• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our World, Their World

Which is more reliable?

• I'm not being bias here, kimsites is definitely convincing.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Kimsites ftw (for the wind)!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Both sites are gibberish...

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I'm a christain, therefore i support Icwseminary.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was neutral, but after reading Icwseninary, I felt that it is reliable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
Years
  • NOTE: CHRISTAINS PLEASE BEAR WITH ME

I was recently surfing through the internet on pokemon influence to the world, and i found to sites conveying to point of views. On one site https://www.icwseminary.org/pokemon.htm, it says that pokemon is immoral, which i totally have to disagree as this guy is applying us what he "learned" as a christain and using his religious knowledge to make wild accusations on the pokemon franchise. I had another site which I thought was more objective and reasonable https://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/index_main.html as compared to the former. The former, is written by a christain (yes he is definitely one) while the latter is written by an animist (i think).

From what I read of both sites, the only thing that I can conclude is that the former is written by an extremist christain and he is totally brainwashed by his preachings and know nothing about pokemon. Compare what he said with the latter.

Do you agree with me (I am sorry if this thread has offended the christains, but I had no choice but to post it as I was very angry with what that christain said, as he knows nothing about pokemon)?

Please post your views of the comparison of these 2 sites.
    READ THE TWO SITES CAREFULLY AND DO NOT REPLY WITH IRRELEVANT AND GIRBBERISH ANSWERS, I DO NOT WISH TO ARGUE WITH ANYONE.

For PC moderators, if you wanna lock it, i won't argue with you. But just to say, this is not a thread to uphold religious prejudice.

Last edited:

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

I'm just here to ask for opinions, not prejudicing. If the moderators want to lock it, so be it.

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • In my humble opinion the guy is just using sometthing that he thinks other peiople will blindly back him up on

Cant people just accept the world isnt caterd for thier desires?

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
  • I'll keep my opinions to myself, as this thread isn't in a section of the forums meant for debate.

Though I must say, I did laugh a lot reading the first article. It's very typical of supremely conservative Christians. Though, again, that's more on the religion than on Pokemon, which is what this section of the boards is for...

As far as I'm concerned, Pokemon can teach a lot of wonderful morals to children. Friendship, Never Giving Up, Kindness, Self-Reliance, etc etc.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I think this topic fits in here, because different opinions about it should be discussed, no matter if religious or not. To reject it just because it touches religion is not logical in my opinion.
    I have to add that I'm absolutely not religious which is why the first report is wrong and full of prejudices. I know Pokemon since I was eight and I'm nat an occultist or something. I could say more but I won't because it would be off-topic and could hurt some religious feelings but still...the first one seems ridicoulus to me.
    The second one was better.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I've seen stuff like this before and it annoys me to no end. In my opinion, Anything can cause destructive behavior when taken too far, as evidenced by the first link. That was an example of completely blind faith, ousting Pokemon completely without considering any moral benefit or the fact that it is not real. I bet the person who wrote that had a very sheltered, impressionable child who had difficulty distinguishing what existed and what didn't.

The whole thing about summoning satanic spirits with the cards was most likely a hoax, or actual satanic kids who really need to stay off whatever it is they're smoking. My family and I are all pretty devout Christians, and my dad keeps on telling me I should try D&D if I get the chance.

Anyhow, I like that there's somebody out there who has actually started a website about defending pokemon, but it doesn't make that big a difference to me personally how much crap there is there. In short, all things in moderation, teach your kids that if it's on TV, it's probably not real, and don't ever do crack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I'm Catholic, and that first website is insanity. The vast majority of religious people are normal, sane individuals. Sites like that make me angrier than just about anything else.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • When I read the first article, I was like:
    "This is one hell of a load of crap"

Seriously, get real here, who the heck would think pokemon brainwashes young children to follow the devil?
    Not intending to argue with anyone here, but I must point out that the first article I read was absolutely outrageous.

Read in https://www.icwseminary.org/pokemon.htm under the section "WHAT CAN PARENTS DO?" for instance. Marking down pokemon as supernatural violence and 'monsters' or 'The beasts of Satan', seriously what the hell is the world coming to? This is seriously laughable yet ridiculous. So god 'warns' everyone about the dangers of pokemon? Geez, snap out of it and get real here. Lets face it, pokemon aint real, it's not like they're gonna condemn us all nor snatch the childrens hearts towards the devil himself. It is normal for young children to be fascinated by the drawings of those fantasy animals, who said they're gonna convert us all.
    I reckon whoever wrote this piece should really kick themselves in the butt and face reality. Pokemon is just a an anime show or a video game, and since when is pokemon considered a 'sin'?
    And yes, the first article IS insane *rolls eyes*. And it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
    I see we are of one mind Artyte, I'm pretty outraged at that christian as well.

I have to admit though the second article was pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I'm pretty sure her entire facade is a parody. The same goes with Christwire- it is a parody of Catholics.

And the second site i just a reasoned, passionate defense of Pokemon, not an Animist's(if I understand that term correctly) viewpoint.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • The first one was written by a fool. He maintains that collecting pokemon fosters greed, which I agree, it does, to a certain extent. However, there are many other things that compel us to greed or lust which he overlooks. As an 11-year player of the games, I can safely say that I have had no demonic possession of any kind. He's simply grasping at straws because the fool doesn't understand something, and as soon as he hears the world 'evolve' he throws a fit. There are people like this everywhere- Rock and Roll, Yu-gi-Oh, videogames, dungeons & dragons, Harry Potter... these people find something popular, then flog it to death in the name of religion. Sad, sad, sad.

You want to see some real anti-pokemon craziness? Google "Shelly the Republican" ad fin her article entitled: "Pokemon - The Yellow Peril"

Its the only place I have ever heard a Metapod being called a "burkha-clad islamofascist"

I checked that out too. That guy has several screws loose, and I fear the day he gains a national audience. Ironically, I've gotten no advantage from my Metapod. It has yet to become the 'burqa-clad Islamofascist' that he claims it to be, simply because it's a crescent (Those crescent dinner rolls I bought must be 'Islamofascists' along with the moon! Who knew?) If you want more disturbing things, check out 'Gods Hitlist' on the same site.

The Kimsites one was the best written, though. That's the kind of teacher I've always aspired to be.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Even though the first article is clearly ridiculous, I can see that there were some errors that can be forgiven. I predict that this was made during the 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' period. Also, all of those quotes are really old.

Not a single one of those are from... 01-09. Also, he does have a point. We do spend a lot on those cards and games.

What I do not understand is when he talked about Ash's battle with Sabrina. Since when did he ever have a Kadabra?

The purpose is to take down the opposing Pokémon, but not to drain it's life, just until it's knocked out.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • after searching on Archives.org, I found out it was made in (or updated)... apparently, 2005.

It concerns parents even more. "Recently, my children were given a set of Pokemon cards," said DiAnna Brannan, a Seattle mom. "They are very popular with the children at our church and elsewhere. I was instantly suspicious but couldn't discern the problem. We have since been told that they are stepping stones to the 'Magic Cards' that have been popular for the last few years, which we do not allow."
    (and any others that say stuff like that)

Wha? No, Pokemon had nothing to do with those Yu-Gi-Oh cards I bought... (I bout the Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I bought them cuz of the Yu-Gi-Oh TV show...)
    In fact, if you ask me, YGO seems more "occult" than Pokemon...
    Nor did Pokemon have anything to do with me getting involved with Magic... THAT was attributed to another TV show. xD

2. Share your observation. Spark awareness in a young child with comments such as, "That monster looks mean!" or "That creature reminds me of a dragon," along with "Did you know that in the Bible, serpents and dragons always represent Satan and evil?"
    Then by that standpoint I must be "full of the devil" since I've been fasinated with dragons for.... pretty much my whole life.

"Oh noez! I like dragons! I'm gonna burn!!11!!" xDD

LOL. Crazy people. Can't seem to see the line between Fiction and Reality.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I'm not an atheist or anything, however, I'm not Christian. The fact is; Pokemon is an idea from a different culture then these writers are from. I really don't think they have any merit to be saying what they are saying because a lot of Pokemon is related to japanese culture. So, they say that Pokemon is an insult to Christianity (or what ever it is that they're trying to get acrossed) and they don't consider that they might be insulting another culture.

I'm really really self conscious about being prejudice because I hate people who are, so, I want to apologize to any people I might have insulted in this post. I meant no harm.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Haha. All this Hypereligous waffle makes me laugh so hard. I'm very glad these guys don't live in my 'hood. If they did, the Pope would be like "....You freaking Satanist" to me.

I can't wait to see their messages next year....

Back