• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    In the screenshot of the same cave but from a slightly different angle, it looks more like Steven.

Black pants, black shirt with white collar just like Steven.

Years
    I have to say I love Roxanne's redesign, she looks way more like a badass now compared to her original Sugimori art. The new Gym Leader battle mugshot looks really cool as well, can't wait to see how the other Gym Leaders turn out. Same for the Elite Four, I really want to see their redesigned appearances as well.

Years
    Just to add my two cents on this screenshot - I'm in doubts that the character is Brendan. It looks too much like Steven, and it makes sense that he'd be there, considering he's researching Mega evolution and Groudon and Kyogre represent a new way of Mega evolving - devolution. If it is Brendan, then I guess that would confirm character customization, but again, not likely that it's him, at least in my opinion.

Years
    I agree re: Roxanne's VS art; she looks much more badass than in RSE & BW2. Definitely can't wait to see Flannery's, Winona's, and Tate & Liza's VS art as well, as they were my fave Gym Leaders in RSE <3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I have to say I love Roxanne's redesign, she looks way more like a badass now compared to her original Sugimori art. The new Gym Leader battle mugshot looks really cool as well, can't wait to see how the other Gym Leaders turn out. Same for the Elite Four, I really want to see their redesigned appearances as well.

I can't wait to see the other gym leaders looks. I hope that they make Wallace have something less flamboyant.

Years
    I can't wait to see the other gym leaders looks. I hope that they make Wallace have something less flamboyant.

Roxanne's art makes me really excited, haha. Can't wait to see the rest of them, especially Winona and Flannery. I'm a big fan of the 3D digital model of the badge next to Roxanne, too, it looks awesome! The textbox is certainly unique, but I think her art stole the show of that screenshot, simply gorgeous :] Do you guys think we'll be able to rematch the gym leaders in ORAS?

Years
    I really do hope we'll be able to rematch the Gym Leaders, be it through Match Call (except made easier) or through a new method. I think I stated this in another thread, but I really enjoyed being able to do so in Plat. and HGSS. (I don't count BW2 because it's only in the PWT and you don't get exp. or money. XY I somewhat count, as you gain exp. and money, but at the same time, you aren't battling full teams, making them easier to defeat.)

Years
    I really do hope we'll be able to rematch the Gym Leaders, be it through Match Call (except made easier) or through a new method. I think I stated this in another thread, but I really enjoyed being able to do so in Plat. and HGSS. (I don't count BW2 because it's only in the PWT and you don't get exp. or money. XY I somewhat count, as you gain exp. and money, but at the same time, you aren't battling full teams, making them easier to defeat.)

Yeah, as much as people want to rematch Gym Leaders, Game Freak just can't seem to do it right most of the time. The only real good rematches people were actually pleased with were Emerald and HG/SS but that's because they used teams that weren't too small and hence put the "challenge" aspect in there.

I did like X/Y's rematches through the Battle Chateau, but then again no-one had a full team there so people often complained about that, in fact it seemed like the only trainers in-game who bothered to have full teams were Diantha and Calem/Serena (in the latter's case, that's only the postgame) hence why many thought X/Y weren't "challenging" anymore. Unova and Kalos often also got hated due for Gym Leaders having a maximum of three Pokemon on their team, and also the Elite Four being able to be battled in any order instead of a set order having levels increase.

But then again, Game Freak wants to target more towards the intended child audience so yeah they had to downgrade the challenge in some way, it's just that it came out negatively for the veteran players.

blue

gucci
    Years
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Anyone else notice how Mauville City appears to have sort of a wall surrounding it or looks sort of raised? I can't tell if that's just the way it looks or it has had some sort of redesign from the original games. (Just above Cycling Road)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Anyone else notice how Mauville City appears to have sort of a wall surrounding it or looks sort of raised? I can't tell if that's just the way it looks or it has had some sort of redesign from the original games. (Just above Cycling Road)

You know, those walls may be reference to real life Kumamoto having a castle in it that used to be impregnable. I wonder if that's what Masuda got from his visit to Kyushu...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022

You can see a huge building with 4 plasma antennas in the back, just like on the map. What's going on? Is Mauville now an inside city?

Years
    Technically speaking, Mauville was already surrounded by walls. Just look at its map in Emerald:

Given, the wooden stubs aren't connected, but they do seem to form a barrier around most of the city.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Can we please stop quoting giant pictures? :x

But yeah, that's definately the Power Plant place. If it were anything in Mauville you would see other buildings. Unless if that is the game corner (or whatever replaces it) and the towers behind it are part of the gym.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back