• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original 151 Team - Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
    Years
    Hey guys, I am kicking it old school. I have always enjoyed my Pokemon Blue over a lot of the other releases. I am currently play Platinum (waiting for Soul Silver) and want you to take a look at my team. I decided to keep my team old school and use Pokemon #1 to #151.

---
    EDIT - New Moves
    ---

SNORLAX
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Selfdestruct

Leftovers / Thick Fat / Adamant
    Atk 252 / HP 6 / Sp. Def 252

GENGAR
    Substitute
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis

Leftovers / Levitate / Timid
    Sp. Atk 252 / Spe 252 / HP 6

RAICHU
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast

Choice Specs / Static / Timid
    HP 6 / Spe 252 / Sp. Atk 252

VENUSAUR
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb

Leftovers / Overgrow / Bold
    HP 252 / Def 6 / Sp. Def 252

BLASTOISE
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

Leftovers / Torrent / Bold
    HP 252 / Def 252 / Sp. Atk 6

CHARIZARD

Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Roost

Life Orb / Blaze / Adamant
    HP 252 / Spe 6 / Sp. Def 252

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No no no! Snorlax doesn't want Psychic. Un-STAB Psychic is pretty much useless. Gengar doesn't want Physical moves like Sucker Punch. Get rid of Hyper Beam on Raichu it's set-up fodder for your opponent only Porygon-Z can pull that off and even on that it's still set-up fodder the same goes for Giga Impact on Snorlax. Pretty much using EQ on Pokemon with Special attackers is bad unless they're a suitable mixed sweeper Earth Power is the Special equivalent of EQ. Also without any Rapid Spin support you can forget about using Charizard.

Also a sweeper wants to be EV'd in Attack or Special Attack depending on what end of the spectrum it attacks from usually and in Speed. There are some exceptions to this so check Smogon before you decide to use any certain Pokemon. You also failed to provide Your Pokemon's specific EV spread, their natures, and a brief description of what they do on the team. We need that info to give you a proper rate.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ill give you 24 hours to actually be specific with the evs because that is kinda important. "ev'd in def and hp" could mean ANYTHING. So yeah get that done for me and i wont have to lock this.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Well, your going to want entry hazards so that you can help with sweeping. And, also, what natures do you have on all your pokemon? It makes big difference.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey guys, I am kicking it old school. I have always enjoyed my Pokemon Blue over a lot of the other releases. I am currently play Platinum (waiting for Soul Silver) and want you to take a look at my team. I decided to keep my team old school and use Pokemon #1 to #151.

---
    EDIT - New Moves
    ---

SNORLAX
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Selfdestruct
    Leftovers / Thick Fat / Adamant
    Atk 252 / HP 6 / Sp. Def 252

Good, just this doesn't make a good lead to be honest.

GENGAR
    Substitute
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis / Hidden Power Fire
    Leftovers / Levitate / Timid
    Sp. Atk 252 / Spe 252 / HP 6

Hypnosis' accuracy is pretty shaky, but I guess.

RAICHU
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast
    Choice Specs / Static / Timid
    HP 6 / Spe 252 / Sp. Atk 252

I would say outclassed by Jolteon, Zapdos, and the like but Raichu is able to kill Tyranitar with Focus Blast.

VENUSAUR
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Leftovers / Overgrow / Bold
    HP 252 / Def 6 / Sp. Def 252

If this works.

BLASTOISE
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic / Foresight
    Ice Beam / Foresight

Foresight to ensure that you get to spin rocks because Rotom-A can be a big pain.

CHARIZARD
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Roost
    Life Orb / Blaze / Adamant
    HP 252 / Spe 252 / Sp. Def 4

Most special moves will do tons to you anyway (see: Water, Electric, Dragon, etc), and Charizard really needs the speed if he wants to sweep. Charizard doesn't have the typing to be a good bulky set up sweeper.
    Comments in bold ↑, couldn't find much moveset errors so that's good.

Also, you might want a Stealth Rock user to stop Gyarados and Salamence (both of which tear apart your team).

Might come back for a threat check if I'm not too busy.

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
    Years
    Comments in bold ↑, couldn't find much moveset errors so that's good.

Also, you might want a Stealth Rock user to stop Gyarados and Salamence (both of which tear apart your team).

Might come back for a threat check if I'm not too busy.

Interesting, I see what you mean.
    I will make most of your changes!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Stealth Rock is absolutely necessary. It keeps the metagames top threats from swicthing in too freely. Your Charizard loses 50% of it's HP each time it switches into Stealth Rock which is why you need a Rapid Spinner if you wish on using it.

Snorlax wants Curse somewhere probably. Choice Specs would be a good item for because Gengar is a bit frail more so on the Physical side but you wouldn't run Sub on that kind of set.

Another option for Charizard is Belly Drum but that takes mighty good prediction to pull off.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Your Charizard loses 50% of it's HP each time it switches into Stealth Rock which is why you need a Rapid Spinner if you wish on using it.
    BLASTOISE
    Surf
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

What's this then?

Snorlax wants Curse somewhere probably.

Not every Snorlax needs Curse to be effective.

Choice Specs would be a good item for because Gengar is a bit frail more so on the Physical side.
    Choice Specs Gengar sucks now mainly because of Pursuit users being everywhere, and in general Life Orb / Leftovers Sub is much better. It can be used, it just really isn't that viable.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    My original 151 line up was made up of the level 100 super Pokemon of this generation before the battery died.

Pokemon Red

Mew
    Mewtwo
    Dragonite
    Moltres
    Articuno
    Zapados

This line up was bad against a ghost/anti-flying line up but it was very powerful and I did not loose a battle. It was a bit cheap though as it had the strongest pokemon in the game.

I still have my yellow version working and I restarted it. Now I got.

Level 36 - Pikachu
    Level 36 - Charizard
    Level 27 - Mew
    Level 35 - Kangaskhan
    Level 31 - Snorlax
    Level 25 - Pidgeotto

I like the line up but I hope to replace Pidgeotto with Moltres before the pokemon league.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Damn dude this thread is almost a year old... o.o

Please don't revive threads over a month old, thanks. Check out the In-Game forum if you want to post your team and get some feedback.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back