• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team (Revised)

xxIGNorant

Lumiya's Royal Stormtrooper
    Years
    I followed some of your advice and this is what I came up with. Any further tips for this team will be greatly appreciated.

Deoxys-D (Lead)
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed/4 Def.
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Night Shade

Haven't changed a thing with this one. Still does the same job he always has.

Scrafty
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP/8 Attack/248 SpDef
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Dragon Tail
    - Rest

Although it pained me to do it, I replaced Bisharp. Battle-tested, this Scrafty has certainly proved its worth. This set allows me to rack up entry hazard damage, while allowing me to tank hits at the same time. Don't bother trying to status it; Rest and Shed Skin are at my disposal. Shares defensive synergy with Deoxys-D.

Scizor
    Item: Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 SpDef
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - SuperPower
    - Pursuit

With the removal of Heatran from this team, Scizor's job as being bait for fire attacks has been somewhat diminished. Most that Scizor can't take however, Scrafty and Gastrodon can switch into with aplomb due to their massive Sp. Defense and typing, respectively.

Gastrodon
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 SpDef
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

My switch-in to water attacks, and my replacement for Heatran. Even though Earth Power would normally be boosted by Storm Drain, I prefer Earthquake because it allows me to hit Tyranitar a lot harder. Toxic for opposing walls.

Zapdos
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 192 HP/60 Defense/252 Speed/4 SpAtk
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Bolt
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Roost

I got rid of Emolga (what was I thinking anyway?). I get to keep the same typing, which is good. This set allows me to surprise Gliscor and Landorus with HP Ice on the switch. Shares defensive synergy with Nidoking, in that he can take ground attacks aimed at it.

Nidoking
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force (DW)
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/4 HP/252 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - Earth Power

I found Nidoking too hard to replace, so I kept him. He has awesome coverage, and his decent speed allows him to heavily damage (or outright KO) a lot of would-be threats to this team.

Back