• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Out of all the sharks... I'm the Smartest.

Smartest Shark

Trainer in Training
Years
  • Well, the story goes something like this; I played Pokemon Blue, Yellow, and Silver, all throughout my childhood, and in that order. I was so young, though, that I didn't really know what was going on. I mean... I'd watched the cartoon, and I definitely understood the concept of catching/training Pokemon, defeating Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and eventually become the Master. However... The past few days, I've been reading about the games, now that I'm a fair bit older, and admittedly, smarter.

And there's just so much that I wasn't aware of before! Like, ya know... Building a team of pokemon that doesn't suck! I now understand why my Pikachu lost to Brock's Onix every time!

SO, several epiphany-like revelations later, I've bough a glacier-blue colored Gameboy Advance and Pokemon blue on eBay, and expect them by the first of September. I went with the Advance because it's what I have the most memories with, although I'd been playing since the Gamboy Pocket. Eventually, I want to play my way through all the games/systems (hopefully change to a back-lit system after blue), up to a 3DS, although that's just an inkling at this point.

Anyway, I figured I'd be smart to get myself involved with a huge group of people who are immensely in the know about the world of Pokemon, and so, now I'm here. And honestly, I'm excited! I'm also very open to suggestions as a new Trainer, such as which is best of the starters, what pokemon to staff my team with early on, and things like that. I'm leaning toward starting with Charmander, as he has had an extremely soft spot in my heart ever since the episode of the cartoon where he was abandoned. Not to mention, he seems to be more friendly than Bulbasaur and Squirtle, if I remember the cartoon correctly.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading my several paragraphs, and I'm looking forward to really getting to know you folks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh man, I remember the first seasons of the anime too well. Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, wow... it's just a long time and it's nostalgic.

Anyways, welcome aboard! It looks like you have some history with Pokemon. I do hope you get to play the DS versions of Pokemon, because they're really good, especially HeartGold/Soulsilver. I'm currently playing Soulsilver right now, and it's so nostalgic despite that I'm forced to grind my team >_<

And yes, with your experience with Pokemon as well as your knowledge, you will totally fit right in with us! Here at PC, we love Pokemon as much as you do, and we're so friendly, you'll want to come here every day. Mind if I suggest you to a couple of sections where you may find interest? Since you're more into the older games, such as the Advanced Generation and older, you should take a visit to the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions board, where there will be topics just about that (as well as general gaming discussions, challenges, and even spin-off games). Also, relive the memories from the Anime by discussing at the Pokemon Anime section of the forums. If you're a follower of the current season of Pokemon, you'll find episode discussions there as well.

Yes. I recommend you get the 3DS. It's so cool. I don't have one either, but I test-drove it at Best Buy last week, and it makes me want one. haha.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. haha. Make sure you've read the Community rules if you haven't done so. I'm around if you need any help forum-wise. And, I'll see ya around~ Have fun!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hey Shark, your ambition is pretty inspiring, I feel like doing the same now! Wish you all the best in your many journies, you should definitely look forward the Sinnoh region and the whole of Gen IV, they added the best new set of pokemon IMO. As for things to train in the first generation, I'd definitely recommend the underrated Sandslash for its powerful attacks and sturdy defences. Also consider a poison type like a Muk or a Wheezing, they can be used for some pretty devastating battles! All the best, hope we can be friends! :)

Smartest Shark

Trainer in Training
    Years
  • Aww, you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! Since last time, a few things have happened. I got my gameboy, and started playing. I've got four badges, and an awesome, although confusing, team of pokemon. I'll go make a thread in the appropriate subforum with all the juicy details. Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Back