• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Outbreak: A Zombie Survival Roleplay (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    Mark Forrester - Status: Okay
    STR: 2, INT: 2, AGI: 3, CHA: 3
    INVENTORY (0/15):

"Hey, are you guys okay?" Mark asked to the small band of survivors.

"Jaw's a little sore. Other than that I'm set," said the Englishman. He cracked his neck as the group moved down the road.

"What the hell are your names anyway? It's been a non-stop roller coaster since the flight."

"You can call me Hawke. Or you can come up with your own name to call me. I could care less. Don't like people knowing my name anyways..." The Englishman's voice trailed off as he finished the sentence. Hawke.

"Well, Hawke. I'm damn glad you were there backing me up. I'm Mark Forrester. I don't mind names, but let's get back to the shelter."

Mark wheeled McGreggor in with the shopping cart as Bratton passed by. "Hey could y-" started Mark.

"Is that guy bitten?" interjected Bratton, looking at McGreggor. He looked jumpy and Mark didn't know the guy well enough yet to trust he wouldn't put a bullet through McGreggor's skull.

"Uh, no," Mark shook his head. "He fainted after we got ambushed by a bunch of assholes in the Home Fixin'."

"No ****, huh?" pondered Bratton. "I'll send a squad of...my obviously better-equipped men tomorrow to see what we can do about that. Kin may know how to handle daily business, but he sure as hell doesn't know how to properly equip soldiers. Jesus." Bratton moved on and shook his head in Kin's direction. Mark left McGreggor in the cart and cupped his hands together, dipping them in a small puddle of water. He scooped some up and splashed it on McGreggor's face, hoping it would wake up. "Sorry, but I gotta wake you, old man" Mark bent over to scoop some more.

(OOC: If McGreggor responds, I'll edit in his response here for coherence)

A small group of the survivors had gathered around Kin, who was inspecting the supplies they brought back. Not a lot of food... guess that group's not as bright. Mark laid out the wooden planks, nails, and toilet paper he gathered.

"Holy... you all look beat to hell," Kin said to the flight survivors. He chuckled slightly. Mark looked around at the rag-tag group. Hawke was close to Mark, so Mark leaned over to him, "Listen. Just want to say thanks and good work out there. I think I'd be dead if I had been stuck with some of the others."

(OOC: If Hawke responds, I'll edit in his response here for coherence)

He looked around some more. Their numbers seemed much smaller. He knew many had died at the crash site, but they couldn't be all that was left, could they? The woman and the kid... I gave them a blanket last night. Where are they? Mark looked towards the young black man that had volunteered for the Food Mart run earlier that day. He was slipping an apple in his pocket. Mark couldn't blame him. With the minimal amount of crap they had gotten, that apple might be life-or-death for the guy. Mark scooted over to him and asked, "Hey, the name's Mark. There was a woman and a young blond kid with you guys earlier. They...didn't get...you know?" Mark hesitated, not sure he wanted to know the answer.

(OOC: If Dennis responds, I'll edit in his response here for coherence)​

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • NathanHarris.png

Dennis Plum​

Shelter​

Inventory: 2/15
    apple_zps3c936d19.png

"Hey, the name's Mark," a man suddenly came up to him. He was one of the people who went on the shelter supply run, the other group. They managed to haul quite a lot, totally unlike the food mart group. That was bull, there was almost nothing there and zombies were all around. "There was a woman and a young blond kid with you guys earlier. They...didn't get...you know?" Mark hesitated for a moment. Dennis knew what he was asking.

"I saw them running away from the food mart. They were fine when they bailed but I am not quite so sure right now," Dennis said, slurping another spoonful. "We didn't see them on our way back." And that was unfortunate; the woman was a good fighter. "I'm Dennis by the way. Dennis Plum." The man seemed dependable and friendly as Dennis saw him talking with the other survivors.

"May I ask you a question?" Dennis said, putting his bowl down. It doesn't seem to agree with him despite his hunger. "What do you think of all of this?"

Years
  • BudLarsen.png

Capt. Timothy McGregor
    3 Str | 3 Int | 2 Ag | 2 Char
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

"Sorry, but I gotta wake you, old man"
    McGregor awoke with a groan, his throat was parched and sore from smoke inhalation and his head was thumping. He'd have killed for an aspirin but he didn't think medication would be given out overly lightly. McGregor's vision was blurry at first but it cleared quickly enough and revealed Mark standing over him, it was at about this point that McGregor realised he was cramped into a shopping trolley – Mark must have carted him all the way back from Home Fixin'.
    This guy is actually pretty decent and dependable, I'm going to want to keep him around unlike that English bastard, he was in perfectly good condition and kept running.
    "I might be old but I bet I could still give you a run for your money smartass" McGegor half-grumbled half-chuckled, grinning slightly as he pulled himself out of the trolley "This trolley might come in handy, anyway I'm gonna go give all this stuff to Kin or someone – nobody seemed to take it since it was in the Trolley with me. We can talk later."

McGregor got up and hoisted his bag onto his back, the contents jangling and clunking noisily. It didn't take long for McGregor to find Kin and hand over everything he'd found – bar the old newspaper. Last McGregor had heard his family had been in an area that wasn't too horribly affected by the outbreak, but he wondered if he could perhaps find out where they would be evacuated to should they have to flee. Besides, it was always a good idea to carry something he could use to help build a fire.

Having finished dealing with Kin, McGregor joined the rear of the group of survivors at the front of the cue – narrowly making it in time to not have join the back of the line for food. He noticed that many people shot the survivors angry glances; one guy went as far as to actually scoff.
    Even here I am definitely amongst enemies, we all are. I need to keep an eye on these people, you never know who will stab you in the back and who will save your life. McGregor took his food gratefully, rice and beans was perhaps not the most amazing meal one could hope for but it was a lot better than some of the gruel he'd been forced to choke down during the war in Angola. The gruel would come soon enough though, so McGregor was thankful for meal he had… unlike the guy who'd scoffed earlier who was now winging about the beans.
    Some people just do not understand how survival situations work. He's going to make a lot of enemies.

For a while McGregor stood still, observing the room full of people, most of them ravenously tucking into their dinner. It was during this observation that he saw Mark talking to a man with black skin, McGregor recognised him as one of the crash survivors.
    Is he the one who was wheezing before? Is he asthmatic or something? McGregor knew that in a survival situation, those who were weaker than others could become a liability and needed to be watched closely – still he seemed healthy enough so McGregor didn't think he'd have to worry too much. Remembering he'd said to Mark that they'd speak later McGregor headed over to the two men in time to hear the dark-skinned man ask
    "So what do you make of all this?"

Without asking McGregor joined the two
    "I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I'd like to give my two cents. I don't know what to make of the zombies, but they can't think and they're slow. I think the biggest threats we will face will be human being and time. People are desperate right now, desperation brings out the worst in people – which some of us have seen before and others found out tonight. We're going to encounter a lot of dangerous people who will do whatever it takes to get their hands on our resources. Not that that'd do them much good soon. Nobody seems to be admitting it but the town's been pretty much completely ransacked and the shelter's supplies won't last forever. We can keep spreading out further and further, which will be fine for a while, but it won't be long before our destinations are too far away to be reasonable. Not to mention the further we spread out the more likely it is we'll run into the dead or rival looters. We need to come up with something sustainable, and above all else we need to stick together."
    Hopefully they'll take that on board, hopefully this is doing something to create a sense of unity. I need to know people will have my back and they need to know I'll have theirs. You can't complete a mission with a single soldier in your unit.

Inventory Update:

-2 Parts (Weight 8/20)
    -6 Nails (Weight 3/20)
    -2 Toilet Paper (Weight 4/20)

New Total Weight = 2/20​

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Sitting round the campfire...

Status
    Spoiler:

Alex sat with her legs crossed in front of the campfire. Her face was bruised from ear to chin, and her nose had been broken in the food Mart. and the worst part was that she hadn't even gotten anything for it. "What the fuck is the point of it all." She muttered loudly. She looked around and saw people talking and introducing themselves, somehow enjoying themselves in the messed up situation they had ended up in. Alex overheard a snippet of conversation, something about the woman and the boy who hadn't returned from the food Mart... "I suppose they were Faster alone kind of people. So I guess that makes us Safety in Numbers... but when you think about it, against walkers you would rather be fast enough to run away, because they're like wolfs who are drawn to a flock. While looters are easier to fend off when there's enough people to fight them..." Alex rambled aloud.

OOC: Any responses will be edited in, feel free to comment on her logic. Fyi she's extremely depressed right now.

jombii

Years
  • NathanHarris.png

Dennis Plum​

Shelter​

apple_zps3c936d19.png

"I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I'd like to give my two cents. I don't know what to make of the zombies, but they can't think and they're slow," the military guy butted in between Dennis and Mark. "People are desperate right now, desperation brings out the worst in people – which some of us have seen before and others found out tonight. We're going to encounter a lot of dangerous people who will do whatever it takes to get their hands on our resources." Dennis knew that. He heard of talks that the other group encountered some looters during their run and he was not entirely sure if he could manage to survive once a living, sentient being would try to kill him. "Nobody seems to be admitting it but the town's been pretty much completely ransacked and the shelter's supplies won't last forever. We can keep spreading out further and further, which will be fine for a while, but it won't be long before our destinations are too far away to be reasonable. Not to mention the further we spread out the more likely it is we'll run into the dead or rival looters. We need to come up with something sustainable, and above all else we need to stick together."

Dennis was nodding with the man. Here is someone who is sensible. "Yeah I have to agree with you. I would apologize for the low turnout of our run from the food mart if there were still more of them there. But the thing has been ransacked from the bottom up." Dennis continued. His facial hair is beginning to itch. It has been too long since he last saw a razor. Wonder where I'll get to use another one of those things. "Plus, it's already dangerous around here. With the crash and everything, I am sure they have to attract things. Zombies and human, and not all of them friendly." Dennis gestured to where Kin was.

"These dudes here are running the thing bare. We need to bail out of here soonest if we were to survive," Dennis remarked. "The looters from your group could have traced us back here and who knows what danger they will bring. From what I heard, they weren't exactly friendly."

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    INVENTORY (0/15):

"Sorry, but I gotta wake you, old man," said Mark as he bent to scoop more water from the puddle.

"I might be old but I bet I could still give you a run for your money smartass," said McGregor. Mark looked up and saw the older man struggling, but chuckling. It was good to see him awake. Mark patted his shoulder and helped him out of the cart. "This trolley might come in handy, anyway I'm gonna go give all this stuff to Kin or someone – nobody seemed to take it since it was in the Trolley with me. We can talk later."

"Sounds good, McGregor. Glad to have you with me," said Mark as he turned to face the small group of survivors.

"I saw them running away from the food mart. They were fine when they bailed but I am not quite so sure right now," said the black man. It was just as Mark feared. The woman and the boy he had helped were gone, maybe turned, but he had no way of telling. It was a shame to lose someone from their already-small group, but if she didn't want to pull her weight, she was better off alone out there with a frail boy. Sad. "We didn't see them on our way back," the man finished.

"I suppose they were faster alone kind of people. So I guess that makes us safety in numbers... but when you think about it, against walkers you would rather be fast enough to run away, because they're like wolfs who are drawn to a flock. While looters are easier to fend off when there's enough people to fight them..." said the young woman who had crashed the night before.

Mark beckoned her to join them and sit. "I hear what you're saying. Come on over, you're welcome with us," he said. "I'm Mark."

Mark looked down after he comments and thought about his own wife and children. He hoped someone was still taking care of them since he could not.

"I'm Dennis by the way. Dennis Plum." Mark shook his hand.

"May I ask you a question?" Dennis said, "What do you think of all of this?"

Before Mark could answer, McGregor was with them and said, "I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I'd like to give my two cents. I don't know what to make of the zombies, but they can't think and they're slow. I think the biggest threats we will face will be human being and time. People are desperate right now, desperation brings out the worst in people – which some of us have seen before and others found out tonight. We're going to encounter a lot of dangerous people who will do whatever it takes to get their hands on our resources. Not that that'd do them much good soon. Nobody seems to be admitting it but the town's been pretty much completely ransacked and the shelter's supplies won't last forever. We can keep spreading out further and further, which will be fine for a while, but it won't be long before our destinations are too far away to be reasonable. Not to mention the further we spread out the more likely it is we'll run into the dead or rival looters. We need to come up with something sustainable, and above all else we need to stick together."

Dennis nodded in agreement, "Yeah I have to agree with you. I would apologize for the low turnout of our run from the food mart if there were still more of them there. But the thing has been ransacked from the bottom up. Plus, it's already dangerous around here. With the crash and everything, I am sure they have to attract things. Zombies and human, and not all of them friendly." Mark couldn't help but agree with that assessment. It would only get worse here if the horde at the plane site moved closer. The fire at the Home Fixin' would bring them closer and who knows how intelligent these things are at this point.

"These dudes here are running the thing bare. We need to bail out of here soonest if we were to survive," Dennis said after a moment. "The looters from your group could have traced us back here and who knows what danger they will bring. From what I heard, they weren't exactly friendly."

Mark looked at his slashed arm and sighed. He couldn't help but feel like the things they said made sense, but he was nervous. He felt like Kin was a good man and didn't want to betray their risk of saving them without repaying the debt somehow. He cleared his throat in preparation of speaking.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Name:Nathan Hawke

"Holy... you all look beat to hell. Is everyone alright? Come on, get in quick and we'll get you patched up. My goodness. If I had known things would get that bad, I would never have sent you out so unprepared-" Nathan scoffed at the man. The true reason they didn't get better equipment beforehand was either they had no better equipment to give or they didn't want to risk it on a bunch of people they'd never met before, but to be fair if it was his group he wouldn't waste it on a bunch of people he didn't know the skill of either...

Mark leaned over to him and spoke quietly "Listen. Just want to say thanks and good work out there. I think I'd be dead if I had been stuck with some of the others."

Hawke chuckled. "Well I wouldn't say I really did much to help you, but you're welcome. I'm just happy we got out without any major injuries with how ill equipped we were to handle an engagement." Nathan paused for a moment "I'm gonna go do some... research and get food. If you need me you can find me." He said. Nathan dumped the content of his bag on the table for Kin then left the room.

After a little foraging around the safehouse, Nathan turned up a few pieces of paper and a pen. He slapped the paper down on an empty circular table and went up to get a plate of food then sat back at his table and put the plate next to his paper. Without access to his cache of equipment at home, he was going to have to start over. He took a bite of the rice and beans and began making his list of special supplies to keep his eyes open for.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    NathanHarris.png

BudLarsen.png
    SaraSeza.png
    Mark Forrester
    Dennis Plum
    Tim Mcgregor
    Alexandra Brikosi

Joint Post
    AROUND THE CAMPFIRE
    Night One

Mark sat at the campfire with the others, contemplating his thoughts. "Listen, I hear what you guys are saying and I absolutely agree. This place isn't going to keep us alive right now, but we gotta play it smart. Kin and Bratton saved us after the crash. I think it'd be a mistake to take advantage of their kindness and leave just like that, don't you?" Mark looked at the others, hoping they would understand where he was coming from.

He didn't want a fight and despite barely knowing these people, he felt an unwavering loyalty to his fellow flight survivors. Maybe it was the shared experience of near-death or the fact that they barely knew anyone else, but he didn't want to make a decision without seeing where everyone else stood.

"I'm not saying anything about taking advantage like that. We can take them with us. I don't care one way or another," Dennis said, holding his hands up. Despite the fire, it was still cold for him. "But, sooner or later, we all have to leave here, Kin and Bratton or not." Dennis shuddered. "I know they're sensible people and I'm thankful. But we need to talk to them."

McGregor listened carefully, it seemed that the two other men were indeed quite sensible and level headed, he found himself quickly growing to respect them. If anybody at the shelter was an ally it would be Mark or Dennis. McGregor knew it was foolish to think like that since it was still early days, but he couldn't help but feel a sense of camaraderie building.

"I'm not saying anybody should up and leave just yet, but the fact does remain that sooner or later anybody who doesn't want to die is going to need to change locations. We need to find a location that is easily defensible and farm-able, we need a water source and we need a decent but not overwhelming zombie presence, we can use the dead to our advantage. Before we can get that far though, we need vehicles for transport as well as to find weapons and stockpile our supplies."

Mark considered what both men had said briefly. He felt an uneasiness in their words, but even a fool knew that this place as it was was no Fort Knox. Mark looked up at McGregor's comment about the usefulness of zombies. The hell? "Uh, how do zombies help us? I mean, I get that they could be useful for keeping people like the looters at bay, but all we would need is a horde passing by and we'd be toast," said Mark.

McGregor couldn't help but grin slightly at Mark, he had to admit he could understand the man's reasoning but that wasn't about to change his opinion just yet.

"Zombies move rather slowly and they don't have the ability to think. They don't have the ability to work out a way around well-planned defenses so barring human error we'd be relatively safe if we were close enough to use them as a deterrent but far enough away that they weren't at our doorstep. I think Ideally we want some sort of gated community or a large building… or maybe a prison. Those would be excellent locations for us although I don't know how we'd go about creating sustainable food and water supplies."

"You mean we could use zombies as the guards? I think that might be good," Dennis thought. The prospect was appealing. If only they could find a well-fortified place, they could lure some zombies around their perimeter and it would deter enough people to check the place out. "It's unsafe though," Dennis scratched at his beard. Damn, this is getting too itchy. "One random zombie inside will mean the end."

McGregor shrugged.

"Well in the end it's up to everybody, but I'd say that if we're careful and weren't too close we'd probably be okay. Either way it's something to worry about in the future and not right now. Our priority right now needs to be stockpiling supplies and staying alive here whilst we keep an eye out for a better location or a way to stay sustainable where we are. We could probably grow our food here easily enough so long as the base is well-defended and we can find something to grow."

"Well, we've only been here a short time and it sounds like Kin will be building up the fences around this place with the supplies we got. I say we help and get the place ready for survival. We'll keep our ears open for how stable their leadership is and if things seem dicey, we can split sooner," Mark said. He felt like pushing the issue too hard with the people in the shelter would create a hostile environment, but he was still an outsider along with the other flight survivors. If things came down to it, he'd have to pick a side, but he felt like they could figure this kind of stuff out once they knew what the shelter could handle after the repairs and fortifications.

Mark took some bites of his rice and beans. It wasn't bad when he considered how worse off they could be. He munched for a moment and then said, "Here's an idea. When we have a chance, let's find a map of the area and we'll see what's around us. Maybe Kin will let us take a vehicle out on the next supply run and we can explore the area some. We'll find other possible locations, assess our situation here, and decide if moving is the best course of action. Does that seem fair?"

"I think that's exactly what we need to do, you can't fight a war if you don't know where you're going. We need a better idea of what's going on around here. I'm just glad there are at least two other people around here with a head on their shoulders because some of these other guys are pretty slimy." McGregor finished his bowl of food and proceeded to chug down the water he'd been given to alleviate his sore throat "Probably shouldn't have chugged it all like that but my throat was killing me from being in with all that smoke. What did you boys do before all hell broke loose?"

Dennis was mostly quiet as the two of them conversed. The three of them had the same thoughts. Check the area, see if there was still anything worth looting around, verify their safety and possibly look for another secure place. They must be sure of what they are going to do, before they do it. "Well, I was a writer before this happened. I don't know if any of you have read it but I was the author of "No Man's Land." It was actually my biggest break as a writer."

"I worked for a big corporation. Nothing exciting, but I traveled a lot. We're really not too far from my family right now, but I don't…" Mark trailed off. He had a sick feeling in his stomach that his wife and kids weren't as safe as he hoped. He sipped his water and took his last few bites of food.

Dennis saw Mark's hesitation. He could see it in his eyes. "It's going to be alright, man. For all we know, they're more of a survivor than you," Dennis said. "Nobody knows anything really. Who gets to stay, who gets to leave. It's not like we had a simulation of this before it all went down."

Alex shuffled over and sat down beside the group. "I'm from Seattle. The whole city was a ****ing walker hive. I was so freaked out I didn't even bother to look for... anybody. I just hot-wired the car and drove south... but I'm guessing it's not any better in California or Mexico either. Wherever you're planning on going, You had better not get your hopes up. There's no going back. Sorry, there's nothing to go back too." Alex mumbled. She looked at the other three. Dennis and McGregor were mental if they actually thought using zombies as guards was a good idea. Mark seemed a bit more stable, but you never can tell... "Oh and I don't know about you, but I'd prefer a guard that was a little less inclined to sink his teeth into me. Its reasonable to think that they're slow and dumb, but in reality how much do we really know about the walking dead... but on a different note I don't know what kind of security Kin has in mind, but if he's got generators he can electrify the fence. Will probably have to if he runs the damn things... really loud." Alex finished.

McGregor refrained from massaging his head, he just could never escape from stupid young people who thought they knew everything.

"I'd appreciate you dropping the attitude, I'm a cop and I was in the army. I think I probably know a bit more about defenses than you do. If zombies suddenly become as fast as Olympic athletes and smart enough to pick locks or make plans then we'd have a reason to disregard the idea but as it stands they're only really dangerous if you're stupid enough to walk into a horde of them. You underestimate how useful a weapon a sharp mind can be." McGregor thought for a moment before adding "I'll give you the electric fence thing though, if we can spare enough power that could be an excellent choice."

Dennis was not entirely fond of the young one's negativity, although it might be useful to keep things down and realistic. Dennis knew that finding a safe haven outside of this shelter is far from easy. It might be downright impossible. But they have to try, don't they? "McGregor is right. The zombies are slow. They only seem to be attracted to the smell of humans. If we keep our distance good enough, it might work. Plus, who the hell mentioned that this zombie guards are near enough to have their teeth on you?"

McGregor then moved over and clapped Mark on the shoulder
    "I don't know what's happened to my ex-wife and my kid either, I was actually meant to be flying to Maine to check on them but I got dragged onto that damn flight to Washington instead. One way or another though, we'll find out what's happened to everyone." McGregor then added "We'll also decide using logic and experience what the best courses of action are, rather than only listening to our fear."

"Thanks, McGregor," said Mark. He gave the older man a weak smile. "We gotta keep hopeful, for sure. If things go south here and we can't make it anywhere else, then Hell...let's head to Vegas and live like kings." Mark had been to Las Vegas a few times, but never properly enjoyed it. A zombie apocalypse seemed like a fantastic time to check out the lights and sounds of the city.

"Sorry... " Alex muttered halfheartedly. That old guy was going to be a problem. He was too full of himself to even consider the fact that NOBODY knew anything about the Walkers, other than don't get bit. "Okay... maybe I made an ass out of myself there. We know it's a virus that gets transmitted through a bite, so presumably bodily fluids. While I may be young I know that viruses, bacteria, and any kind of disease can evolve, and as this whole Outbreak seemingly appeared overnight, I would say it's more likely a mutation of another disease. Possibly something like the flu, changed it into something else..."Alex sighed attempting to change the topic towards something less likely to erupt into a shouting match.

"Wow, it's getting really late," said Mark. It was almost dark and half of the shelter was heading inside for the night. A guard passed by and tossed some water onto the fire pit. The flames went out with a hiss and Mark knew it was time they headed inside as well. "It was good talking with you three, but let's see what tomorrow brings. Once we see how this fortified fence looks thanks to our supplies, we can start deciding what the future holds."​

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Dick Remly
    Inventory: 1 Stick, 0 Lottery Tickets, 1 Bad Attitude

The others talked around the campfire, like some words and some light was enough to keep them sane. Dick stared at the dancing flames, quietly listening to the plans of men. What a joke. Left to scavenge abandoned stores for supplies, they were more like mice than men. Dick didn't care much for the military man. He had seen enough of them during his short career in the Army. Or was it the Marines? Dick really couldn't remember any more. It had been so long.

Dick played with his beans for a bit before he ate them. They were cold. The meat was bland, and was definitely not fresh. He ate what he could, but the meager rations had shrunk his stomach, and the meat made the acids in his belly go nuts, trying to figure out whether to eject the disgusting hunk of flesh, or to break down what little food it could get for energy. Ultimately, Dick was able to keep the food down. But not without some nasty pains.

Dick wasn't an idiot. He knew that staying with this group was probably the smartest option. Going South would be unproductive though. Dick's home was Northwest of where they were now, just outside of Portland. But, the chance of finding some money was much better down south. Or at least that's what Dick convinced himself of. He would stay, for now.

Suddenly, the flames were gone. Dick felt something cold and wet on his face before he realized that someone had extinguished the fire. The others made their way out, but Dick took his stick and stirred the pit for a while before feeling around with his hand. When he was sure the fire was out completely, he rose and followed after the group. Maybe tomorrow.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    INVENTORY (0/15):

Mark laid down on his cot. He had just taken back the blanket he had given out from the woman who disappeared's cot. She obviously wasn't going to use it. The woman had abandoned them it seemed, a few others had gone missing, so Mark wasn't sure what to think of the future anymore. He threw it towards McGregor, who still looked a bit damp from his wet wake up. Mark starred at the ceiling as people thumped around upstairs. "Stay warm, old man. We don't want you freezing tonight. You're too useful." Mark smirked at McGregor. He was appreciative that the guy had a sense of humor. Mark certainly respected him so far. He had helped Mark out back at Home Fixin' and knew McGregor would be a valuable ally in the future.

The first priority for the flight survivors was to find themselves a vehicle. Not only for easing travel, but for a possible escape method if ever needed. Two men entered the "barracks" and proceeded upstairs. Clearly the people on the first floor, the flight survivors and a few others, were meant to distract the undead and keep the people on the higher floors safer. He understood the reasoning. All of them were still such strangers that trusting them completely so quickly was an absolute mistake. He really needed to consider that for himself as well. He had to remember his goals: his wife and sons. He couldn't be tempted by anyone or anything here.

He wasn't really sure what the next day would bring. Kin had seemed to indicate they'd be staying in the camp for the day's work, which was fine for him. He wanted to rest a bit before going out again. His arm couldn't take any further damage. He rolled over and saw Dennis, whispering, "Do you trust everyone in here with us?" Mark felt he could trust a few people, but after the hectic day, less people seemed reliable.

jombii

Years
  • NathanHarris.png

Dennis Plum​

Shelter​

apple_zps3c936d19.png

"Do you trust everyone in here with us?" Mark whispered. Dennis was finding a hard time to sleep, as there were just so may things that happened that day. It didn't surprise Dennis that Mark was still awake. He could hear someone snoring but that could be anybody. He was not entirely sure.

As to Mark's question, Dennis shrugged. They were still strangers among the group, and Dennis would not give his life to any of them. Even Mark and McGregor. They seemed sensible enough and they seemed to know what they are doing but Dennis would not know for certain that they have his back in times of trouble. "I don't really trust any people here, man. People are people. They make mistakes. And those are what I'm afraid of." Dennis sighed, his eyes vaguely aware of the sleeping shapes around him. "One mistake may cost me my life and I doubt anyone here would give me as much a second glance."

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Name:Nathan Hawke

Nathan set the pen down and brushed the few grains of rice off the paper. The checklist was done. He first and foremost needed to find a rifle, and second some better clothes, as the suit hes been in for a few days wasn't his go to for work.

He brought his plate up to the now breaking down food line and handed it over to be washed. He yawned, walking away. It had been a hell of a day. He scooped his list off the table and the pen with it then headed towards his cot. He sat down on his cot and folded the paper into a tiny square and put it in his breast pocket.

Hawke laid down and started thinking about where he'd rather be. He'd rather be on his comfy bed back in his penthouse, staring at the skyline of Hong Kong from his awesome penthouse near the peak. What he'd give to go home .. Instead he was stuck in a foreign land with people he didn't know nor did he know if he could trust in the long run... He didn't really have a choice to trust them or not though. If he didn't give them trust he definitely wouldn't get any back. A few people looked capable, hopefully the rest were more than they looked. Nathan pushed the thought out of his head and stared at the ceiling for a bit.

Oddball_

Years
  • Evolving thoughts...

Status
    Spoiler:

Alex stumbled over to het cot. She didn't feel like talking anymore. She'd spoke her mind and know she was feeling annoyed. "I can't believe them! They're so ignorant they can't even stop and realize that basic evolution supports what I was saying..." Alex grumbled while turning. "Maybe it's not them. Maybe it's humanity as a whole. I mean we all thought the dead were going to stay dead, but now... I suppose anybody who still believes that is outside being eaten by the impossibility."Alex finished still whispering to herself. She closed her eyes and thought about those classes she had only half played attention too years before.

"The original humans were mostly hunters, who moved to follow they're source of food. However they eventually ended up in regions where they could harvest enough plants to feed they're tribes. As such, they no longer needed to migrate with the animals, they evolved past that and were able to settle into territories that had sustainable food sources. Later, they discovered how to grow those same crops, they yet again evolved into people who could create sustainable territories. They changed from people who followed food, to people who created food." The voice of a science teachers echoed through Alex's head. "And what's to stop the Walkers from evolving like that?" Alex murmured slipping into a nightmare riddled sleep.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • day_zpsfd003a51.png

DAY EIGHT - WHAT COMES NEXT

A week had passed since the flight survivors had crashed in the forests of Ukiah. Routines were being learned, conditions were being dealt with, and the survivors were accompanying Bratton on a supply run to Pendleton, a nearby city. The goal was to get to a grocery story, gather food, and leave without injury. Bratton had discovered an encampment of looters and former soldiers from his squad holed up in Garner's Sporting Goods. Unfortunately he hadn't been successful at getting them to help the Ukiah shelter and they had ended up killing two of the shelter's guard that had tagged along, deciding Bratton and his men made for good target practice. Morale was low in Ukiah and folks would be getting worse when they found out food was scarce.

Bratton and the survivors parked in a back alley a few blocks from the grocery store. Keen not to be seen, he had found a back entrance accessible and out-of-view, so they would be approaching on foot. Garner's Sporting Goods was across the street from the store and Bratton didn't want those looters to get the jump on them. They were in their turf now and things could get hairy.

npc2_zps8e1b792e.png
    Traitorous bastards. I knew that squirlley som'***** Sanders would take charge and start causing trouble. He was always defying authority on the base and the limp-dick ass things he can handle a group of ruthless criminals? Our focus is the grocery store, folks. I may want to tear his head off now, but let's remember we got people to protect back home. We'll come back for those idiots later. Now...grab a weapon each of you. These'll be yours to keep, so pick wisely.

ham_zps5c700751.png
    Claw Hammer
    STR: 1
    Weight: 2
    Best against: Humans and zombies​
    screw_zps0c8fc391.png
    Screwdriver
    Weight: 1
    Best against: Zombies​
    bat_zpsc42b8af2.png
    Baseball Bat
    STR: 2
    Weight: 3
    Best against: Humans​
    knif_zpsb709a7e3.png
    Kitchen Knife
    Weight: 1
    Best against: Humans​
    shov_zps1ead20a2.png
    Shovel
    STR: 2
    Weight: 4
    Best against: Zombies​

The group selected their weapons, then entered the grocery store to collect what they could...​

Scenario

Objectives

Objectives are goals you need to accomplish to advance the plot further. In order to continue on in the story, your character must accomplish these tasks during your day (post). Optional objectives are just that: optional. You can do them if you wish, but remember that the focus will always be on the main objectives.

☣ Infiltrate the grocery store quietly
    ☣ Gather as much food as you can
    ☣ Do not alert the looters across the street to your presence

Danger Level

Danger Level indicates the amount of hazards you may face in this area. Zombies are a clear threat, but the higher the presence, the more dangerous they become. Hover your cursor over the threats to see their danger levels and whether you will need to expend agility to take care of them.

zom1_zps7d417e9e.png
    zom2_zpsbff18f22.png

Available Loot

This area displays what loot you may find and collect at this location. Hover your cursor over all loot items and weapons to see their weight cost. Remember your Strength, as all items you pick up take up inventory space.

crackers_zps55b3b2e9.png
    rotapp_zps5271736f.png
    cereal_zps0dddad78.png
    lotto_zps48301aa7.png
    news_zps92717508.png
    dogf_zpsbc1fa932.png
    tp_zps14b9503e.png
    cigs_zps36456ef6.png
    beans_zps9ed61ee6.png
    rice_zps0ea3ad13.png
    jerk_zps72850076.png
    twinky_zps1bfb05b5.png
    rotcup_zpsbabbbdae.png
    rotapp_zps97a8f6c9.png
    rotpea_zps24cf45bc.png
    grocer_zps10e68625.png
    dryfrui_zps91f3b091.png
    mayo_zps644931a3.png

Shelter
    The shelter is the essential location for surviving a zombie plague like this. Throughout the story, repairing the shelter will become a necessary task and plot advances will hinge upon the safety and stability of the shelter. Events will occur that increase the chances of compromise to the shelter, so be aware of tasks. This area will display the current upgrades and integrity of the shelter.

FOOD: [11/100]
    GAS: [37/100]
    SAFETY: [90/100]
    MORALE: [65/100]

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    Mark Forrester - Status: Fine
    INVENTORY (0/15):

Mark grabbed hold of one of the baseball bats Bratton had laid out for them. He swung is lightly, appreciative for more than just a stick. This'll bash in a skull or two, hopefully only of the undead... Mark peaked around the alley and onto the street. Pendleton's roads were beautiful, save for the crashed vehicles, blood-streaked asphalt, smoldering fires, and general destruction. The town was quaint, but felt like it might've been a good town to live in before all this started.

Mark went back into the alley, stepping over rotting garbage and a zombie carcass. The body belonged to a young man. He looked a bit older than Mark was when he had graduated college, but still too young to be dead...or undead. He had three bullet holes in his skull - clearly whoever shot him didn't want him returning ever again. Mark took a look down the alley. There was a handful of zombies scattered around. Not enough to cause a huge problem, but one wrong move in this tight alley could lead to certain death.

Mark began walking down the alley, approaching a small zombie who was closest to the group. It hadn't noticed them arrive and they were far enough away not to attract its attention as long as they remained quiet. It was a young girl. It had been a young girl. He hadn't had to take out many children since this began, but this one looked about nine years old, half her face had been chewed up and fingers were missing from her right hand. She was wearing pajamas. Bloody pajamas. Mark crept right beside her and swung the baseball bat hard against her head. Crack!

She toppled over and didn't move again. I guess this bat works pretty well. It didn't please Mark to do it. He grimaced at the corpse and sighed, then snuck up behind a second zombie. Whack! A firm swing to the skull left the zombie motionless as well. He beckoned for the rest of the group to follow and begin helping dispatch the zombies. He could see the grocery store's rear at the far end of the alley, but they'd need to hop two fences and dispatch these zombies to make it there. For now, they'd get to the end of this alley and then assess what was going on over the fence after.

He turned and signaled to the rest of the group to move forward again.

UPDATED INVENTORY (3/15):
    bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

Years
  • BudLarsen.png

Capt. Timothy McGregor
    3 Str | 3 Int | 2 Ag | 2 Char
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:

McGregor looked over the selection of weapons briefly, primarily eyeing off the hammer and the knife. He'd have preferred to be able to carry a firearm of some description, but he was perfectly comfortable wielding a knife thanks to his military training… although that had been a long time ago. It was that reasoning that lead to the former soldier choosing to wield a hammer instead of the blade. The weapon was a hardy and versatile one that could be used both for blunt force trauma or impalement thanks to the forked end. It was a weapon that would be easy to use regardless of skill, but also one that could be improved by it. McGregor took the hammer and gave it a few half-hearted swings.
    "I think this will do" he grinned.

Shortly after he found himself heading down the alleyway behind Mark. McGregor couldn't help but feel as a cop and a former soldier he had a responsibility to lead the way and shoulder that responsibility, but he wasn't about to let that distract him - there were a few zombies already present in the alleyway and he wasn't going to let pride or a sense of duty get him or anyone else killed.

The group crept up the alleyway towards the pair of simple fences they would have to climb in order to reach the supermarket. He watched with surprise as he stepped over the corpse in time to witness Mark smashing what seemed to be a child over the head with his bat. It was a revolting sight, McGregor could only think of hi daughter and how that could easily be her fate. Still that wasn't his own child who was a few years older, that was a corpse and was her death was sad it hadn't been caused by Mark. There would be time to silently mourn later, for now he had a mission to complete and that was paramount to anything. McGregor gripped his hammer tighter and moved up towards the zombies and the alleyway, smashing any remaining zombies over the head as he moved down the alleyway. Eventually he made it to the first fence and with surprising strength and dexterity considering his age and figure he pulled himself over it landing with a grunt onto the other side. Almost immediately a pair of zombies moved towards him from both directions.

McGregor swung his hammer in an uppercut motion, catching the first of the zombies on the base of its chin, flinging its head back and snapping its neck. He finished it of with a blow to the side of its head, which was already dangling strangely to the side. The zombie crumpled and fell before McGregor's feet. Whirling on the spot McGregor then caught the next with a backhand blow, impaling its head with the sharp claws of the hammer and using the grip provided to slam its head several times against the wall before pulling the hammer from it and letting the momentum bring it to the floor. The zombie still groaned and made to move again, so McGregor lifted his foot before slamming it down hard onto the dead man's head feeling his skull cracking open between his foot and the concrete below with a wet, crunching sound. The zombie stopped moving and McGregor proceeded to pull himself over the second fence.

Inventory Update:
    +1 Claw Hammer (Weight 2/20)

New Total Weight = 3/20​

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • NathanHarris.png

Dennis Plum​

Shelter​

Inventory: 0/15

The apple Dennis scourged from long before had been eaten already, when the supplies were running low and Dennis wanted a little more to fill his rumbling belly. Now, they were on another dangerous run to get supplies and this one was more dangerous. The people they are up against have already killed and will still kill if the need arose. Dennis vaguely remembered the two killed guards. They were no friends of him but losing manpower is a huge blow to a group during times like this.

Dennis picked the bat as his weapon of choice between the options laid out on him. He would have picked the shovel but he figured it would be too heavy for him to lug around. The bat is just right for him; long enough to keep zombies at a considerable distance from him and yet whack them to death if needed. The other weapons were just too short for him and too risky to use. The bat is perfect.

"Worship the bat," Dennis whispered, smirking. "I'm the batman." He hoped nobody heard that joke but it was too funny for him.

He followed Mark, one of the more trustworthy people in the group, as they silently crept towards the grocery store. He watched as the man bash in the head of one small zombie, probably a child. Dennis never had a child for himself, but he knew how revolting it is to do that. McGregor took up the charge, jumping over fences like it was nothing. When he landed on the other side of the fence, he put down two zombies like it was nothing. He then jumped on another fence.

Dennis knew he couldn't do the acrobatics required so he tried to find another way through the fence. He spotted a gate not far from where they are. He approached it, wary of his surroundings, but no zombie took him. He sighed as he pushed the gate open, willing it not to creak.

It swung open silently, surprisingly. He took a step in and followed McGregor. "Hey man, wait up. The sick can't be as fast as you, man."

Updated inventory: 3/15
    bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • LaneVibesit.png

Jacob Curbow
    2 Str | 4 Int | 3 Ag | 1 Char
    Inventory: Nothing​

Jacob paused to see which weapons his new group decided to pick out. After a few of them had gone up and chosen their tool, most of them feeling the bat was the best choice, he decided it was his turn. The shovel immediately stood out to him, for its variety of uses, and weight. No one seemed to be that interested in taking it, but it was just too useful to pass up. He wasn't exactly the strongest person in the group, from what he could tell, but it seemed that the momentum from a little swing would be enough to do some serious damage. Even the tip was sharpened a little, nice.

Jacob walked into the alley casually. Mark and McGregor were already halfway up, doing a nice job of clearing the zombies within. There wasn't a need to exert himself simply to catch up. He could always take the lead back, if the two ever got tired of swinging their weapons. Up ahead, Mark swung and took down what used to be a girl, probably no older than ten.

At least we have another person who's not afraid to do what's necessary, Jacob thought, feeling no remorse for the girl.

After having to bash his own father's head, nothing really got to him anymore. Well, at least that what he kept reminding himself. He would need a good therapist after this was all over. He chuckled to himself at that last thought, and hopped the first fence pretty easily. Normally he would be way more cautious than what he was being right now, but being in a group relaxed him a bit. He was still ready for a zombie to run out at any moment, but after traveling alone for the past few days, he was glad a friendly bunch of people picked him up off the side of the road. The only worry in his mind was if the other people would be able to do what was necessary to survive. He didn't need people's feelings getting in the way of what was obviously right.

After hopping the second fence, Jacob walked a little faster to catch up with the people at the front of the group.

New Inventory: (4/15)
    shov_zps1ead20a2.png

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • OscarGuzman.png
    Mark Forrester - Status: Fine
    INVENTORY (0/15):
    bat_zpsc42b8af2.png

McGregor had charged forward and flung himself over the first fence rather quickly. Mark made to follow. It would've been nice if he hadn't avoided killing these zombies. There were three zombies still left in the alleyway before the fence and Mark didn't want these to be a problem later when they came back. He approached a very tall zombie and swung his bat high and hard. Crack!

The big zombie toppled over, smacking its head on a trashcan. The clang of the can alerted the two other zombies to Mark's presence. They lumbered towards him. He set up a swing at the female zombie. Crunch! Her skull caved in and she hit the asphalt with a thud. Mark felt slightly squeamish at the sounds, but shook his head and began circling the final zombie. He pushed it back with the end of his bat, but it tripped over the tall zombie and fell back into an alley door.

An echoing thump ringed in his ears. You're supposed to be quiet, you moron. He approached it and raised his bat. Swinging down, the bat collided with zombie skull and the ensuing splatter of brains brought the bile into to the back of his throat.

Mark turned and saw Jacob hopping the fence. He was new, but he was reliable. Quiet. They had found him traveling on the road alone and after their losses early on, Mark was quite glad for more people. He didn't like seeing dwindling numbers in their party and he certainly wasn't ready to abandon ship. The first night after the crash, McGregor, Alex, and Dennis had discussed leaving the Ukiah shelter, but Mark still wasn't so sure. It was a dangerous world out there and how many other Garner's Sporting Goods were there? Probably too many.

Mark followed Jacob, but decided to take the gate after Dennis. His arm was a bit tender still, but Kin had finally taken the time to properly stitch it up and it was healing nicely. Kin was a master surgeon it seemed because Mark could swing the bat with no pain, but certain movements like lifting himself over that fence or trying to carry too much really tweaked the "old wound". He couldn't believe they had crashed a week ago already. It felt longer, but also just like yesterday. He was rapidly becoming accustomed to this world and this life, but nobody said that was a good thing.

Mark caught up with the other guys. They were quite close to the grocery store now and Mark was getting a little nervous. The last time they encountered looters, he had almost died. This specific group of looters was well-equipped and dangerous, as the deaths of shelter members by their hands proved. He just hoped the store wasn't alarmed or they'd have a horde of zombies on them AND snipers from Garner's too. McGregor was hopping the second fence, Jacob following. Mark heard Dennis say, "Hey man, wait up. The sick can't be as fast as you, man."

"Who are you calling sick, Dennis?" Mark said. He waved his bandaged arm slightly, smirking at the other man.

-

Oddball_

Years
  • Catching up

Status
    Spoiler:

Alex grabbed a shovel. It was large, and would hurt like hell if somebody were to get hit with it... Not to mention she could bury the body of any old bat who dropped dead of old age. "You've become violent." She muttered to herself as she walked past the corpses of several Walkers. It seemed somebody had gotten a bit bloodthirsty. Alex was glad that she wouldn't have to deal with them herself though. She saw the others near the store. "Wait up the sick can't move as fast as you." Dennis had said to Mc Greggor. "Yeah don't want to break a hip or anything." Alex chuckled sarcastically, catching up to the group quickly. "How's your arm Mark?" Alex asked as they reached the doors. The lights inside flickered, and several Walkers shuffled around inside. "So... anybody got a plan? I'd rather not wake up the looters next door." Alex mumbled whilst staring at the shelves with food on them.

+1 Shovel (4/15)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back