• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Animal Crossing

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    So, my mom's been playing Animal Crossing for Gamecube alot lately, and she sucked me into playing again too, and it's easy to forget how much fun it is. I was wondering if anyone else still played the original?

I've played City Folk briefly, and played Wild World a bit more cos my neice let me borrow it and I want to get it for my DS, but I still think the original is the best of the series. :)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I do sometimes! The graphics aren't as awesome, acre loading times suck, and writing a letter gives you reptitive strain injury, but it has a charm the other two games, while awesome, just can't replicate. I think part of that is the traditional events. Little details too, like the journals, SNES, etc. The scope of the towns just felt huge, especially with the island. Too cute!

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I do sometimes! The graphics aren't as awesome, acre loading times suck, and writing a letter gives you reptitive strain injury, but it has a charm the other two games, while awesome, just can't replicate. I think part of that is the traditional events. Little details too, like the journals, SNES, etc. The scope of the towns just felt huge, especially with the island. Too cute!

Yaaay! I'm not alone!! lol. I always hated writing letters on there, and the lag does get annoying, but I just love it so much. I agree about the charm is has too...I just find it so endearing, lol.

lugiapkm611

The Healing Waters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Animal Crossing City Folk Can i go to your town?

Titile pretty much says it all. Can I come to your town?
    My FC is 5027-9368-3552
    I dont have wiispeak

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The "original" (although, really that'd be on the N64 in Japan) holds a special place in my gaming heart. I was addicted to Animal Crossing. It was a terrific game. Just the right amount of stuff to do and collect.

The series died for me with Wild World and then was buried in concrete with City Folk. The series didn't advance. It didn't change for the better.

The graphics got a little polished, but that's it. The tasks felt more repetitive, less personable, and with less choices. A lot of recognizable holidays are gone. And it just got boring :(

Back