• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Osama Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda mastermind, killed in Pakistan

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

• It's not disrespect at all. The government tends to use the transliterated Usama, while the public is more partial to Osama. His name was in Arabic and there's no exact translation.

Although earlier Fox was saying "Usama bin Landen death confrimed"...it was a bit amusing. :x

Oh, I see, thanks for clarifying. It was puzzling me a bit, because they're the only ones I've seen to use that name transliteration. LOL at the second part, though. :<

I think a quote that appeared on my Twitter feed best describes how I feel:

"It's a proud day in the war on terror. Many brave soldiers made the ultimate sacrifice in the hopes of what happened tonight."

USA! USA! USA!

This. May those soldiers' souls whose efforts were dedicated to upholding justice rest in perfect peace.

And surprisingly, these recent tidings are having a profound effect on gas prices, of all things: https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_as/oil_prices

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • No ****? Of course the freaking war isn't over. If anything (And this is very likely) it will only further agitate Al Qaeda into more attacks and obviously continuing the war.
    That what I think will happen too...sigh I sure hope that having Osama around isn't better than what's to follow...wonder who will gain control of Al Qaeda...

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • Terror experts are saying that their leader is dead, so the will begin plotting a attack. Obvious move, but watch out guys.

I recently researched Al-Queda for a school assignment and it turns out that his popularity and authority was sliding. It was made that eairler this year Bin Laden didn't have to authorise a attack before it was carried out.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Terror experts are saying that their leader is dead, so the will begin plotting a attack. Obvious move, but watch out guys.

I recently researched Al-Queda for a school assignment and it turns out that his popularity and authority was sliding. It was made that eairler this year Bin Laden didn't have to authorise a attack before it was carried out.
    Ayup, I sense some serious stuff going down soon. This was so damn predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • "On May 1st, 1945, Hitler was confirmed dead. On May 1st, 2011 Bin Laden was confirmed dead..."
    I thought that was interesting. .-.

Go USA!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "On May 1st, 1945, Hitler was confirmed dead. On May 1st, 2011 Bin Laden was confirmed dead..."
    I thought that was interesting. .-.

Go USA!
    Another interesting coincidence: George W. Bush delivered his "Mission Accomplished" speech aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003. How remarkably appropriate that I post this, then:

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • I found out about this after my dad tuned in to some joke news channel with the headlines "USAMA BIN LADEN DEAD" Seriously. We just tuned to CNN to find out this was true XD

The typical American would be happy, but as Mexican, what my dad thinks:

'You gringos are idiots, you should have captured him'

They couldn't risk it, if he had have escaped, it would have been disastrous.
    Personally, I am thrilled to hear the news, but fearful of any consequences this assassination may have.

#Osama bin Laden was shot in the head, congressional source says https://on.cnn.com/k6b6tS

And apparently he did the whole "Last man standing" bit too according to Jake Tapper on ABC.
    That dog even used a human shield, how long can you get.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I found out about this after my dad tuned in to some joke news channel with the headlines "USAMA BIN LADEN DEAD" Seriously. We just tuned to CNN to find out this was true XD

The typical American would be happy, but as Mexican, what my dad thinks:

'You gringos are idiots, you should have captured him'

"Why did we kill Osama Bin Laden?"

"Because he needed to die. You see, we hunted him, because we knew he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

And that Joke News Channel you were talking about...is it Fox News? xP

Years
  • Interesting research by Gateway Pundit.

Gateway Pundit said:
    Osama's compound was across the street from a police station and a Pakistani government graduate college.

Osama bin Laden's compound was 8 times as big as any structure in the area. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

Notice the college across the street.

https://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork....-laden-was-killed-in-pakistani-military-town/

I don't think it was too much of a stretch to say that not only Paikstan knew, but they may have been protecting him.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Almost 10 years after the atrocities in New York and Washington DC, Osama Bin Laden is finally dead. But I was also wondering if the US army killed only a double/stand-in and not the real Bin Laden.
    Never thought he'd be hiding in a mansion of all places.

This reminds me of the most dangerous hiding place is the safest hiding place. Few people would expect to find Osama Bin Laden hiding in a mansion right?

I think that capturing him would be endangering more people; al Qaeda could have began capturing or killing Americans for his release. Sure, this could create a stir and more attacks might be attempted to avenge him, but I think killing him was the better of two options here.

Yeah, if Osama got captured alive, Al-Qaeda would quite likely resort to dirty tactics to get him released. BTW, even if he were brought back to the USA for trial, I've got a feeling that a mob is waiting to lynch him the moment he touches down at the airport.

The ones that should get all the praise is the military and the intel people of all nations working together to catch Bin Laden. The US was the one attacked on 9/11, and the US was the ones who killed him, but there was lots of people over lots of nations involved over the years. Congrats to all of them to who took part in bringing Bin Laden to justice.

Yes, there was alot of toil in finding Osama Bin Laden. He was so slippery that he managed to evade capture for almost 10 years. Thumbs up to the intelligence agencies and military who helped in Osama's demise.

Last edited:

Arlen

I heart ROBOT
    Years
  • After this article spreads on the internet:

https://www.stansberryresearch.com/pr...VD/PPSIM373/PR

After Obama's approval rate in congress is down to nine percent.

After his overall ratings are dropping to near low.

After a scratchy birth certificate is released out of the blue.

And we're also nearing election aren't we?

He comes out and declares Osama is dead and that they've made a huge dint on the War on Terror with another propaganda speech that is identical to Bush's.

Am I the only one?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I will post what I said on facebook.

I understand that people are happy Osama is dead, but at the same time I feel celebrating someone being killed is wrong. I am relieved that he is dead, yes, but at the same time, I'm not happy that someone was murdered, nor am I happy that people are celebrating it. I understand all the horrendous things he did, but that really doesn't change my opinion. Celebrating someone being killed isn't right in my opinion.

Honestly, I understand what people are feeling, but I have my own opinions.

Years
  • Interesting research by Gateway Pundit.

https://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork....-laden-was-killed-in-pakistani-military-town/

I don't think it was too much of a stretch to say that not only Pakistan knew, but they may have been protecting him.
    Well, I'm pretty sure that the government or at least the ISI knew of his whereabouts. Maybe they were protecting them in order to continuously receive foreign aid? That makes me wonder whether military aid to Pakistan would be stopped or not. :\

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ummm...I'm happy that he's dead, as he's a terrorist and I'm a bloodthirsty git :P

However, isn't this just going to make him into a martyr, and encourage more terrorists? Honestly, I do believe this is one of those victories that leads to more bad than good. Like the Treaty of Versailles and WWI (which indirectly gave Hitler power and caused WWII).

Still, like that CIA guy in the Simpsons Movie says: "We actually found someone we're looking for!" - good on you America, you're now equal to a yellow fictional cartoon character :P

Back