• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our Wants, Wishes, & Suggestions For Nintendos Future of Pokemon ^_^

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I agree. I love HM Dive. That definitely should return in a Pokemon game.

I'd like to see the return of secret bases, but have the trainer located inside that owns it when you mix records. Just like how it was in RSE.

Heck yeah. All-Blissey teams would be excellent for training!

Pokemon Contests, new Poke Ball Seals (i.e., diamonds, feathers), and the Pokeathlon are a must for future Gens... And adding the Pokemon-following-you around like in Yellow and HGSS as a changeable option for future games... I wouldn't mind if the HGSS Overworld Pokemon sprites were reused...

I always wondered if Game Freak could have a game where you could go different routes, as in experience the different lives of Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, Photographer, or Ranger (but doing so would render the Ranger series redundant...).

As impractical as this is, I would love for Nintendo to have a contest or something where Fakemon could actually become official Pokemon (there are several examples on PokeCommunity [and a few on Smogon] that revolutionize what a Pokemon can be...)

Lastly, NO MORE EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Heck yeah. All-Blissey teams would be excellent for training!

Pokemon Contests, new Poke Ball Seals (i.e., diamonds, feathers), and the Pokeathlon are a must for future Gens... And adding the Pokemon-following-you around like in Yellow and HGSS as a changeable option for future games... I wouldn't mind if the HGSS Overworld Pokemon sprites were reused...

I always wondered if Game Freak could have a game where you could go different routes, as in experience the different lives of Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, Photographer, or Ranger (but doing so would render the Ranger series redundant...).

As impractical as this is, I would love for Nintendo to have a contest or something where Fakemon could actually become official Pokemon (there are several examples on PokeCommunity [and a few on Smogon] that revolutionize what a Pokemon can be...)

Lastly, NO MORE EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree 100% nintendo listen to the.... um i wasnt payin attention so um..... listen to them ya that works ^_^ *waves towards fenyx*

flavios

Lord of Fun
    Years
    I have to say i agree with everything everyone has said so far, and GF/Nintendo really need to allow us to do more. The idea of choosing which path to choose either good or evil, breeder, co-ordinator, etc would be so badass along with a fully customizable charecter.

I would totaly buy a whole new console just to see that happen. If nintendo ever done any of this it would take pokemon to a whole new level and they would never regret it and us the fans will never forget it.

Unfortunetly the ds probably wouldnt be able to handle so much and therefore they would have to most likely transfer it to the wii or something thus ending ds pokemon games T-T but i would love to see them try on the ds. Better than not trying at all rite :)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    they should copy yugioh who uses every language on their games& you can select which you want/need so we can get the games at the same time ^_^

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    Customizable trainers= Epic win.

That's all I want in the future, really. I don't have a Wii, so I can't play PBR.

Also, I like to have the same feature in the future with a Pokemon following you like in HG/SS. That would be epic.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Weather and Seasons
    Think about how brilliant that would be, imagine you've just beat the Elite four in the middle of December, you're warped back to your room and when you step outside its snowing, I think that'd be awesome, some Pokemon could also go into hibernation during the winter (or only come out in certain weather). There could be a giant festival that takes place during the summer, the ideas are endless. Even if they don't bring seasons into effect, I think they should definitely make the weather change, just to shake things up a bit.

Team Rocket
    Bring them back as a serious challenge (Could even call them The New Rocket Movement :D)

Eevee
    A ghost type Eeveelution, and how about a third stage evolution that all the Eeveelutions could evolve into? Think about it, say if you trade an Eeveelution holding a certain item, it could evolve into a normal type with a completely unpredictable moveset as it could know electric moves, fire moves, ice moves, psychic moves, the list goes on and on and on.

Customizable trainers= Epic win.

YES!
    Definitely =D

Nintendo, are you listening?

LordDarkrai

Gamer
    Years
    I want Nintendo to make a random battle section for future games just like in Battle Revolution, make your own trainers, and that you are able to travel to every place from the games.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    This is a stupid suggestion but I want mail that I can actually write messages in so the items aren't useless! With the whole wi-fi thing I was excited to send messages over the GTS but nooooo, the mail has to have a pre-set vocabulary.

Imagine getting a mudkip with mail attached and 'i herd u liek mudkipz' inside!

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    This is a stupid suggestion but I want mail that I can actually write messages in so the items aren't useless! With the whole wi-fi thing I was excited to send messages over the GTS but nooooo, the mail has to have a pre-set vocabulary.

Imagine getting a mudkip with mail attached and 'i herd u liek mudkipz' inside!

lol that would be epic! i want that feature back bad!

Years
    I think it would be awesome to have a set of legendaries using the Fire/Water/Electric thing again, but make the second type Dragon. I don't know what they were thinking when they made the Regis, to be honest.

I would also like to be able to custom the trainer's appearance.. I mean, obiviously Gamefreak's fashion sense is totally way off and kind of ridiculous. Just being able to swap out hats and hairs and clothes would be enough to keep me happy.

Markus_of_Hoenn

Grass-Type Lover
    Years
    As stated many times throughout this thread: Customizable Trainers!
    -Hair
    -Clothes
    -Personality/Nature

I also would think an advanced version of each game would be nice. Less serious players are fine with the basic form of each game, but for us who care about Nature/Personality, who care about Evs and Ivs, and all of the other complexities, an Advanced version should be made. It would show Evs and Ivs and show an Evs/Ivs gained after each battle similar to how a level up is shown. Maybe a new device attained will show which pokemon give how many Evs/Ivs. Things like that.

6-way movement.

I bores me that every Pokemon has a set type. Like Sceptile, who is Grass Type always. I think Pokemon should have many types (as long as it makes sense), and that their color varies accordingly(Not like Shiny, but like if the Sceptile was a Grass/Dark type, he would have darker scales than the usual Sceptile.) There are Pokemon out there that could easily take on a different type, I think perhaps that could be something to expand upon.

Improved/Different Shinies. Green Jolteon? I think blue would be better. And a wilted looking Venusaur? Not attractive. The shiny alternatives of Pokemon like Blaziken, Leafon, and Pichu are better because they're a more vivid version of the usual. And breeding with a shiny increses the chances of the egg being shiny. (like a boosted 3% chance)

Couple of ideas....

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Weather and Seasons
    Think about how brilliant that would be, imagine you've just beat the Elite four in the middle of December, you're warped back to your room and when you step outside its snowing, I think that'd be awesome, some Pokemon could also go into hibernation during the winter (or only come out in certain weather). There could be a giant festival that takes place during the summer, the ideas are endless. Even if they don't bring seasons into effect, I think they should definitely make the weather change, just to shake things up a bit.

Team Rocket
    Bring them back as a serious challenge (Could even call them The New Rocket Movement :D)

Eevee
    A ghost type Eeveelution, and how about a third stage evolution that all the Eeveelutions could evolve into? Think about it, say if you trade an Eeveelution holding a certain item, it could evolve into a normal type with a completely unpredictable moveset as it could know electric moves, fire moves, ice moves, psychic moves, the list goes on and on and on.

YES!
    Definitely =D

Nintendo, are you listening?

CO-SIGN! I couldn't agree wit this more.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i love this thread im so glad i made it, you guys have the best ideas XD nintendo please read this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I want to be a bad guy for once. An actual bad guy. Maybe choose your role in the game and actually win, or not 'change your mind' and become good. I'm so sick of thwarting evil. They even give you a CHOICE in Pokemon games to join them, the bad guys, and if you say yes it won't allow you. Why even BOTHER? That makes me so mad.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I want to be a bad guy for once. An actual bad guy. Maybe choose your role in the game and actually win, or not 'change your mind' and become good. I'm so sick of thwarting evil. They even give you a CHOICE in Pokemon games to join them, the bad guys, and if you say yes it won't allow you. Why even BOTHER? That makes me so mad.

i havent a clue but it pisses me off too -_-"

Something I would like to see is a tournament style pokemon league, i think it'd be better than an elite 4 IMO.

i agree, there should be a tournament & THEN you get to fight the elite4
    then it might be worth our time lol

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I know this has been mentioned before but Customizable trainers, I can't really see nintendo doing that though.... even though they did in battle revolution.

Years
    UNDERGROUND REGION

Underground lakes and waterways; cable riding across chasms; glowy rocks/plants; cities held up by chains; Sableye everywhere; elevators to the surface; Diglett encounters away from Vermilion; Town Map divided between surface and underground level/(s); lava surfing; You found a Warp Zone!; passages overcome by water (use Dive)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I would like them to put the V.S Seeker or anything that can get rematches with Trainers ON THE SPOT put in all future games so we don't have to wait for a phone call from them or have to travel half a region for one battle that won't even be challenging.

Back