• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other countries you would want to live in?

droomph

weeb
    Years
    SOOOOOO on the recommendation of the Great Overlord Netto Azure, we'll talk about prospective future homes!

Um, so where would you want to live, if given a choice? This can be anywhere from one place to a million. Just list 'em in the order you want them the most!

#1 Germany.

Seems like such a wonderful place (yeah!) and I can speak German, so it's somewhere I would want to go.

#2 Japan.

Love Japanese and if I go there I can get the Japanese release of games and actually understand them :P

#3 Sweden.

I love the language, but I would have a hard time to be there (cuz I don't know how to speak Swedish) but eventually it would get easier.

#4 Finland

HYVÄÄ YÖTÄ GUESS WHY

#5 Iceland

Ha, Daniel Tammet. You may be able to learn Iceland in 7 days but I can learn it in 6! Just without all the media coverage, etc. etc. bleh

#6 Russia

Apart from all the crap that's going on rn it seems like a wonderful place to live! Plus I know some russian phrases too and it seems like a pretty language :)

Years
    Imo I think any country would be somewhat enjoyable to live in. Even countries stricken with disaster or poverty, I could still see myself adapting to the lifestyle and enjoying whatever life throws at me. I think living in like a rain forest in Brazil would be cool.

But seriously Canada

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Italy would be my first choice, because I know some of the language as well as I am a HUGE FAN of the food. <3 Second choice would be England, because it's so beautiful and I love the weather over there (and I'm referring to the cloudy days and the rainfall xD)

I would say Mexico as well but seeing that I have lived there before it wouldn't count, but I wouldn't mind living there again.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Austria is the country I want to live in the most, I love the culture, scenery, and I do enjoy the German language which I can't speak yet.
    I wouldn't mind Spain because I love the Spanish weather, I speak a small amount of Spanish and I'd really like a Spanish boyfriend because Spaniards are hot :D oh god here i go on about the men again like normal

Ukraine would also be nice to live in. Just because it's Ukraine.

Years
    I'd want to live in Japan again. It's clean. The food is good. You got healthcare. I can find entertainment I like. It's pretty. Yeah. All the reasons point to there.

But I'd still be up for living in places in Europe, Australia, NZ, Canada and other developed countries. I really don't think I'd do well to live in a poor country even if I myself weren't living in poverty.

Er, so my numbers would be something like: 1) Japan 2) Canada 3) UK 4) France 5) Netherlands and I dunno where the rest would be.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'd move back to Canada; I really like it there~

Um.. other than that.. maybe Hong Kong or Singapore or something? Though I've never been! But.. the weather seems nice and they speak English there so.. it just sounds really nice!
    Not sure how much of an Animation industry is there though.

I am not sure if I would want to live in the States.. I find their lack of healthcare and their government/ economic issues to be a bit.. crazy.

I am also not sure about Australia because.. giant spiders : |

There are a bunch of other countries I would consider living in if not for the language barrier.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    The UK because I already know a lot about it and I really like the country (well, most of it), or Canada and Australia, because they are the two countries that resemble Europe the most in the world. If I'm going to be away from home, I want to feel as close as possible.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Team Canada, GO! I visited once and loved, loved, loved, the atmosphere of it.

Although, assuming language barriers wouldn't be an issue, I'd also consider:
    - Egypt
    - Spain
    - Mexico
    - Japan
    - China
    - Austria
    - England

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I would like to try to live in a lot of countries, I love travelling and all that stuff.
    I'd really like to live in Japan. This country has the best culture to my mind, japanese people are very nice, and respectful, contrary to many places in the world. The bad point is the nature hazards, that scare me a bit. But it seems to be a great place to live in.
    Then USA. The culture and mentality there seems to be a little special, I mean, compared from what I'm used to (with the food, the medias and so on), but I really want to try to live there. I've heard from friends (that, lucky, went to America) that it's a great place to party, and that people are kind and sociable. Plus, there are many things to do there, many places to discover.
    Finally Spain. I already went to Spain, twice, and I totally enjoyed it. People there are adorable. I loved the mentality. And, I love speaking spanish, even if I'm not especially good at it, so, it would be fun.
    I'd like to live in Sweden. For the tall blue-eyed blond-haired guys :pink_love: Well but that's not serious. I like the swedish language. And culture.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd live in Canada or the US because those are the countries I grew up in and I'm somewhat familiar with their cultures. If I could live somewhere else other than those two, I'd live in Japan because I've never been there before and I'm fascinated by its culture.

Years
    I would want to live in the US preferably New York. I live in the Bahamas now, but I have lots of family in that state. I also love the city life!

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    #1. Russia, I speak the language (To a reasonable degree, still learning) and know people from there.
    #2. China, I'm learning the language and love the culture.
    #3. Japan, my cousin lived there and loved it. Also have some friends from there.
    #4. Switzerland, Neutral!
    #5. Canada, similar to where I live now.

Figured I would copy and paste my list over to this thread. :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have no reasons for these other than because I like them so much, but I would move to somewhere in England, Ireland, Australia, or Canada.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    I've never been outside of the US's borders, but I've got quite a bit of family over in Ireland, so I might end up there someday. Canada and England are also possibilities, simply because I'm fascinated by both countries. I sort of...really want to see places outside of the US, haha.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    At the moment I love my life living in Seattle!! If I could get a chance to live in another country I would love to go to:

• Mexico, I have been to Leon, GTO where my grandma is from, where my mother and father are from. I was there for 2 weeks, and I had a great time, so much new culture for me. I loved Mexico.

• Tanzania, my main reason is that the Masai-Mara is there, my second favorite real-life animal, the cheetah, can be found there. I have seen lots of documentaries about Tanzania.

• Kenya, also the Masai-Mara is in Kenya, I have in another forum a friend from Kenya, so I have seen lots of photos my friend shared, and it looks beautiful.

• Korea Republic, I love the Korean culture, good food, I have a few Korean friends in other forums and facebook. I love love the Korean language. I don't mind learning some phrases in the language. I also seen lots of Korean language movies, and lots of photos online so it gives me an idea of how Korean every day life is like

and

• Japan. Main important reason: Poketto Monsutta, home of Pokemon. Aside from that, I'm learning their language slowly. I love watching Japanese animation (I love the emotion and enthusiasm they put into animation). I love their food. Sushi, Yakisoba, Dango, just to name a few. A lot of my favorite things in life are of Japanese origin. I'm also a huge fan of Japanese football team.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'd mostly just like to live in either England or America. That sounds lame, but I feel like Australia is just a small-time hybrid of both those countries... and I hate being small-time.

Outside of that, I'd go to their off-shoots, Scotland, Ireland, Wales or Canada. All of those seem like they'd be really awesome places to live, but don't get quite the coverage that England and America do so you can feel more original :P

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Argentina - It's a beautiful country, visited there for a week back in 08, loved every min of it.

Hong Kong - Really vibrant place, would like to explore the city first though (I've only been to the Airport)

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
    Years
    thats a tough one
    it's between Japan, Denmark, England and Scotland. all 4 are really neat countries, but its so hard to choose!
    out of all of them, i would want to live in Japan. i always wanted to explore Tokyo, mainly because im interested in the video games and its the birthplace of Pokemon!

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I'd visit nearly anywhere, but idk about living somewhere else. I used to not really mind, but I recently went to visit another country and it went horribly wrong and now I just have been going with the thought, "THERE'S PLENTY OF U.S. TO SEE!" Plus one of my dreams has been to visit Wyoming/Colorado/Arizona/Utah and see how I liked it out there. Mainly because it really is beautiful and the parts I would like to move to are really physically active areas which I would want to do lots of.

Back