• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Hyper-Offensive Team (Starring Whimsicott)

Years
    Hello, I have an OU team that I have had decent success but I have lost due to Hydro Miss and bad plays. I built this team so that I could use Whimsicott. Anyways, here is the team.

Birdemic (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

Talonflame has BB for nice priority and SD can make it become a win con in the right situation. Flare Blitz is coverage and Roost is to allow it to last longer. Overall, It has saved my ass a few times.

Just a Prank Bro (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - U-turn
    - Encore
    - Giga Drain
    - Tailwind

Whimsicott is surprisingly useful in this team. Encore is good for shutting down set-up and tailwind gives my team a nice speed boost. U-Turn allows Whimsicott to scout what the opponent does. Giga Drain does allow Whimsicott to stay on the field longer and it is STAB.

Afro Pony (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Icy Wind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Scald

Keldeo is my go-to sweeper it has Icy Wind for speed control and coverage and Hydro Miss is nice for dealing heavy damage even if it is unreliable. Secret Sword is nice STAB and hits physically and Scald is the more reliable version of Hydro Miss and it has a chance to weaken physical attackers.

Draco-Spam (Latios) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Roost
    - Defog

Latios is my damage nuke and defogger. Draco Meteor is for nuking any pokemon without good special defense and Psyshock is STAB that doesn't weaken my attacks power and hits specially defensive mon's physically. Roost is to last longer and Defog is hazard control.

Godzilla (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch

Tyranitar is my bulky pokemon and lead. Earthquake is coverage and SR is important on any team.
    Stone Edge and Crunch are STAB.

Soundwave (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt

Magnezone is the glue for my team and it can be useful in a lot of situations. Volt Switch is good for predicting switch ins and HP Fire is good for taking out other steel types. Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt is STAB.

Anyways, I hope you guys can give me advice on what could make this team better cause there is always room for improvement.

Years
    I don't have much advice really, but I will say you're misunderstanding how Psyshock works. It might inflict damage according to your opponents defence stat but your offensive power is still calculated from your Special Attack, so it's still weakened after Draco Meteor I'm pretty sure.

Back