• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Alomomola Team Help

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    I want to create a team centered around Alomomola and another wall. This is what I have been testing so far.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Mirror Coat
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    - Gyro Ball

Mawile @ Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Play Rough
    - Swords Dance

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - King's Shield
    - Sacred Sword
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 80 Def / 52 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Spikes
    - Taunt

Ferrothorn has not been very reliable, nor has Greninja. My team has a few problems. One is having 3 fire weaknesses. The other is that it has trouble with someone common Pokemon (Rotom-W, Boosters like Excadrill and Garchomp, Ferrothorn, quite a few physical attackers). How can I improve this team? I feel like Quagsire would be a good addition because of Unaware and resisting Rotom-W and things like Talonflame.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    On Alomomola i recommend dropping Protect. It doesnt need Protect at all imo. Alomomola isnt like other wishers in that it doesnt need to Protect to heal itself because of Regenerator being amazing. Id use Scald or Knock Off in that slot. Scald burs stuff and is the main reason you'd want it for for physical sweepers. Knock Off just screws around with teams that rely on items.

Rocky Helmet is also a fantastic item as that makes people shy away from hitting it with physical moves so get wasted by Mirror Coat.

It also wants max def > hp. This amplifies its walling potential better imo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Alomomola is not what I need help with. It's been doing great. It's the rest of the team that I need help with.

Years
  • Hey man, Alomomola is a great poke, nice choice to start a team with!

I don't think it needs magic coat however, as its main use was for countering Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S hazard leads, but those are banned now, so I reccomend using Scald instead. I've also got some EVs for Alomomola from a friend to maximize its bulk, allowing it to take both special and physical hits easily, basically making it very hard to OHKO, or KO in general.

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm nature
    - Scald
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Anyways I agree that the 3 steel types are a bit redundant, but this team actually doesn't appear to be weak to a whole lot. I think you might be able to cover more threats by running M Venusaur over Ferrothorn and replacing M Mawile with Clefable. Clefable and Aegislash combo [though I reccomend running 144 atk evs on Aegislash, as well as either Shadow Sneak or Flash Cannon over Sub, to better function offensively and break stall] will act as your stallbreakers in wake of replacing mawile. M Venusaur better covers Rotom and LO Thundurus [who could take out a few pokes with proper prediction, as it 2hkos aegis after SR] and strengthens your defenses vs almost every sweeper. You'll have to change assault vest to lefties and put SR on Land, though. Other than that I think the team would function a bit better this way, although it might open you up more to Land-I, although I think you could play around it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey man, Alomomola is a great poke, nice choice to start a team with!

I don't think it needs magic coat however, as its main use was for countering Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S hazard leads, but those are banned now, so I reccomend using Scald instead. I've also got some EVs for Alomomola from a friend to maximize its bulk, allowing it to take both special and physical hits easily, basically making it very hard to OHKO, or KO in general.

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm nature
    - Scald
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Anyways I agree that the 3 steel types are a bit redundant, but this team actually doesn't appear to be weak to a whole lot. I think you might be able to cover more threats by running M Venusaur over Ferrothorn and replacing M Mawile with Clefable. Clefable and Aegislash combo [though I reccomend running 144 atk evs on Aegislash, as well as either Shadow Sneak or Flash Cannon over Sub, to better function offensively and break stall] will act as your stallbreakers in wake of replacing mawile. M Venusaur better covers Rotom and LO Thundurus [who could take out a few pokes with proper prediction, as it 2hkos aegis after SR] and strengthens your defenses vs almost every sweeper. You'll have to change assault vest to lefties and put SR on Land, though. Other than that I think the team would function a bit better this way, although it might open you up more to Land-I, although I think you could play around it.
    SubToxic already lets Aegislash handle stall:
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 244 HP/12 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Leftovers

Here are better all-out attacking sets for Aegislash:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Pursuit
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    Item: Leftovers/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon/Pursuit
    -Sacred Sword
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Years
  • SubToxic already lets Aegislash handle stall:
    -Substitute
    -Toxic
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Leftovers
    I
    Here are better all-out attacking sets for Aegislash:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Pursuit
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    Item: Leftovers/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon/Pursuit
    -Sacred Sword
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Its a great stallbreaker without toxic, standard spookyplate offers a lot against any playstyle. The aeg lures in heatran, and comes in for free on most chansey, stall's 2 main answers to cm clef. I agree that if he runs into trouble with stall though then LO is worth a test ^_^

Back