• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Hello (again) everyone! I deleted my post in this thread asking you not to make new threads. From now on, if you think you've got a new topic to discuss, please feel free to make a thread for it! It'll be placed into a moderation queue and if it's not already covering someone someone else has posted, it'll appear on the forum very soon.

Have fun!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd be more happy with carbon copies, with slight alterations to the features and a couple of new areas. I loved the original storyline, characters, citities etc from the original games.. to see them in a 3D Remake would just be amazing. I would be happy with a sequel too, just as long as these games are set in the Hoenn Region of course.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • THIS! After BW2 I don't expect a regular pattern. I can see them not wanting to use a 2 for this for one big reason. It has no connection to R&S while BW2 was a follow up to BW. Like this could be set in Hoenn but new gyms,new professor etc and no real connection the the past.

Also Gen 3 was about weather and land and sea so this new "world" could be passed on events years after the natural issues in Gen 3. (Just my opinion)

Glad to finally see someone who agrees with me that Sequels > Remakes! What was great about RSE was the Hoenn region, and I think it deserves more development instead of treading the same ground as 10 years ago.

After seeing the teaser trailer though, I'm starting to think it may not even be in the Hoenn region, since they're alluding to a "new world" and all ><

Years
  • I'd be more happy with carbon copies, with slight alterations to the features and a couple of new areas. I loved the original storyline, characters, citities etc from the original games.. to see them in a 3D Remake would just be amazing.

Really this would be the best for the updated looks just for the sake of how much of a leap Gen 6 is from others. Like the leap from Gen 1 to Gen 3 was not nearly as big as the one from Gen 5 to Gen 6. Imagine secret bases but with wifi

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2014
    It feels weird that we're already at a generation of remakes of R/S/E. It still feels like just yesterday I was playing Sapphire, excited about the addition of natures. I feel old.

But I'm so excited! I have such fond memories of the watery Hoenn region, even if the endless Tentacools got annoying for my Ninetales.

The cosmetic alterations to Groudon and Kyogre on the boxes suggest to me new forms of them, which suggests to me a new story as a sequel rather than a mere remake. But that may be a bit of a stretch. The press release also claimed the new games will feature "a spectacular new world" though, which also sounds like more than a carbon copy remake.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Sequels or not, I'd still call them remakes for the simple fact that they're going to be based around Hoenn. Which is the only thing that matters to me, really. Either way I imagine it's going to be a pretty sweet homage to the stuff they worked on 11 years ago.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • So... the games have finally come back. Man this kind of makes me feel old. I remember when ruby and sapphire were announced and released and where I was even...

Years
  • Glad to finally see someone who agrees with me that Sequels > Remakes! What was great about RSE was the Hoenn region, and I think it deserves more development instead of treading the same ground as 10 years ago.

After seeing the teaser trailer though, I'm starting to think it may not even be in the Hoenn region, since they're alluding to a "new world" and all ><

Yeah same and like I tell others after BW2 we should not expect a regular pattern. Heck I'm one to think Z version won't be a thing or at least not a 3rd version but instead we get Pokemon AZ version which focuses more on the war aspect.

But yeah I can see the Ruby and Sapphire names being kept since it may have to do with Kyorgue and Groundon. It is a mystery.
    Sequels or not, I'd still call them remakes for the simple fact that they're going to be based around Hoenn. Which is the only thing that matters to me, really. Either way I imagine it's going to be a pretty sweet homage to the stuff they worked on 11 years ago.

Not trying to be a dick but with that logic Kingdom Hearts 2 is a remake of KH 1 (Again not trying to be mean)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The first time I saw this news I was taking a piss before lunch almost dropped my phone in the toilet. I was expecting to see this sometime this year or next, but I was still shocked and ecstatic to see this. I was searching through the forums and saw this. First I thought that it was a hack in the wrong section of the forum, but I clicked on the thread and to my happy, surprise I saw this.

Really happy to see that Game Freak has been working on this, and can't wait to see more about it in then ext few weeks. I hope that the game is 3D like Pokemon X and Y.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Not really excited. Trailer didn't really do much other than announce something that was bound to hapen sooner or later. Not expecting anything spectacular since the chances of it being a simple updated rehash like the other two are pretty good.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • Childhood remake confirmed! yess!

It seems like the games might take place in a new region, but then why call it Omega Ruby and Aqua Spapphire?
    Maybe the main story will take place in a new region and in the after game you will revisit hoenn, or the other way around.

We can only speculate right now. But there is one thing i know for sure. Once the games are out i WILL throw my money at nintendo.
    Mega sceptile here i come!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Not trying to be a dick but with that logic Kingdom Hearts 2 is a remake of KH 1 (Again not trying to be mean)

In the context of Pokémon, not really. You can't compare the importance of plot in the KH series with how absurdly irrelevant it is in Pokémon, relative to a JRPG. Sequel or not, there's very little work required to emulate the original, which is the focus here, whereas the focus in a new KH game would be to drive a new story.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • At least we don't have long to wait to find out what these games are all about. November of this year, that's only like 4 months :o

I'm pretty excite ^^

Years
  • Great news, I thought we'd be waiting a fair bit longer than this for an announcement.

It's a shame the trailer literally showed us nothing, but the announcement alone is exciting enough for now I guess.

This is well timed too since I'm running out of things to do on X/Y.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I missed Hoenn, and I'm glad one of my favorite region will be back to be revisited :) I think there might be some twists in Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire that playing it will be much different from Ruby and Sapphire, but I hope it will be enjoyable.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I rather have a remake than a sequel, but either would be fine. Either way, I'll be able to see the beautiful cities of Hoenn in 3D (well 3D models at least) and experience it all over again.

Years
  • COMMENCE THE TRUMPETS

In all actuality I'm uber excited because I honestly really liked Gen III and anyone who hates the original R/S/E are being sour-pusses. And I was into the mon's since they debuted. Also STEVEN. WE COULD ALWAYS USE MORE STEVEN.

Thanks for the video, made me even more hyped!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just saw the comments about ORAS possibly not being about Hoenn and thought. What if the Backpacker's region is the region. XD. Doesn't make much sense to me but it would be pretty funny for them to use old mascots and fan hype to promote something else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back