• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ouch.. Groudon..

Cookie-powa

Cookie Trainer
    Years
    Ok so the other day I bought PMD2. I completed PMD1 with ease, but I haven't played any type of Pokemon for a while so I'm pretty rusty.. and it showed as I kept getting knocked out in all sorts of dungeons. Anyway, I've made it to the expedition part, got through the first lot, I completed lower Steam Cave with ease, got to the middle and moved on.

It's too tough for me! It took me like five tries.. and eventually I got to the peak. Tried fighting Groudon, and failed..

Normally, I would knock out a legend in 5-10 hits, and I wouldn't use more than 1 oran berry.. but no. He just wouldn't faint.. and eventually he got me. I saved because I lvled up, I didn't think I'd lose much coz I had alot of stuff in my bag, but now, I've got no oran berries! I've got nothing good, I keep trying, and dieing, can't make it to groudon and If I did.. i'd die with lack of food.

I'm a Torchic Lvl 16, and partner Squirtle lvl 16 too. I remember back when I played PMD1 I would go on crater forums and always do rescues (which i don't know how to do anymore, and wonder mail, and ways to get items however you want..)

So, can you guys answer me a feq questions.. please?

1: How do I defeat Groudon?
    2: How do I get through the dungeon?
    3: It won't let me be rescued, it just takes me back to the middle of the dungeon.. is there a ways to get rescued..?
    4: What's wondermail? (sorry, im a big noob these days)
    5: How can I get Oran berries and reviver seeds? (i can't use storage at the last rock, i can only save)
    6: What do joy seeds do again? (i awlays used to make sure i had lots in pmd1, i cant remember why..)

I would REALLY appreciate if you guys could help me out as I'm getting no-where with my fruitless attempts and getting through the dungeon with lack of items. Thanks a bunch. :)

Darkrai Lv X

Sleep...Sleep...
    Years
    1: Kill him. DUH.(Nah.Who are you and your partner?)
    2; He is the last part.You beat him,you are done and see...a surprise.
    3: Nope.
    4: It allows you to exchange Job missions with others.
    5: Your only option is to leave the dungeon and go through others to get them.
    6: They raise your level by 1.You want Golden seeds,though. 5 LEVELS.

Google Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Wondermail generator.You should find it.Make the reward Golden seeds.Then enter the password in your game.You have to leave the dungeon,and it's kind of cheating,but oh well.

Cookie-powa

Cookie Trainer
    Years
    This has helped alot, thanks! However I still have one problem.
    Of course I'm gonna need oran berries, and as you said gold seeds. So I need to leave the dungeon? Well I went back and it took me to steam cave entrance, I tried going back further but I can't.. I take it is there is no way to leave the expedition and go get food and seeds from rescues?

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Well, when you have to battle some legandaries you're not allowed to go back.

Look around the dungeon for Gold seeds and Joy seeds, just look around. If you can't find any, at least while you're looking youd've gained experience anyway.

Just keep trying! :D

Cookie-powa

Cookie Trainer
    Years
    I sort of worked out my problem with storage, I could head back to the last kangashan rock. I took out aload of helpful things for stats like ginseng, life seed etc. I still have no oran berries in my storage, I'm fully out. I tried throwing vile seeds at him, iron thorns.. and a sleep seed. He's beat me three times.

I'll try what you said though. :) I'm determined.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Yeah! That's more like it! And, uh.. another tip. Don't think that you'll never do it, or you won't. Think positively, and you'll eventually win. I kept using Cyndaquil's smokescreen when I had to beat Groudon.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Try and get a damage dealing water move on squirtle, for Torchic... I'm not quite sure, but for both level up, I wasn't able to beat it til' Level 28

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Ah yes, this is the first battle where the Vile/Violent and Sleep/Stun Seed combo is needed. Seriously, you'll need these items to beat him. And if one of your Pokemon has a ranged attack, I advise you use it to its full potential and attack from afar.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    start by just pressing a, or use a violent seed (i love em!) then ur partner will move next to you and groudon will move in front of you. then throw gravelerocks, iron thorns, etc. til he's right in front of you. then attack him with linked moves, like scratch +bite (my combo) i beat him first time with meowth and pikachu.

Cookie-powa

Cookie Trainer
    Years
    I got a vile seed. Any good? My Pokemon are both level 20 now. Squirtle has bubble, this is ranged. I've got a large load of stuns and sleeps, tons of orans so I should do alot better now.

Squirtle also had rapid spin, will this do any good on Groudon?
    Also, I taught myself Rock Slide to myself, any advantages with these moves?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    the vile seed is good because if you throw it at groundon it minamiethe atk. and the sp.atk rock slide an rapid spin wont do much to groundon though

Back