If it were to happen here's what I expect:
    Roxanne- Mega Probopass
    Brawly- Mega Medicham
    Watson- Mega Manetric
    Flannery- Mega Torkoal
    Norman- Mega Slaking
    Winona- Mega Tropius
    Liz n Tate- Mega Solrock/Lunatone
    Wallace/Juan- Mega Milotic
    As you guys can tell I love the idea of each character having one Pokemon that megavolves, mostly cause its a visual and contextual aid of the bond needed for it.

Oh as for CoroCoro next week here's what I'm expecting:
    -Pokedex/Pokenav reveals. Usually some of the first things revealed.
    -Wallace, Roxanne and Brawly. The usual charavter reveals
    - A good amount of megas.
    -A cool surprise, like sevtet bases or the trick house.

I like the idea too :)
    I would prefer for Brawley and Winona to get Mega Hariyama and Mega Altaria though. Also if Juan is the gym leader I see him having Mega Ludicolo instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really like the idea of Juan using some Pokémon like Ludicolo, to be honest; in my opinion, it doesn't quite suit him. He might've used it before in RSE, but still.

Years
  • I don't really like the idea of Juan using some Pokémon like Ludicolo, to be honest; in my opinion, it doesn't quite suit him. He might've used it before in RSE, but still.
    Actually now that you bring it up he never did have Ludicolo on his team. He had Crawdaunt, Sealeo, Kingdra, Luvdisc, and Whiscash. He later replaces Luvdisc with Lapras for the rematches so I'll cross that one out. His strongest is Kingdra. I want a Mega Kingdra (as can be seen in my bringing it up multiple times in the Mega trend) so I hope that one gets it :3.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back