• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange is the New Black Season 2

Sir Codin

I tried watching that series, but it has a fatal flaw and that flaw is Piper. She's hot and all, but whenever she opens her mouth, she says things or does things that just makes me scream at the screen "for the love of God and for the sake of your health, please shut up!"
    Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and quit watching.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I tried watching that series, but it has a fatal flaw and that flaw is Piper. She's hot and all, but whenever she opens her mouth, she says things or does things that just makes me scream at the screen "for the love of God and for the sake of your health, please shut up!"
    Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and quit watching.

If you give it more of a chance than Piper being ignorant to prison life, which is understandable given her situation, then you'd fine the show is very worth your time. Even the second season remedies that "fatal flaw" since Piper's been steeled by her experiences in prison.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Loved the second season. I really like the slow evolution this season of bringing more of the other girls in the prison to the forefront. I like the idea that the show can survive with more than Piper, while also giving her story some focus.

I hope they work on the flashbacks for the third season. I suppose they're just showing the lives of the women, but sometimes they jumble up a bit and it sort of...seems pointless.

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    Season 2 for me was very good! I think I preferred it to the first season a lot because Nicky is my favorite character and she had a really great arc in this season. It was really nice to see some conflict come back to the girls, too, and seeing an entirely different side of Pennsatucky was fun as well u.u

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • I like it a bit. I've seen every episode. I don't think it's written that great, though. The non-white minority characters don't talk like real people; half the romances feel flat such as Daya+Bennet and Larry+that one chick which just seemed random more than anything else; Vee was just such a comic book villain; but I do hear that it gets the prison experience more or less correct.

Years
  • I like it a bit. I've seen every episode. I don't think it's written that great, though. The non-white minority characters don't talk like real people; half the romances feel flat such as Daya+Bennet and Larry+that one chick which just seemed random more than anything else; Vee was just such a comic book villain; but I do hear that it gets the prison experience more or less correct.

I would say that the writing is fine, though I know what you mean about the relationships. There are too many to be explored throughout the show. Like, as soon as Daya became pregnant, the relationship with Bennett just seemed stupid.

Back