• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oshawott and or Axew to Evolve?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • As of now these two seem to be the ones that seem to be the main pokes in Group Oshawott definitely when it comes to personality. And Axew always seems to be outside of its ball like Pikachu.

• Will Oshawott and or Axew evolve?

• Will one of them evolve if so which one and will it reach it's final stage if it does?

• Would you like to see either of them evolve why or why not.
    • Do you see either of them evolving any time soon?

Will Oshawott and or Axew evolve?

I really hope we finally get to see one of Ash Water starters evolve it seems we are over do a Water Starter Evolution from Ash. Axew has the ambition to become a Haxorus so I don't see why it can't. It already mastered Dragon Rage, so the sky is the limit with this little thing(although I would love too see Haxorus try and fit in Iris hair.)

Will one of them evolve if so which one and will it reach it's final stage if it does?
    I think they will both evolve, and if one was too reach its final I would see Axew being more likely of that.

Would you like to see either of them evolve why or why not?
    Yes, I don't want to have another case of an annoying Piplup to deal with for a whole region.

Do you see either of them evolving any time soon?

I see Oshawott evolving into Dewott maybe 20 or so episodes from now. Axew will probably evolve around the middle of the Saga into Fraxure, then evolve them at the 8th Gym(pending Ash faces her there or if he faces Drayden.

Years
    Got to agree with you about Oshawott, an evolved water starter of Ash's, would be nice. I don't think Axew will evolve, it just seems so content in its current form. For all we know, Iris could also have some other powerful Pokemon, back at her gym.

Will one of them evolve if so which one and will it reach it's final stage if it does?
    Nope, I just don't see Ash with a Samurott, or Iris's Axew becoming a Haxorus.

Oshawott, for reasons stated above.

Maybe Oshawott will evolve soon? I'm not sure, to be honest.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'd like to think they both shall at least once, but knowing Ash, Oshawott won't evolve. Iris still has hope though!

I'd like it if Axew evolved to it's final stage. I think Iris has alot of potential as a trainer (or whatever she is).

Would you like to see either of them evolve why or why not.
    Both of 'em yes. But moreso Axew.

Oshawott maybe, Ash does use it often in battles. Axew, doubtful as it doesn't have much battle experience.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    • Will Oshawott and or Axew evolve?: I'd like to see at least one of them evolve.

• Will one of them evolve if so which one and will it reach it's final stage if it does?: I only see Axew evolving all the way to Haxorus towards the end of the series. That was its dream, wasn't it? Ash's Water Pokemon haven't evolved since Kingler in the Indigo League, and I think Oshawott will stay as it is for the rest of the saga, though it would be nice if it made it to Dewott later on.

• Would you like to see either of them evolve why or why not: See above answer.
    • Do you see either of them evolving any time soon?: It's too early for them to evolve right at this moment.

Years
    Even though I personally want Oshawott to evolve, I have a feeling that it wouldn't happen. I love Oshawott's nature and fear that it might lose it upon evolving. I mean, I hope it doesn't go all serious upon evolving. ;-; As for Axew, I think it wouldn't evolve. It's somewhat like Iris' signature Pokemon in the Anime, being out of the Pokeball for large amounts of time. It wouldn't be able to leap into Iris' hair if it evolves too. xD But the episode with Axew trying to perfect Dragon Rage made me feel that it might just evolve sometime in the future.

I think neither of the two would evolve but if one had to, it would be Oshawott.

Nope, I don't think they would evolve anytime soon keeping in mind the movie posters and other stuff.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years

Yeah, I think they both will. Axew will eventually become it's final evolution in my opinion, but that will depend on how long the series will be.

I believe Axew will reach it's final stage, but not Oshawott. I think he'll go to it's second stage, as it seems to have a personality that lower staged Pokémon tend to have. I think if it goes to it's final stage, it'll lose it's charm and the writers would want to keep it like that.

I honestly don't mind, I like Axew as it is. Oshowatt I don't really care for, as it gets on my nerves.

Do you see either of them evolving any time soon

No. I think if any Pokémon would evolve soon, it'd be Ash's Tepig.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    -I don't think Oshawott would evolve. As much as a lot of people would want Oshawott to evolve; I'm hopping that it doesn't(Better explanation for the third question) and I could actually see Axew evolving since Axew wants to evolve. In episode 6 of the Dream Yard, Axew had a dream about wanting to evolve to it's final stage so it'll most likely happen later on during the episodes.

-Defiantly Axew. Like I stated before; Axew had a dream about wanting to evolve into it's final stage. I don't think Oshawott will evolve.

-I would like to see Axew evolve to it's final stage. Axew isn't that bad but the only moves it knows so far is Scratch and Dragon Sneeze Dragon Rage. Evolving into it's final form would actually get Axew better with battling. I don't see Oshawott evolving. It might be like how Piplup was with Dawn but in a different way. I know a lot of people was upset for Piplup not evolving but I wouldn't mind Oshawott not evolving. It'll probably show Ash that he is strong enough to take on the other Pokemon without having to evolve. Besides; Oshawott is so cute!

-The show is still new; I don't really see any of the main Pokemon evolving until later on; maybe around the time when Ash is about to get his 5th gym badge. I know that's a long ways away but it took a while for his main Pokemon in DP to evolve.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Will Oshawott and or Axew evolve?
    I'm all up for both Pokémon to evolve to be honest. Axew already wants to evolve anyway, Iris' goal is to do so as well. As for Oshawott, it doesn't seem to give off any hint showing it wants or doesn't want to evolve.

Although it is Iris and Axew's ambition and goal, I can see it turning out that Axew will decide that it doesn't want to evolve - it could master another move and think it's strong enough already and doesn't need to, though theres a low chance in that theory xD.
    As for Oshawott, I would like it to reach evolve and eventually reach it's final form, as Ash hasn't really gottten to evolving any of his other water starters, and honestly - Ash with a Samurott would be epic.

As stated in the other questions, yes I would like both of them to evolve

It wouldn't really be any time too soon, considering most of the movie posters that have been released, but I can see it eventually.

I have a little theory, that when Ash gets to his 8th gym, Iris will battle Ash and it will probably be Ash's Scrafty (if scraggy evolves) against Iris's Fraxure (assuming it evolves, and seeing as I don't think it will evolve into Haxorus for quite a long time). :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I just have this feeling Axew will evolve before Oshawott does. To be honest, I don't want that sweet, cuddly little Oshie to evolve yet. I feel it's too soon.

I'm pretty sure Axew has the potential to reach its final stage (a Haxorous, I believe). Iris just needs to train it better.

For Axew, yes. Hopefully in the middle of B/W. For Oshawott, I just don't know! I don't want it to evolve yet!

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I don't know why but since the series started and Ash obtained Oshawott, I've always seen him with a Dewott. I think Oshawott's voice is really irritating but Dewott seems pretty cool what I've seen. I'd love if he evolved it to its second stage.

Axew, I'm not sure about. I do see a strong possibility especially since he obviously desires to evolve but since stays outside of his Poké Ball and in Iris's hair, I don't think it will happen for a while. Like it was said by someone else, maybe at the end of this "trial" at the final gym.

I'd prefer neither to reach their final stage but if any of them do, for some reason, I think it will be Axew.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see them both at their second stage. I'm not a fan of Samurott, and though I quite like Haxorus, it would be strange to see Iris with one, especially since Axew has a big enough part in animé. She could hardly continue to keep him out of his Poké Ball but who knows?

I can see Oshawott evolving fairly soon, especially since the animé have already showed Dewott in the early episodes. Axew would probably evolve later in the series, probably around the final gym where Iris returns to her home town if not a little before.

Years
  • Will Oshawott and/or Axew evolve? Well, I probably see Ash with a Dewott in my opinion because none of Ash's Water-type starters have ever evolved. I just hope Oshawott can break this drought.

As for Axew, It's Iris's signature Pokemon so I don't see it evolving until the 8th Gym at least.

Will one of them evolve and if so which one will reach it's final stage before the other? Possibly Oshawott, I just want Ash's "not-evolving-Water-starter" drought finally broken. Ash with a Samurott would look cool. I don't see Axew evolving for quite some time until Opelucid City plus it wouldn't be able to travel in Iris's hair she'll need a Poke Ball once Axew evolves.

Do you see them evolving soon? I think Oshawott, I just think that Iris will take a long time to evolve that Axew all the way to Haxorus.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • i think that axew might evolve if they make the season go on like dp did.

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
    Awex's shown a desire to evolve, so to me it's obvious that it will. Oshawott may or may not . . .

I'd like to see Axew as Haxorus, but at the rate Iris's is going . . . she'll be lucky to get a Fraxure. As for Oshawott, I see it evolving ONCE.

If it was up to me, Iris would have Axew as Axew, but I can't see that actually happening, so I'm pushing for Haxorus. Oshawott . . . I hate samurott, so I'd hate to see it become Samurott. I'd be happy with just Oshawott, but like Axew, I can't see that happening, so I guess I wouldn't mind Dewott. Also, I don't like the idea of it loosing its shell as Samurott.

If Iris doesn't start battling with Axew, no. If she starts some serious training now, I could see her with Fraxure by the league. Oshawott could evolve about half-way through the series.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Axew has already shown interest in reaching it final stage. Add that with Iris' goal in the show, and I'd say it's very likely that Axew will evolve. As for Oshawott, there hasn't been any signs that he wants to evolve or even if he will. He's getting stronger, that we know, but even with that being said, I'd say it's possible.

This is me wishful thinking, but I'm really hoping Oshawott is the starter that reaches his final stage. To be honest, I think the writers can manage this and still keep that personality we all --- or most of us --- love so much. Like I said for Axew though, I can see it reaching its final stage. If anything, it will get there by the time Iris finally decides to leave the group.

I don't see any of them evolving any time soon, considering they both have so much more to learn and grow, but I would like to see them both evolve at one point or another. It'll be interesting to have a Pokémon like Haxure and Samurott on the main cast.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't want Axew to because it's so cute as it is. But after using Haxorus, I can see why it should evolve. Oshawott should evolve, and don't see a reason for it being as it is or being Dewott. Seeing it's transformation to become the Dignity Pokemon will make a good storyline.

Axew will most likely evolve and reach it's final stage since that's what Iris was given it for. It won't be nice to see her fail. I also think Oshawott will reach its final stage, like I said earlier, to become more dignified.

Would you like to see either of them evolve? Why or why not?
    I want to see Oshawott evolve over Axew. Oshawott needs to grow up whereas Axew is so cute as it is =3

No. It'll take a while for both of them to reach their first stages seeing as Oshawott's Ash's cute Pokemon and Axew seems like a hard one to train.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • As for Oshawott, I see an evolution very soon, but she will stay in its second stage, which isn't bad. Instead, for Axew, I see an evolution in 10-15 episodes, then he will evolve into his final stage when Ash & Co. are about to arrive in Opelucid City, or maybe during an hypotetic Gym badge match between Ash and Iris.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I actually think that Axew will evolve, especially since it had that dream about evolving in the episode with Munna and Musharna. Plus Axew was given to Iris so she could raise it and I just think both Iris and Axew won't be really pleased with themselves until Axew does evolve, at least once. In the games it takes a while for dragon-types to fully evolve though, so maybe in the anime Axew will only evolve once while Iris is travelling with Ash and the rest is up to our imagination.

I don't really know about Oshawott, I hope he evolves because right now he's kind of clumsy and not too great at battling. He's not bad, but not really good either. Of course he would improve over the course of the anime even if he doesn't evolve, but I think if he does evolve, he'll just be a bit more bad-ass and mature rather than clumsy and silly the way he is now.

Well I kind of answered this in the first question. I think Axew will evolve at least once while Best Wishes is airing, if not twice, just because I believe that Axew wants to evolve after having that dream about evolving. I don't know for sure if Oshawott will evolve, but I could see him evolving all the way if he does.

The only reason I could see Axew not evolving is because he's always out of his PokeBall, the way Pikachu is and how Piplup was as well, and neither of them evolved. If Axew evolved it won't be cute and little and might not be able to travel outside anymore.

Haha, I kind of answered this one too. I'd like to see both of them evolve at least once. Axew because I think it wants to and I don't think Iris will be happy with her raising of it until he does evolve at least once. Oshawott I want to see evolved because I think it'll be a better battler for Ash if he does. Plus, honestly, Oshawott's personality kind of bugs me right now. I find him annoying. If he evolves, he may act a little different (more mature like I said before) and hopefully wouldn't be as annoying.

Hmm, I dunno. I could see Oshawott evolving more around now rather than Axew. If Axew evolves I think they'll wait until almost the end of Best Wishes for it to evolve. I could definitely see Oshawott evolving soon though, Ash's Pokemon just seem to evolve pretty quickly if they're going to.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
    • Will Oshawott and or Axew evolve?: I don't think Axew will, but Oshawott should evolve one stage.
    • Will one of them evolve if so which one and will it reach it's final stage if it does?: I think neither will reach their final stage, with Oshawott only evolving once. Despite Axew's dream, I still think that it won't evolove throughout the entire series, so it's in the same boat as Dawn's Piplup. I just can't see Iris with a Haxorus. While Oshawott should evolve at least once into Dwebble, Samurott is more of a "deep water" Pokemon, so it to travel on land would be meh for the series in my opinion.
    • Would you like to see either of them evolve why or why not: See above answer.
    • Do you see either of them evolving any time soon?: Oshawott (if it does evolve) will evolve sooner rather than later, but not for a while yet.

Back