• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • I think these remakes are completely unnecessary. Only the first two generations required remakes.

Guess what, you know, you don't have to buy it if you dislike it that much then.
    From rumours to confirmations you've been on the same page.

Well,

REJOICE REJOICE!!!

#TeamMudkip #HoennConfirmed

TAKE IT HATERXYZ.

Eh, they had sound reasoning. That's all that really matters.

Oh true that, but I love how they went "It will NEVER happen, forget it jeez". >: )

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    And I'm not proud to say I was one of them :\

But at least we can speculate all over the place without anyone saying you're probably wrong.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Now that's disappointing...

If they're just remakes then I see a lot of things becoming impractical... Like, no new Mega Evolutions, and the game being basically the same, maybe some different post-game content here and there (Lati@s Mega Stones), and of course the fact that Mega Evolutions wouldn't feature heavily in the game so Blaziken remains the sole Hoenn starter with a Mega Evolution.

There's a chance the story varies according to the game, that is, you fight either Team Magma or Team Aqua, and that sucks because in Emerald they added some nice new areas with the Magma Hideout below Mt. Chimney.

So GF is being lazy. Again.

One positive is that Steven might be Champion again instead of Wallace.

Not really. They could retcon the whole Megastones were discovered in Kalos, like how they treated the Steel type being a Gen II discovery in FrLg, and not to mention the undiscovered Pokemon of the following generations being in the remakes.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • And I'm not proud to say I was one of them :\

But at least we can speculate all over the place without anyone saying you're probably wrong.

orly?

All Pokemon will be catchable including the likes of Manaphy, Arceus, Jirachi, etc.

I actually think we might get a new Manaphy event for them..maybe in-game but probably a download. Just because of Hoenn having a large amount of water..

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • I think this sums it up the best from Nintendo:
    Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Pokemon games isn't just about "transferring" or "missing" pokemons. It's been a decade since RSE, the system and the games are almost obsolete (or hard to find). I hate how anti-hoenn best response to the before the confirmation and after the confirmation are "it isn't necessary, we can already catch every pokemon".

Some people might like it, some might not. A lot of people in different community are happy because Gen 3 was their first pokemon game ever and relieving that journey again in beautiful visual that 3DS can offer made Hoenn fans happy. When FRLG came out, I bought it day 1 not because "HEY I NEED THIS POKEMON FOR MY POKEDEX or I NEED TO TRANSFER MY POKEMONS", I got FRLG for nostalgia because R/B were my first pokemon games and going through Kanto again in GBA was fantastic for me.

Is it a cash grab? Sure but at the same time it gives new fans of the series to try out Hoenn region while Hoenn fans gets to relieve their favorite region once more. I don't get why posters who doesn't care about Hoenn have to post in a Hoenn remake to bring negativity around the remake like **** being unnecessary and pointless.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I think this sums it up the best from Nintendo:

Pokemon games isn't just about "transferring" or "missing" pokemons. It's been a decade since RSE, the system and the games are almost obsolete (or hard to find). I hate how anti-hoenn best response to the before the confirmation and after the confirmation are "it isn't necessary, we can already catch every pokemon".

Some people might like it, some might not. A lot of people in different community are happy because Gen 3 was their first pokemon game ever and relieving that journey again in beautiful visual that 3DS can offer made Hoenn fans happy. When FRLG came out, I bought it day 1 not because "HEY I NEED THIS POKEMON FOR MY POKEDEX or I NEED TO TRANSFER MY POKEMONS", I got FRLG for nostalgia because R/B were my first pokemon games and going through Kanto again in GBA was fantastic for me.

Is it a cash grab? Sure but at the same time it gives new fans of the series to try out Hoenn region while Hoenn fans gets to relieve their favorite region once more. I don't get why posters who doesn't care about Hoenn have to post in a Hoenn remake to bring negativity around the remake like **** being unnecessary and pointless.

You have a valid point. But I've seen people criticising remakes (not Pokémon remakes) for offering little aside from shiny graphics. Star Fox 64 3D, namely, because the only new thing the game brought aside from better graphics were the gyro controls nobody used because they're so complicated.

I mean, if you want to play through the game again, why not just get yourself VBA and a rom and play with that. Better yet, use an emulator for a mobile platform. Graphics shouldn't be THAT much of a concern.

On the other hand, the GBA games were the last ones to come with battery-powered saves, and these run out after a while, so anyone who plays a GBA Pokémon game won't experience the full features of the game (the saves remain but no clock-based events occur), so you can't plant berries for example.

I'm waiting to see what GF comes up with regarding these remakes, since they always add something. I didn't like the additions to Kanto in FRLG, however, since they felt tacked on in retrospect. Contrary to that, I welcomed the changes to Johto and new Kanto in HGSS because they turned the games into what they should've been if they didn't have constraints back in 1999.

I didn't want these remakes because I didn't think how they could advance the series further but, now that we have them, let's see what's in store for us. Which is why, if I get them, I won't get them on release date.

I think the biggest appeal is that we're going to play through Hoenn with the updated mechanics of 6th gen, but usually GF wastes that potential by not updating the trainers' rosters, so I'm expecting to fight Glacia's two Glalies and Sealeos again. :P

If anything, it opens the door for further remakes, even though I don't think it's necessary to remake Sinnoh (and I loved Sinnoh) and Unova.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I'm expecting to fight Glacia's two Glalies and Sealeos again

well there is always a rematch thing... I believe in post-game we can fight all Gym leaders and Elite four and champion using different pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 6... Kinda like HG/SS

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I can hardly wait for the remakes to be released, hoenn was the first region i officially played in the pokemon series. It's going to be good to relive the experience of hoenn, also would like to see new features and some expanded areas to explore, and more importantly see the graphics of the hoenn region in 3d plus the story line and the awakening of the legends. I wonder if they will bring back the pokeblock making for the remakes and pokemon contests, they started in this versions too so I'm looking forward for it.

Years
  • If they keep character customization in the game, how would the possibly work. Changing Brendan and May wouldn't feel right. Someone suggested that we might make a whole new character who moves to the region, where Brendan is Norman's son and May is the Prof's daughter.

Doesn't one of the people you make friends with in X and Y (I think its shauna) say that she wants to go to a far away region next time when you speak to her outside your house post game

Years
  • one thing that caught my eyes a lot is Kyogre and Groudon, they look kinda possesd to me. And when you think about in the original games the villians failed to control them, maybe this time they will find a way.
    I personally would like to see the boss have a rain/sun team based around kyougre/groudon, it could be a very good and challenging battle.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • So excited about this. I haven't actually gotten into a Pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. Black, White, X and Y just didn't do it for me. Hopefully this blast to the past will restore my love for the Pokemon series again.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    well there is always a rematch thing... I believe in post-game we can fight all Gym leaders and Elite four and champion using different pokemon from Gen 1 to Gen 6... Kinda like HG/SS

Yeah, like in Emerald, where all the Gym Leaders registered us in the Match Call thing. A rematch would be really nice to see.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Wow, I am so excited for this. Can't wait to travel trough Hoenn again. I must say, when it comes to 3rd generation, I enjoyed Emerald much more than R/S, but I know a remake of that isn't coming, so all I can hope is that some Emerald features will be in these games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back