• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion
    The truck is back! Yes!

Now that is a huge graphical improvement to what it was in the originals... Littleroot Town looks really cool in the new graphics. In the original games, Brendan's house was always assigned to the left while May's was always on the right regardless of who your chosen character was. So I wonder if they'll retain that unique gimmick?

Years

New trailer, for those who haven't seen it! Nothing new except for the beginning, a few shots of May going up a sandy hill with her bike and Brendan in a area not shown in the previous trailer. Mega Diancie finally gets a bit of screen time, although there wasn't anything pertaining to why it's featured in ORAS. What do you guys think?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well if you look at the early screenshots for any games they tend to look like that. Missing detail.

I guarantee they will add more. It just wouldn't make sense for them to not to. Part of the selling point of these games is "OH LOOK AT HOW PRETTY IT IS NOW!" Can't say that when it isn't pretty.

Missing detail? I think that the only little detail they're missing is the shine on the water, but that's all the detail I see missing. It's quite detailed as it is :)

Littleroot looks beautiful. Hey with some scenes showing the sky do you think we'll get small scenes with Rayquaza flying high above the Hoenn region? It'll be cool if we did, it'll be similar to how we ran in Suicune several times in HgSs (sure that was from Crystal, and Rayquaza never did that in Emerald, but still).

Years
    All of the screenshots Serebii posted up today are making me want the games more, hnnngh. I mean, look at some of them:

Rustboro's gym reminds me a bit of Nacrene's with the displays out front, but the fossils behind Roxanne are really stunning.

Mt. Chimney looks really awesome, too~

Years
    All of the screenshots Serebii posted up today are making me want the games more, hnnngh. I mean, look at some of them:

Rustboro's gym reminds me a bit of Nacrene's with the displays out front, but the fossils behind Roxanne are really stunning.

It looks so beautiful. It looks so fancy too. Is that fossil in the middle of the Kabutops and Cradlily fossil another Dragonite fossil? Lol Plasma really got a common fossil...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

New trailer, for those who haven't seen it! Nothing new except for the beginning, a few shots of May going up a sandy hill with her bike and Brendan in a area not shown in the previous trailer. Mega Diancie finally gets a bit of screen time, although there wasn't anything pertaining to why it's featured in ORAS. What do you guys think?

So it looks to me like the Groudon and Kyogre forms are, (as I expected) not considered Megas.
    Ya know, being that they were referred to as Primal instead in the trailer.

Things in their primal state are usually considered more 'powerful' and capable anyway, so if you ask me it's a title that carries more weight than 'Mega'. I'm also going to assume that Groudon and Kyogre's forms are activated by the Red and Blue orbs instead of say, Mega stones. Since those are the items Team Magma and Aqua wanted to use to control them both originally. So the orbs probably power them up and throw them into their ancient state in order to carry out the plans Magma and Aqua have.

Which is way cooler sounding anyway. XD

Years
    I wonder if Sableye gets a second Mega that holds a big blue gem.
    Yes, I know ruby and sapphire are available in a range of colors.

Years
    I believe we've known that Groudon and Kyogre weren't considered Mega evolutions since the CoroCoro leak, but this does solidify that fact. Their animation as the devolve is shown in the trailer prior to this one, and it's absolutely awesome! I think they're the orbs, but once the two legendaries began to change into their primal forms, the orbs grow and encase them. To me, that's what it looks like.

Years
    So it looks to me like the Groudon and Kyogre forms are, (as I expected) not considered Megas.
    Ya know, being that they were referred to as Primal instead in the trailer.

Things in their primal state are usually considered more 'powerful' and capable anyway, so if you ask me it's a title that carries more weight than 'Mega'. I'm also going to assume that Groudon and Kyogre's forms are activated by the Red and Blue orbs instead of say, Mega stones. Since those are the items Team Magma and Aqua wanted to use to control them both originally. So the orbs probably power them up and throw them into their ancient state in order to carry out the plans Magma and Aqua have.

Which is way cooler sounding anyway. XD

Yeah, I always expected them to get something a little more special than Megas. I was surprised though that they weren't called something like Primal Megas though xD.
    I wonder if the orbs will break and turn into stones like in the Manga when they turned into a ruby and a sapphire. After all their Primal forms have a Ruby and a Sapphire where the helix of a Mega is.

Edit: They changed the appearance of the evolution sequence:

Years

Wow that new interior of Rustboro Gym looks so awesome, a really huge jump in improvement from the original design. I can't wait to see how the other Gyms will turn out. And I noticed the Youngsters in the Rustboro Gym pic look very almost like their original R/S design so nice to see they seem to be retaining all the trainer classes from the original games.

Years
    Wow that new interior of Rustboro Gym looks so awesome, a really huge jump in improvement from the original design. I can't wait to see how the other Gyms will turn out.

I'll say it's an improvement from XY's apperance. If the remakes are shaping up to look this beautiful I can't wait to see how 'Z' will look, as the last game(s) of the generation tends to be the best looking out of all.

Years
    I'm actually amazed at how much they've copied from the originals into the remakes, there's literally so many smaller details that are almost identical to Ruby & Sapphire!

I'm not all that surprised, seeing how FrLg and HgSs had similarities to their original games, especially in the update graphics for the moves. That's why I made a thread on updated moves possibly looking similar to the originals :3.
    I have to say, this new evolution sequence is my favorite I've ever seen, it looks so beautiful.

Years
    I'm actually amazed at how much they've copied from the originals into the remakes, there's literally so many smaller details that are almost identical to Ruby & Sapphire!

Was just talking about this, I'm really happy to see that they're playing close attention to the details in the game and adding some nostalgia factors instead of completely revamping everything about Hoenn. Every screenshot released so far I love! One of the main things I want to see at this point that hasn't been shown is Pacifidlog.

Years
    Was just talking about this, I'm really happy to see that they're playing close attention to the details in the game and adding some nostalgia factors instead of completely revamping everything about Hoenn. Every screenshot released so far I love! One of the main things I want to see at this point that hasn't been shown is Pacifidlog.

There's a rumor that they made Pacidlog bigger, so I'll like to see if there's any truth to that. I hope we see it later, or next month.

Years
    A bigger Pacifidlog Town would be interesting, I kinda feel that Town was a little too small and didn't have much to offer given the potential. I also noticed in the trailer a Berry Tree in the exact location it was in the originals, which probably confirms the return of those too. :)

Awesome, that'll mean not all of the trees will be at the berry Master's house like some thought.

Years
    So much hype...so much want....

I'm excited to hear from all of you that have played the originals that the new ones look so similar. I need to find an old ds to play the originals on. I found some copies of them but need something to play them with first, XD. Real first world problems over here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back