• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiji Dragon

Welp. They just showed Kyogre and Groudon coming out of the sea about to transform but they censored it like private parts are censored in television. They just confirmed that AS/OR is a thing and they compared their normal formes with them on the boxart but not much of a reveal of anything. :/
    The guy who was showing the live video said that he thinks they talked about mega evolutions but he is not sure.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Aw, I was hoping for a bit more than just a cutscene of Groudon and Kyogre coming out of the Seafloor Cavern and changing Hoenn's weather.....

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    This... Was pretty disappointing. They better release a REAL trailer soon, and Corocoro better starts leaking right NOW!

I stayed awake over an hour to watch this nonsense. (Anyone else noticed all the Japanese commercials are about fish?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I think I heard the girl call them "Mega Shinka" which means "Mega Evolutions".

They speculated: "Could this be a Mega Evolution?!"

This... Was pretty disappointing. They better release a REAL trailer soon, and Corocoro better starts leaking right NOW!

I stayed awake over an hour to watch this nonsense. (Anyone else noticed all the Japanese commercials are about fish?

Corocoro won't start leaking till tomorrow (Monday).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Kinda proves 2 things:
    1. ORAS will look VERY similar to XY in graphics
    2. Groudon and Kyogre will very likely get mega evolutions. It's not only hinted in Get TV.
    (3. Hoenn confirmed? Because I still see some who claim this to be in another region)

Ugh. Back to bed. I'm having a bad headache.

Not so much...and that was very creepy...

I liked how you could see the water evaporating around Groudon.

Well, Groudon has the ability to form landmass if I recall correctly. Perhaps it formed a block of land for itself in the middle of the sea?

Anyway, I'm honestly VERY pleased with the graphics. We have seriously come a looooooong way from the GBA.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Kinda proves 2 things:
    1. ORAS will look VERY similar to XY in graphics
    2. Groudon and Kyogre will very likely get mega evolutions. It's not only hinted in Get TV.
    (3. Hoenn confirmed? Because I still see some who claim this to be in another region)

Ugh. Back to bed. I'm having a bad headache.

Well, Groudon has the ability to form landmass if I recall correctly. Perhaps it formed a block of land for itself in the middle of the sea?

Anyway, I'm honestly VERY pleased with the graphics. We have seriously come a looooooong way from the GBA.
    Am I being Greedy when I say I want them to be even better in the final product? I think they could make it look smoother. Though it looks somewhat better than XY did.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Hahaha, I wouldn't say I'm as much disappointed as I am entertained by the fact that Nintendo is literally just releasing 30-second clips with no sound or gameplay and the internet is still blowing up.

That's how much influence they have.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Am I being Greedy when I say I want them to be even better in the final product? I think they could make it look smoother. Though it looks somewhat better than XY did.

If I can remember, the preliminary XY had terrible graphics. People were really worried about it and some said that Game Freak isn't putting in enough effort.

Hence, I think it's only natural for ORAS graphics to look better than even the final XY. Afterall, it's an enhancement of the XY engine.

Plus, this sneak peek should be in beta (i think).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Hahaha, I wouldn't say I'm as much disappointed as I am entertained by the fact that Nintendo is literally just releasing 30-second clips with no sound or gameplay and the internet is still blowing up.

That's how much influence they have.
    Or that's how much of a life we don't have... :'[

Years
  • ...I think I would have taken 30 seconds of one of the player characters walking in a circle over what we actually got.

CoroCoro's supposed to be leaking soon, but after that I'm expecting them to just show stills of what we just saw. They're probably holding off on any major announcements until E3 next month.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
  • I cannot be the only one who is freaking annoyed by this ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ block of a teaser

Sorry, but that was some bull-it. May as well have just waited till E3 so we could get a REAL sneak peek :/

Aw, I was hoping for a bit more than just a cutscene of Groudon and Kyogre coming out of the Seafloor Cavern and changing Hoenn's weather.....

Why are people complaining about the footage shown? We saw the majority of the Hoenn region - water! :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Why are people complaining about the footage shown? We saw the majority of the Hoenn region - water! :)
    Because we wanted to see some actual gameplay footage. We already know that the games take place in Hoenn and has Groudon/Kyogre in it. And that Hoenn has a crap load of water. We want some info about what is new about the games and what is/is not included in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back