• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?

I actually think I only went in the safari zone once and caught nothing in it.

Years
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    The first Pokemon I Mega Evolved was probably the event shiny Metagross that you get. God I love that thing. It's such a powerhouse.

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Actually yes. I'm trying to complete the Pokedex so the Safari Zone was a great help to me. ~70 Pokemon more to go actually!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

Yeah I caught some Pokemon. They all ended up getting dumped into the boxes. Too bad it's not the same Safari Zone as the originals. I really like the Safari Zone mechanics. :c

Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

Unfortunately not, because I didn't have time to go and get them until the day after.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?

Didn't really have a proper reason, I just picked one lol.

3. What did you nickname your starter?

Had to dig really deep into this section to find this, but I nicknamed my starter PersonalFowl.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?

No, because I was never really into the contests.

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?

Mach Bike 'cause GOTTA GO FAST!!!

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?

I believe it was on Route 117, but I'm not 100% sure.

Blaziken, because Mega Blaziken is extremely overpowered.

Yes, but only for Pokedex purposes.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Sadly no, I was dead set on making it though the game. I since have gone back and played around with it though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I have caught a few of them, even though I didn't use it as part of my team as of yet.

Years
    5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?

I think I went with the Acro bike.

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?

My first one was where you're introduced to them, later I moved to the one by the stairs by the Safari Zone and stayed there for a good while until settling into the Secret Islet.

I think it was Sceptile, my starter.

I'm not entirely sure! I know I was in a rush to get on with the story and get to all the towns/cities at that point. I've certainly caught a lot there since completing the story!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Yeah I caught some Pokemon. They all ended up getting dumped into the boxes. Too bad it's not the same Safari Zone as the originals. I really like the Safari Zone mechanics. :c

Yea, I miss the old mechanics too, with the Pokeblocks and all :c I seriously wish they had kept them haha.

Question #9!

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I keep it temporarily, then boxed it afterwards.

Years

No, because my team was already full, so they were just permanently sent to my PC.

Years

I think I sent Kyogre to the PC immediately, because I had a full team when I caught it.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Nope, I don't use legendaries and I already had a team of 6 at that point.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Initially, no. My team was full at that point (which is usually the case, the mascot legendary is always caught pretty late in the game). I then put Kyogre into my team for a while after the Delta Episode since I no longer had to keep around the 6 I was using before for post-game purposes (I transferred stuff from XY via the Bank at that point so I had all my stuff on ORAS). Part of why I put it in was because surfing diving on Kyogre is kinda cool, and I wanted to see how Primal Kyogre worked out in battle.

Now it's back in the box, but that's because I mostly spend my time on ORAS breeding these days.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Nope. I didn't like the new mechanics and it sort of turned me away :c
    Nope! I have a unspoken rule which states that I cannot use legendary Pokemon in my in-game teams :p

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years

No. In fact, I didn't catch any Pokemon in the game for my team; I bred them all in Y and then transferred them over to OR/AS via PokeBank :-P

Nope. I'm not against using legendaries in in-game teams, but at that time I had 6 Pokemon already and all of them were higher leveled, so there was really no benefit to boxing a team member and using Groudon instead.

Years

No, heck I didn't even catch Groudon until over a month after I beat the game. I knocked it out first time. But I did EV train it up to have something cool to use, just because.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    6.Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    From my Ruby experience, I would pick my favorite one which is the tree on the left side surrounded by water in Route 114.

Don't know since I don't have the game yet, probably Blaziken or Sceptile at this point.

Probably 1-2 based on my Ruby (GBA) playthrough.

I planned to never do so since I want to make it a tradition not to have Legendary Pokemon on my team, unless I wanted to go back to my old team which requires Groudon to do so.

Back